Just watch the highlights.....

climbon

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys in my other guise in life I am a qualified and active referee so seeing how some interpret the rules on message boards can be quite amusing.

So in in this case it is purely and simply down to the ref deciding his hand was in a position it should not be and the distance between it and when the ball was struck.He has decided it is deliberate handball all but not a goalscoring opportunity or it would have been a straight red.

Where the hand should be in his opinion I am not sure, he obviously has not made many sliding blocks in his life because has you do one arm is raised.

I watched the highlights. The 1st goal had me laughing inside and not suprised any more. The 1st penalty from replays looked to hit his hand but Keogh said it hit his leg so must of hit his leg 1st then hands which is harsh. App the ref was from Notts seemed legit.

If you throw yourself at the ball feet first like Keogh did (Correctly on this occasion) you arm flails behind you, this is a natural position to be in and therefore is was ball to hand and not a penalty in my opinion. Added to this the ball deflected off Keogh`s thigh, so again there is nothing he could have done about it given the speed that the ball was travelling.

The Cahill one yesterday was exactly the same yet no penalty was given. So it just really goes to show that Refs are inconsistent and interpret the laws in different ways and until we find a solution decisions will go for and against you and we just have to take it on the chin. Last seasons decision by the ref at Burnley was FAR FAR worsethan saturdays!!

Life's not fair...

Keogh has gone in with his arms up and waving all this eason, only then to land on his arris. Its bad practise that found him out yesterday. 

​Disagree. Try running and sliding without raising your arms to a degree. It's like jumping. It's a natural state where arms are used for balance and leverage.

The first goal was shocking. The second goal was a penalty despite folks saying it wasn't, and the third was difficult to tell from the television footage, but Hendrick didn't seem to complain about it being given. 

3 very poor goals to concede. 

You've obviously never slid across the floor, let alone whilst blocking a shot. 

I do find it stupid of Keogh to always dive in with his arms flaying...

​This is the characteristic flaw that Keogh just can't overcome - he goes to ground or flails bodily and risks sledging under the player or that ball, or both. 

When it's unsuccessful it is spectacularly so, and the defence is laid bare and the ball's in the net. Or, on that occasion, on the penalty spot!

The decision to 'launch' himself instead of staying upright for longer and getting in a better block or a tackle, is part of Keogh's make-up. Sadly.

​This is the characteristic flaw that Keogh just can't overcome - he just goes to ground or flails bodily and risks sledging under the player or that ball, or both. 

When it's unsuccessful it is spectacularly so, and the defence is laid bare and the ball's in the net. Or, on that occasion, on the penalty spot!

The decision to 'launch' himself instead of staying upright for longer and getting in a better block or a tackle, is part of Keogh's make-up. Sadly.

Madness.

​This is the characteristic flaw that Keogh just can't overcome - he just goes to ground or flails bodily and risks sledging under the player or that ball, or both. 

​I agree. Although in this occasion, he had no choice but to dive in a try and block the shot. I can't question his actions on this one. But yes, Forest first goal, Brighton second I believe, just off the top of my head, I find myself trying to work out why he is on the floor. 

​This is the characteristic flaw that Keogh just can't overcome - he goes to ground or flails bodily and risks sledging under the player or that ball, or both. 

​It was a great block by a player thought to be in the top two CB's in this division by his peers.

Poor decision from the referee.

​I agree. Although in this occasion, he had no choice but to dive in a try and block the shot. I can't question his actions on this one. But yes, Forest first goal, Brighton second I believe, just off the top of my head, I find myself trying to work out why he is on the floor. 

​Perhaps we ought to put some weights in his boots so he is like a weeble, that'll wobble but never fall down.

Wait, I thought we were talking about him diving in vs Millwall. Why does diving in the past make this "deserved"

Diego Costa has been a cheat and a thug for years. But if he's fouled then he's fouled. You don't consider all the times he spat on players or elbowed them. 

If it goes on what you did in past games then every time Pepe touched an opposition  player he'd be sent off. 

When Keogh won poty I was one of the few who weren't really a fan. I thought he was like Glen Johnson in that he was great at recovering and last ditch heroics. But he created those situations by charging about. He used to think that everything could be solved by bravery and aggression. He still has that in him once he's panicked. But he's managing it much better. I know he's got his weakness. But that wasn't on display for that penalty. That was a great block where his hands were in a natural place. 

Crap, unfair refereeing decision on the (Millwall) example I agree - with the officials seemingly readily seizing the opportunity to appease the hostile Millwall crowd, to Derby's detriment.

It's not madness to observe an often damaging tendency that Keogh exhibits - we have conceded some bad goals from the consequences. Too much 'last ditch' defending for my liking.

Yes, I know the others are guilty of dithering, overplaying, not putting their foot through the ball and so on, as well...we don't have consistent defenders IMHO.

Ah well, expecting too much...the current crop can't seem to show us a tiny hint or two of what made such as McFarland, Wright, Hindmarch or Stimac so special. Been spoilt over the years; still, if you don't judge players against the best you've seen, you're easily satisfied :rolleyes:

Archived