Two points grinding my gears at the minute...

Ambitious

The crazy thing is, that it feels like we’ve made so much progress since Clough went and Mac came in.

Yet where we we, when he arrived? 4-1 down to Ipswich at half time, unable to defend the simplest attacks, but plenty of team spirit and goals in us..

All McClaren needed to do was sort the defence out.

And we may yet finish outside the play-offs.

Have we really progressed at all?

I remember a time when we produced 6 straight losses and were thouroughly outplayed in all of them! Don't let the past 6-8 weeks cloud your judgement, this club has come a long way in the past 18 months. 18 months ago you would have snapped somebody's arm off for a shot at the play offs, now they are seemingly a failure, that in itself shows how much progress we have made.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simply my opinion, fella. 

So what is your issue with martin's reaction to goal being conceded?

how do you expect him to react in your idealistic world

and......do you not feel embarassed players are resorting to "Shhhh" actions

remember, you found fault when our defence was conceding something like one goal in six games.....

and is your plumber chum still so sure about what he saw in the showers ?? You were one who spouted about internal issues... 

Just enjoy your holiday on 25th may...justgiving.com page just to get you anywhere but down wembley way

I am frustrated as next supporter, but......new influx of players has undoubtedly affected the closer knit team we had. However, team was always going to change substantially if we were going up, and they are professionals....biggest issue has been in deciding our best team. ( eg: ward or Lingard or Russell ) 

from here ...we need two draws, and two wins and we are in the Premier League. We could in theory lose our next two games and win the following two and be in the Premier League.

we need our best away following ever for the play off away game.

we can score goals, we will likely concede goals in play offs, but just to make some moments of quality count.

we had a great team in 1992 under Arthur Cox.....but once they started poorly they were so inconsistent, despite playing good football we need a bit of confidence, belief and havingChris  Martin edging towards fitness is a godsend. Our 4,2,3,1 formation worked well at Wolves away ....and without a match fit GT is the likely way to go.

personally I can see us drawing at home in play off semi final,but roared on by a willing crowd we can beat any team in this league.

So what is your issue with martin's reaction to goal being conceded?

how do you expect him to react in your idealistic world

and......do you not feel embarassed players are resorting to "Shhhh" actions

remember, you found fault when our defence was conceding something like one goal in six games.....

and is your plumber chum still so sure about what he saw in the showers ?? You were one who spouted about internal issues... 

Just enjoy your holiday on 25th may...justgiving.com page just to get you anywhere but down wembley way

​I don't have an issue with Martins reaction. I just think it was more of an "I can't believe how bad we are" look of confusion more than simple disappointment. 

I don't feel embarrassed, no. I think it is sad that a player that has been average/poor all season, finally gets his chance in the side, bags a goal, and his first thought is to shh the celebrating supporters. Who is he shhing? A few people that have a go on twitter? Do all 30,000 people have a go at him on twitter? No. A small minority. 

Yes I did find fault with the defence because it was glaringly obvious that it wasn't up to it. They were still making errors but they weren't being punished. Now they are being punished, and have been for some time now. I was right in that fact so I find it amusing that you use that as a stick to beat me with. Odd. 

Didn't see owt in the showers mate. That is your fantasy. Simply said that half the players though SM was off, and half didn't really know. A few other people around the club have heard and murmured as much. Mock that if you want, really ain't fussed. 

Your opinion is of very little concern to me. :-)

In answer to @Ambitious' opening post, I simply don't believe Mac is accepting of the defensive errors in private, but he knows it's important when some players are low on confidence, not to criticize in public.

I genuinely think we've been both unlucky and hard done by. I also think we'll be promoted. For our defensive midfielder, Thorne, Eustace, Mascarell and Hanson are injured. Christie had a flying start but didn't keep it up for long (playing Shotton at F*rest was a poor selection, but I'm sure it didn't help) but again we lost Ssewankambo to injury when he might have stepped up to be a key player. Losing Martin and Bent has been terrible up front. In some ways I feel we've done better than I expected without Martin. Last year we were the division's top scorers; this year we've scored even more.

Without horrific decisions by officials I believe we'd be promoted by now, and it seems we've been punished by our mantra of respecting referees. It simply makes it easy for them to rule against us. That's a sorry state of affairs, but in the modern world there's no room for the Corinthian Casuals and we need to play the modern game.

Not sticking with Albentosa to form a partnership with Keogh has surprised me and I think is a mistake. Another mistake is that the team should have been allowed to evolve. When Burnley came calling, I'd have sold Bryson and Keogh and bought in better. That said, Keogh's had a great season, recognized this week.

