Signed: Tom Ince

North_Stand_Ram

Tom Ince prediction   

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Finally. I come on this thread and people are talking about the Ince transfer again. 

A trend that you've just broken! tut tut.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FINE!

I personally am not going to be "ERMAHGERD THATS WAY TOO MUCH MONEYZZ" unless it hits around 8 million. 

He was prolific for us last season, absolutely prolific. The absurd championship transfer fee bar was forever raised by Ross McCormack. 4 million for Ince is worth it down to the penny. 

What are you talking about? At the end of the day, what does it matter either way? Can you equate the money and justify why you think Tom Ince is worth just under 2 million quid but the extra money needed for anything over that isn't justifiable?. What is the boundary here?, is just under 2 million 1.9 million? and is just over 2.1 or 2.2...? so about 2 to 300,000 quid difference give or take? so that figure (roughly) makes him an unacceptable purchase because that amount of money could be better used how...? or his market value doesn't justify that fee with our finances because...? Don't just say random garbage without backing it up. What a nonsense comment. 

Let's take a look at the date shall we. 2 months ago, before any financial backing was shown, Mac was still in charge and the way the club were spending meant that we had spent a fee of £1 million only once in nearly 2 seasons. At that time, if it was either we sign Ince for 4 million plus, and not have the funds for any other business, or limit our spending on Ince and also get other targets. (This was how I viewed things based on past seasons) going off that reasoning, which would you have taken...? Ince, or the option to strengthen a number of areas?

At the end of the day, no-one on this forum, not then or now, knows the clubs financial state and how much we have to spend. But the fact that we have replaced our outgoings with players coming in (bar Ince and Lingard) and spending over £2 million in the process tells me that the club are willing to spend money, and will do. Therefore, I have no fear of us going big and spending the necessary fee, apparently around £4.7 million.

5 posts in and you're already going in guns blazing. Brave, but foolish and idiotic.

What are you talking about? At the end of the day, what does it matter either way? Can you equate the money and justify why you think Tom Ince is worth just under 2 million quid but the extra money needed for anything over that isn't justifiable?. What is the boundary here?, is just under 2 million 1.9 million? and is just over 2.1 or 2.2...? so about 2 to 300,000 quid difference give or take? so that figure (roughly) makes him an unacceptable purchase because that amount of money could be better used how...? or his market value doesn't justify that fee with our finances because...? Don't just say random garbage without backing it up. What a nonsense comment. 

I do

If you paint the picture of Ince when we took him on, £5m looks steep.

A player signed for £2.3m who isn't getting in the team of a struggling Prem side, who went on loan to Forest and did nothing of note and is in the last year of his contract at the cessation of the loan.

You have to ignore his value to is, based on his fee being agreed beforehand.

Let's take a look at the date shall we. 2 months ago, before any financial backing was shown, Mac was still in charge and the way the club were spending meant that we had spent a fee of £1 million only once in nearly 2 seasons. At that time, if it was either we sign Ince for 4 million plus, and not have the funds for any other business, or limit our spending on Ince and also get other targets. (This was how I viewed things based on past seasons) going off that reasoning, which would you have taken...? Ince, or the option to strengthen a number of areas?

At the end of the day, no-one on this forum, not then or now, knows the clubs financial state and how much we have to spend. But the fact that we have replaced our outgoings with players coming in (bar Ince and Lingard) and spending over £2 million in the process tells me that the club are willing to spend money, and will do. Therefore, I have no fear of us going big and spending the necessary fee, apparently around £4.7 million.

5 posts in and you're already going in guns blazing. Brave, but foolish and idiotic.

I'm confused by your last paragraph there. You make it sound as though this forum is some sort of hierarchical group where you should not challenge those with more posts than you. 

I don't think that his post count is relative to whether or not he can challenge someone without looking "foolish and idiotic" haha. 

Im off topic too. The hazelnuts give me a real bad stomach!

(Back on topic ;-) )

I used to love Topics , do they still make them :D

Sorry to go off topic on Topic :ph34r:

PS buy Ince (back on topic, off Topic) :whistle:

you seem to be getting a bit over excited.

you could take any transfer limit and say what if the fee was 300k more. Is 4.7m the limit? Or £5m ? What about £5.3m? We might as well say £5.6m then or ££5.9m or £6.2m.....ah damn £6.5m and so ad nauseum.

I'm confused by your last paragraph there. You make it sound as though this forum is some sort of hierarchical group where you should not challenge those with more posts than you. 

I don't think that his post count is relative to whether or not he can challenge someone without looking "foolish and idiotic" haha. 

I agree with you Chris, although I think someone more senior than you should have made the point.  

Don't be confused, it's not intended like that. Posters on this forum come in all shapes and sizes, ranging from the blindly opinionated to the "everyone's opinion counts". The forum works when people debate and challenge ideas and opinions. It's ok for people to do that.

In this instance, the user picked a comment made several months ago when the club was in a different place to where it is now (financially and, in some ways, levels of ambition) thus their outrage was misplaced and unneeded.

If someone has posted frequently or a large number of times, people can build up an idea of their character and personality. This user has posted just to mock my opinion. Any constructive opinions to go against my point? Or was the reply just to mock my comment and not offer anything...

Also, if someone starts saying opinions are rubbish, what's wrong with a reply saying they need to think a bit before they go bombarding in

I'm ten times the man you are. I'm also crap at maths.

:P

PistoldPete2

It's all very well clement saying he's happy to start pre season with players he has. I'm more concerned about ince starting close season with hull... He might be got at and persuaded to stay. Will they offer him a good deal? He only has one year on his contract. I hope he comes here , the sooner the better. 

106 Pages on Ince including what seemed like 50 pages of some excellent jokes that would apply to any transfer delay. dcfcfans.co.uk  is the PunMeister General of Fanzines in England..

If we had the £4.75m, wanted to get him at all costs and he wanted to come, then he would now be here.So either he is deliberating his future or we do not think that he is worth £4.75m upfront, as Bruce will not budge. or both of these issues it would seem.I rate him at £3 plus add ons for England, promotion etc.

106 Pages on Ince including what seemed like 50 pages of some excellent jokes that would apply to any transfer delay. dcfcfans.co.uk  is the PunMeister General of Fanzines in England..

If we had the £4.75m, wanted to get him at all costs and he wanted to come, then he would now be here.So either he is deliberating his future or we do not think that he is worth £4.75m upfront, as Bruce will not budge. or both of these issues it would seem.I rate him at £3 plus add ons for England, promotion etc.

£3? . Even I could afford him! 

Archived