Big 7 days........

My take is that we need to get those transfers which will improve us lined up asap. The problem is that with SM still non-comittal how can we expect the board to give him £10M to spend when a new manager will have different plans. I fully expect him to either go before the next episode of Geordie Shore(n) of confidence, points, morale or he will make it clear to big Sam he's going nowhere. This will enable us to go for the likes of R Ince and Henley.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. McClaren said he's meeting with the board in the next day or 2 so his future will be resolves soon (Hopefully he's off and we can get compensation from Newcastle)

2. Speak with Hughes about his future and if he wishes to leave (Which I imagine he will) try to gauge what type of figure we could get for him

3. Speak with the board to see how much money the new manager would be allowed to spend on transfers

4. Once the play offs have done, Rush will contact the managers at the top of his list to see if they wish to come him and what they'd do with the budget

5. Get better physios

6. Sell deadwood and sign players who actually want to get promoted with us

7. Win the league

Pfff, this football stuff is easy

Saw my ex ram friend again this morning and he says the situation has not changed from what he told me the other week.No approach from Newcastle,Mac has not been tapped up and right now he has no intention of leaving.....see story in this mornings sun.....people just reading into things what they want.

However if a approach comes and Derby accept it then it would indicate they do not want him and that puts a different slant on things.

He told me what Mac had said about learning a few things over the last few months related to some players inability to change to the different systems they were asked to play once the injuries struck.Also about their ability to handle the pressure of a poor run of results.

The loan players did what was asked of them contributed goals and assists the problem was the others mostly could not rise to or maintain level of performance to make their contribution telling.

He said it is interesting to see what happens now.

Saw my ex ram friend again this morning and he says the situation has not changed from what he told me the other week.No approach from Newcastle,Mac has not been tapped up and right now he has no intention of leaving.....see story in this mornings sun.....people just reading into things what they want.

However if a approach comes and Derby accept it then it would indicate they do not want him and that puts a different slant on things.

He told me what Mac had said about learning a few things over the last few months related to some players inability to change to the different systems they were asked to play once the injuries struck.Also about their ability to handle the pressure of a poor run of results.

The loan players did what was asked of them contributed goals and assists the problem was the others mostly could not rise to or maintain level of performance to make their contribution telling.

​Interesting read, the one thing I don't like about football is that managers get blamed for everything and the players get a way with everything. The person behind the secret footballer whoever he is, says players get everything given to them, get plenty of money, plenty of protection and when things go wrong even if its their fault its the manager who gets the blame.

For me there has been a few individuals who for me were no where near good enough over the past 2 months, I've been blaming confidence the whole time but yesterday I watched a game that no matter how little confidence you have, it lacked desire and urgency to try and get the right result. I feel a little for Stevie Mac, rumours have grown and grown without any real evidence that he has always been aiming to leave, but fans have built it up so much its got to the point where a lot of Derby fans have convinced themselves that he's always wanted to go and therefore he isn't good enough anymore. 

Were any of those " no where near good enough individuals" Warnock, Shotton, Albentosa and Christie by any chance? Sure, dont blame the manager!! 

If Steve McLaren is not off to Newcastle and the rumors are not true then I think this woeful turn around in our form is even more alarming! 

No specific names Stockholm but the Albentossa one is interesting because if you get chance read the Spanish article on the decline of Eibar since he left.

Mentioned on a post yesterday not all players are a instant hit some off our all time top players were derided after their first few games.Maybe it will turn out the club and player do not fit each other time will tell it happens.

I agree with you Ramos it is easy to blame the manager and the modern day fan  wants instant success and he is the easy target.I remember Jim Smith once saying players make managers look a genius or a fool all week they do what you ask.Then on a match day they do the complete opposite.......they have to take a close look at themselves too.

1. McClaren said he's meeting with the board in the next day or 2 so his future will be resolves soon (Hopefully he's off and we can get compensation from Newcastle)

2. Speak with Hughes about his future and if he wishes to leave (Which I imagine he will) try to gauge what type of figure we could get for him

3. Speak with the board to see how much money the new manager would be allowed to spend on transfers

4. Once the play offs have done, Rush will contact the managers at the top of his list to see if they wish to come him and what they'd do with the budget

5. Get better physios

6. Sell deadwood and sign players who actually want to get promoted with us

210,687. Win the league

Lots of hard work in between to contend with

Were any of those " no where near good enough individuals" Warnock, Shotton, Albentosa and Christie by any chance? Sure, dont blame the manager!! 

If Steve McLaren is not off to Newcastle and the rumors are not true then I think this woeful turn around in our form is even more alarming! 

​I never said don't blame the manager, I never said he wasn't part to blame or part of our problem. I said managers get blamed for everything and in a lot of peoples eyes including a footballer that I mentioned in my post about his book said players get off far to easily compared with managers. He even said he knows of or played in a team I can't remember which one where the players deliberately played badly to get rid of their manager. And i'm pretty sure it worked. 

Also its easy for you to point out players he signed that werent good enough over the past two months but how about, Bryson, Hendrick, Russell, Forsyth, they weren't mcclarens signings if that was the point you were making. 

Have to agree that every player bar Martin and Hughes were well down on last seasons efforts. Forsyth and Bryson were a shadow of their past efforts. New signings not taken us to the next level. Tactical naivity. Injury to key players. Lack of bottle. No settled backline.

Macca paid the big bucks so he has to take it like a man.

