Awards night

TopRam

very positive after tonight. Heard some great things and after negativity its really brought some hope back into me for next year. Was a cracking night got lots of pics and heard some decent things from the players and also ince had a little saying that he is coming back! 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loads eustace finds out today if he is here next year which I hope. Ince and mcclarens interviews on stage were very positive, no one being aloud to leave unless the club say, after a poor month they all seemed still very together all said how much they are disappointed and next year with a few signings they will go again. Donut bent is coming back tho. Shot ton and a few other signings said how much they love it and that they have to keep going, so much mention of the fans. 

Ince also said on stage he had a bad year in football then joked about it being at forest, but said being at derby the players staff fans brought his love for football back 

Loads eustace finds out today if he is here next year which I hope. Ince and mcclarens interviews on stage were very positive, no one being aloud to leave unless the club say, after a poor month they all seemed still very together all said how much they are disappointed and next year with a few signings they will go again. Donut bent is coming back tho. Shot ton and a few other signings said how much they love it and that they have to keep going, so much mention of the fans. 

​All hot air, they certainly were not all 'still very together' on Saturday when it mattered most.

Its good if players like it here but all that really matters at the end of the day is performances and I saw nothing on Saturday to suggest that the players care that much about being here.

For those interested:

Player of the season - Hughes

Young player of the season - Ince

Save of the season - Grant - double save at Middlesborough

Goal of the season - Hendrick - Millwall

Top Goalscorer - Martin

Under 21 player of the season - Hanson

Scholar of the year -  Zanzala

Academy player of the year - Yates

For those interested:

Player of the season - Hughes

Young player of the season - Ince

Save of the season - Grant - double save at Middlesborough

Goal of the season - Hendrick - Millwall

Top Goalscorer - Martin

Under 21 player of the season - Hanson

Scholar of the year -  Zanzala

Academy player of the year - Yates

​Surprised Grant got save of the season. 

Donut bent is coming back tho.

​Does that mean he is or he isnt? I heard him telling someone that he hoped to stay, but you never know if he was just saying what fans want to hear.

McClaren actually said that Steve Bruce had agreed to sell him Tom Ince didn't he? Couldn't tell if it was a joke or not, but the intent was obvious that they want to sign him.

The vote was split on our table on the goal of the season - between Bryson and Hendrick. I think the Hendrick one just looked better because it was an instinctive volley. I actualy though Ince has scored nicer goals than the free kick that got nominated

Im amazed Bryson v watford wasnt goal of the season.

​Hendrick's goal was technically brilliant, in my opinion the best I've seen since Ben Davies v The Dirties four years ago, maybe even better than that. OK, I'm a sucker for volleys. Bryson's goal at Watford was wonderful, an absolute screamer, but Ibe and Ince managed half a dozen equally spectacular goals themselves. Hendrick's stood out for me because it was 'different'.

​Does that mean he is or he isnt? I heard him telling someone that he hoped to stay, but you never know if he was just saying what fans want to hear.

McClaren actually said that Steve Bruce had agreed to sell him Tom Ince didn't he? Couldn't tell if it was a joke or not, but the intent was obvious that they want to sign him.

The vote was split on our table on the goal of the season - between Bryson and Hendrick. I think the Hendrick one just looked better because it was an instinctive volley. I actualy though Ince has scored nicer goals than the free kick that got nominated

I heard Eustace saying to bent that he finds out today about his contract if he gets one for next season, Eustace said you better be coming back and he just walked off after a little laugh, he didn't seem like a man staying distanced himself from most of the players I thought, where as Russell ward and a few others together all night, Conor Sammon was probably the nicest guy I've met asking me what I did for a living and acctually wanted to have a chat, Hughes showed passion when I spoke to him and a really nice guy, Bryson seemed a mard after a guy was pulling him around, mcclarens speach and Inces speach I thought were very passionate and well spoken, our table also choose the Hendrick goal just for the sheer technique, made me a lot more positive than I've been, think McClaren was messing about saying that Bruce was fine about letting him go but it was clear we will try to sign him and clear about him wanting to come, loved the bit about him saying his time was not nice at forest! Very good night overall 

Agree about Sammon - we couldn't shut him up! Had a good long chat with Barks too - mostly about music!

It was interesting to note who went straight home after the dinner and which players were stood in the bar chatting like a bunch of mates. I know some probably had legitimate reasons for not staying, so not saying that as a criticism, more that it was nice to see those that stayed genuinely looked like they were enjoying each others company

From a lot of various reactions about Bryson's behaviour over the last few months, I wonder aloud if he'll be a Derby player next season.

​He's deleted his Twitter account, if anybody wants to make anything out of it.

Agree about Sammon - we couldn't shut him up! Had a good long chat with Barks too - mostly about music!

It was interesting to note who went straight home after the dinner and which players were stood in the bar chatting like a bunch of mates. I know some probably had legitimate reasons for not staying, so not saying that as a criticism, more that it was nice to see those that stayed genuinely looked like they were enjoying each others company

​Which players stayed to chat ? How did you get invited/ tickets or whatever to attend this event? and do you know any of the players addresses? For administrative purposes of course  :ph34r:

Russell ward Hughes Lingard Bryson Roos grant keogh barker and a few others were still there when I left at 11

Archived