Two points grinding my gears at the minute...

Ambitious

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​My wife and I are both from council estates, because the council estates in our area were/are not as desirable those/these days, we took the decision to buy above our station if you like to raise our children in an area where respecting others is the norm.

Everything we earn goes on paying off our mortgage/living expenses. We are having our first holiday for 6 years this year (not complaining, our choice) and our boys will have a decent helping hand to make their own way in life when we kick the bucket.

Obviously we didn't pay £400.000 for our house but that's what they are now selling for and that's why, currently, I don't have a season ticket (if that's alright with you)

​My folks were from council estates, and did the same for me and my siblings. We were raised in a nice area, but we found bags of skag very hard to come by. I understand you are trying to do the best by your children, but reputable areas do have drawbacks. 

​My folks were from council estates, and did the same for me and my siblings. We were raised in a nice area, but we found bags of skag very hard to come by. I understand you are trying to do the best by your children, but reputable areas do have drawbacks. 

​and THEN you moved to Derby! Oh how your Ma and Pa must despair!

​Why would you pose such a question when you have been on my profile to see if I have a season ticket and it clearly states NO. ? 

Do you have a £400.000 house that'll be all yours in two years time ? I have, and that's why I currently don't have a season ticket. I've done my stint of home and away following Derby County and I hope to resume once my priorities change.

You smart arses have been politely asked to refrain from this oneupmanship by Daveo but still you persist, in my opinion you are no better than any other fan because you have a season ticket, people's priorities change but their support of the club doesn't.

​We all know £400,000 house in Hertfordshire is actually a maisonette.  

​A defensive midfielder as part of a 3 in central midfield isn't a requirement of every football team in the league. It's not like not having a keeper. Play another system.

Most other teams have built their team around a solid defence who's main skill is defending, they stay organised at the expense of providing an attacking threat and are comfortable with the idea of being on the back foot much of the match.

We've done the complete opposite, but it has (/had?) its advantages when it came to our attacking play so it was mostly ignored. We could change the system, but we'd still have a defence built on sand.

Leicester and Burnley last season could rely on their defence to do the business at crucial times, as could QPR - they didn't play as attractive football as us, and I wouldn't have traded their attacking play for ours - but in certain games I'd have definitely traded some of their back four(s) for some of ours!

With a suitable DM we found an almost perfect balance. Eustace's organisational assistance, Thorne's knowedge of when to stay and when to go (along with some cracking strikes and a killer pass) - we still made the odd mistake but as a whole it just clicked. I did say almost perfect though, because our defence still couldn't be relied upon in any match where we couldn't break the opposition down.

For what it's worth I think us signing Albentosa was is/was meant as an indication that we were going to try to get someone in defence who's main focus is being a solid defender - but until he's settled in we won't really see that. He has shown glimpses of being able to dominate his opponent one on one, but struggled in other areas. Jeering some poor long balls out of defence (when there wasn't really anyone giving him the option of a short pass) in his 3rd/4th appearance was just wonderful, that'll help him settle that will.

​We all know £400,000 house in Hertfordshire is actually a maisonette.  

​Tell you what Scarlet, we couldn't even think about St Albans, now that is expensive. We've got a 3 bedroom semi which I think is quite modest, you don't get much for your dough dahn 'ere mate.

Archived