The argument is that Mac's not getting the best out of the players. Go on pretty much any other club's forum and most fans seem to think they've got several of the best players in the league. My sense is everyone overrates their own. Everything crossed, a second successive playoff campaign would be a tremendous achievement, especially when you look at where Brighton and Wigan have found themselves after playoff disappointments nowhere near as big as ours last season.

Why don't you **** off with this half fan ****, you're what's grinding my gears thinking nobody's as commited a fan as you. 

​Touchy - or just touched?

Also, you mis-spelled "committed".

@eddie. Do you have a ST EHR? 

​Why would you pose such a question when you have been on my profile to see if I have a season ticket and it clearly states NO. ? 

Do you have a £400.000 house that'll be all yours in two years time ? I have, and that's why I currently don't have a season ticket. I've done my stint of home and away following Derby County and I hope to resume once my priorities change.

You smart arses have been politely asked to refrain from this oneupmanship by Daveo but still you persist, in my opinion you are no better than any other fan because you have a season ticket, people's priorities change but their support of the club doesn't.

​Why would you pose such a question when you have been on my profile to see if I have a season ticket and it clearly states NO. ? 

Do you have a £400.000 house that'll be all yours in two years time ? I have, and that's why I currently don't have a season ticket. I've done my stint of home and away following Derby County and I hope to resume once my priorities change.

You smart arses have been politely asked to refrain from this oneupmanship by Daveo but still you persist, in my opinion you are no better than any other fan because you have a season ticket, people's priorities change but their support of the club doesn't.

I agree. I have a ST because I now live in Derby,  but I'm probably 'less of a supporter' than when I lived on the Isle of Wight and spent hundreds of pounds getting boats/trains/hotels to watch Derby play most weeks. 

Everyone supports their club in their own way. Some cover themselves in Derby tattoos and call their children Archie and Franny... Some don't. 

I don't believe in a pecking order. 

Yeah, like the guy in the £400,000 house would buy a ST! Come on! 

​A REAL fan would spend £398,000 on the house and £2k on season tickets for his family. 

Just saying

I am a failure Mostyn, my wife doesn't like football, my eldest follows West Ham...or is it Villa ? and my youngest is a Manchester United fan. I've offered them counselling but they have resisted all opportunities to follow the greatest team the world has ever seen. :(

I am a failure Mostyn, my wife doesn't like football, my eldest follows West Ham...or is it Villa ? and my youngest is a Manchester United fan. I've offered them counselling but they have resisted all opportunities to follow the greatest team the world has ever seen. :(

​Your eldest son is David Cameron , and I claim my prize .:D

​it's no secret that kids will support another team until you take them to a few games. The first few games will seal the deal. So if they've been to see West Ham, Villa or ManUre already, they're doomed, but if they haven't, get them to iPro asap.

Yeah, like the guy in the £400,000 house would buy a ST! Come on! 

​My wife and I are both from council estates, because the council estates in our area were/are not as desirable those/these days, we took the decision to buy above our station if you like to raise our children in an area where respecting others is the norm.

Everything we earn goes on paying off our mortgage/living expenses. We are having our first holiday for 6 years this year (not complaining, our choice) and our boys will have a decent helping hand to make their own way in life when we kick the bucket.

Obviously we didn't pay £400.000 for our house but that's what they are now selling for and that's why, currently, I don't have a season ticket (if that's alright with you)

​it's no secret that kids will support another team until you take them to a few games. The first few games will seal the deal. So if they've been to see West Ham, Villa or ManUre already, they're doomed, but if they haven't, get them to iPro asap.

​Took my youngest to OT a few times, he's committed. It's so sad. 

I do think you've just taken offence at something that was tongue in cheek.

Why would people who claim to be fans of Derby start spouting all these crappy rumours? Amazing how we didn't hear anything of the sort last season.. because there were no reasons to start believing that people had fallen out.

​My wife and I are both from council estates, because the council estates in our area were/are not as desirable those/these days, we took the decision to buy above our station if you like to raise our children in an area where respecting others is the norm.

Everything we earn goes on paying off our mortgage/living expenses. We are having our first holiday for 6 years this year (not complaining, our choice) and our boys will have a decent helping hand to make their own way in life when we kick the bucket.

Obviously we didn't pay £400.000 for our house but that's what they are now selling for and that's why, currently, I don't have a season ticket (if that's alright with you)

​Relax, it was just a simple Arrested Development reference. 

Archived