A big point

Albert

Reading's record against the Top 6:

Home: 2 wins, 1 draw, 3 losses

Away: 3 wins, 2 losses

Wolves play Millwall at home.

Brentford play Wigan at home. 

Don't take next Saturday for granted, we still need a point. Don't underestimate them for a second, don't expect charity from Brentford or Wolves for a second. Saturday matters. Saturday matters as much as any playoff match. 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't for one second think Reading will be there just to make up the numbers. For starters they have about four ex forest players in their squad, usually I wouldn't think twice about it but specifically Cox and Mackie, I really think don't like Derby because of the stick our fans have given them in recent years. I'm sure it would delight either of them to score a goal that could potentially stop our promotion charge, well not charge, its more of a limp, well not limp its more of a crawl..... actually second thought crawling is probably a little bit to generous. 

We've already played them 3 times this season, so there should be no excuses. We know they are beatable, and they are where they are in the table for a reason. Mentality is key

And if Yakubu is on the bench, we need to put some superglue on his seat

​We beat them away, and beat them at home with a second string. I think we were the better side with ten men too, and perhaps if we hadn't been gung hoe, we would have held out for the draw and done them in the replay. 

Unfortunately we aren't the same team that played in those three games. I don't really know who or what we are anymore. 

If the players cant get up for this game knowing full well whats at stake and that there are no second chances then we dont deserve to get into the Play Offs let alone go up!!

If we get an early goal Reading will fold. The longer it goes without a goal, the more pressure will take hold, both on the pitch and in the stands. We as supporters can play our part in helping here. No negativity please!! Well apart from Muespach of course!!!

If the players cant get up for this game knowing full well whats at stake and that there are no second chances then we dont deserve to get into the Play Offs let alone go up!!

If we get an early goal Reading will fold. The longer it goes without a goal, the more pressure will take hold, both on the pitch and in the stands. We as supporters can play our part in helping here. No negativity please!! Well apart from Muespach of course!!!

​This is the same team that couldn't get up for Middlesboro home and away, Forest at home, Brentford at home, Fulham away when 5 points clear at the top of the table, Watford at home against 10 men...

We are where we are because the team hasn't got up for games when they needed to. Although that could change this weekend. I sincerely hope so because Reading would loooooooove to spoil the party. 

True, but they always had the excuse that "we can put it right next week"

This time they dont have that luxury!! Its a cup game that we must lose and that`s how they have t approach it. No 2nd chances. Reading shouldnt be as motivated as us and as we all know, motivation plays a big part in the outcome of a football match when you have 2 sides of similar ability.

As I said, if we cant get up for this then we deserve (and will get) nothing!!!

​Negatvity....?? I am the one that was saying how easy it is going to be, we will cruise past Reading, beat Boro easily in the semis and then anyone in the final will be cake...its in the stars..

We will lose but Wolves and Brentford will fail to take advantage!

​Not an impossible scenario, but I can't see neither of them winning, I'm pretty sure at least one of them will.

How weird is it that the two teams that need to win to stand any chance of getting to the play-offs have ended up playing the two teams who need to win to stand any chance of staying up?

The more I think about, the more I'm convinced that the Championship is all scripted - like the wrestling :)

​Not an impossible scenario, but I can't see neither of them winning, I'm pretty sure at least one of them will.

How weird is it that the two teams that need to win to stand any chance of getting to the play-offs have ended up playing the two teams who need to win to stand any chance of staying up?

The more I think about, the more I'm convinced that the Championship is all scripted - like the wrestling :)

​The Wardrobe to win the Royal Rumble in injury time?

​The first point is spot on. The situation is actually pretty much perfect for our team currently. Get a result, and you deserve a go in the playoffs, as we have been one of the top 6 teams this season overall.

Lose, and you've probably blown it. And even if by some fortune we finish 6th still, whats to say the team will be ready a week later for 2 massive legs of a semi-final, when they cant motivate themselves to get past an average mid table Reading.

I'm not sure 1 early goal will have it nailed down. In the FA Cup semi against Arsenal, Reading showed that being a goal down doesn't mean you're out of it. And they showed it in the cup against us too, winning it at the end.

I'm having a bullseye on Reading so I'll have some consolation if the unthinkable happens. 

7/1 with betvictor currently, maybe get 8's somewhere during the week, 

​That's a good idea but I can't do it.

I'm on roll with my bets at the moment.

Archived