Im just so annoyed by the last few weeks Ramos. Not having a go mate. I live in Sweden and not surrounded by Rams fans to air my thoughts to so here is a good place to vent. 

I think players should carry part of the blame but the book does stop with the manager/ head coach and this particular one has got right up my nose currently. 

Its numerous as to why its all gone pear shaped but alot of it is at McLarens hands. Bryson has been allowed to steal a living this season. Hendrick has played every position as much as the one he used to excell in. The back 4 are lucky that the match fixing crew have not come asking questions. And the head coach not only seems unable to fix any of this, he just about admits it in his " it is what it is" quote.

I have supported this club for 43 years and never seen a " good team" turn form into decline so rapidly as this lot. Yesterdays 0-3 defeat is totally unacceptable. 

Be gone sir..Newcastle..Holland..anywhere but here. You have more than confirmed my worries. 

Im just so annoyed by the last few weeks Ramos. Not having a go mate. I live in Sweden and not surrounded by Rams fans to air my thoughts to so here is a good place to vent. 

I think players should carry part of the blame but the book does stop with the manager/ head coach and this particular one has got right up my nose currently. 

Its numerous as to why its all gone pear shaped but alot of it is at McLarens hands. Bryson has been allowed to steal a living this season. Hendrick has played every position as much as the one he used to excell in. The back 4 are lucky that the match fixing crew have not come asking questions. And the head coach not only seems unable to fix any of this, he just about admits it in his " it is what it is" quote.

I have supported this club for 43 years and never seen a " good team" turn form into decline so rapidly as this lot. Yesterdays 0-3 defeat is totally unacceptable. 

Be gone sir..Newcastle..Holland..anywhere but here. You have more than confirmed my worries. 

​No worries pal never thought you were having ago, the problem with message boards/ online unless you put lol after everything, everything sounds like people are talking angrily haha, so my response sounded angry but it really wasn't. I don't argue with my fellow fans, its not really my style. And maybe you should just try venting on a random stockholm street, although you may get some weird looks!!

I agree with many of your points and McClaren has made quite a few big error of judgements in my eyes. For example bringing players back in just because of who they are no matter other players performances, persevering with the 4 3 3 with a holding midfielder when we didn't have a holding midfielder. In the whole time here not working out a different way for us to play, we have rarely ground out results when a team has been in our faces.

But like you say about the defence, they have made errors that managers can't do much or anything about yet unless I have missed it not one defender has come out and held their hands up and apologised for making school boy errors. They're the types of things that annoy me about players getting away with it. Yeah we all moan about them but eventually they keep making these school boy errors and because of this many people decide its McClaren who has to go who has given us about 18 great months and then 2 and a bit bad months.

I just maybe wanted a bit better explanation from the players themselves other than generic comments and comments about injuries, about why grant dropped a ball into his own net or why christie and forsyth continuously pass the ball to the opposing team under no pressure. Forgive me if i missed any interviews where they actually did.

Im fairly sure they didnt. Be good though wouldnt it...

Owen.." Bit shaky in the back four today Richard"

Keogh..." Thats putting it mildly Owen.. I thought we were cack and tackled like wussies.. That Shotton..wow, why did we buy him for..give our wages to Derby Childrens hospital... We apologise hugely.."

I suspect this is right. You can only work eith the tools you're given. I've always bern a fan if McClaren but I wonder with hindsight whether the problem may be that he couldn't manage with the limitations of the players at his disposal. 

Successes at:

Derby under Jim Smith with good players. 

Man Utd under Ferguson with good players. 

Middlesbrough but not so good and players less flexible. 

England. Bunch of prima donnas who aren't ad good as they thought they were. 

Twente - can't comment

Wolfsberg - can't comment

Forest - perhaps not flexible enough

Derby - able to coach extra 10%, lucky with injuries last year and element of surprise. 

He did say at forest he tried to impose things on players too quickly and they were not capable of taking it on board.

After last season when we probably overachieved he thought that this group were capable stuck with them ..because they did the job last year....only to find they were actually not up to what was asked.When things started to go wrong they shrunk back to what they were when he arrived a team mostly of mid table championship players.

That should caused some debate......with the exception of hughes who else could step into the prem leaving out the loan players.

Im fairly sure they didnt. Be good though wouldnt it...

Owen.." Bit shaky in the back four today Richard"

Keogh..." Thats putting it mildly Owen.. I thought we were cack and tackled like wussies.. That Shotton..wow, why did we buy him for..give our wages to Derby Childrens hospital... We apologise hugely.."

​that would be ideal haha,

That should caused some debate......with the exception of hughes who else could step into the prem leaving out the loan players.

​All depends on circumstance. 

Grant - With a good goalkeeping coach and a solid defence in-front of him, yes. 

Christie - If he maintains peak form and confidence, yes.

Keogh - not for me.

Buxton - Maybe. I wouldn't be afraid to give him a go.

Forsyth - In a hoofball side he might be all right. He's not good enough on the ball for us though.

Thorne - Without a doubt. 

Hendrick - no. At his absolute best he is, but he doesn't have the mental attributes a player of his mould should. He'd never consistent enough to be worth persevering with.

Russell - There are worse starters than him up there!

Martin - In the correct side. He'd be all right at Chelsea, Arsenal, Southampton, Swansea or Everton. He doesn't have any outstanding physical attribute so he'd be useless in a lot of sides up there.

Archived