Signed: Tom Ince

North_Stand_Ram

Tom Ince prediction   

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

​I wouldn't, frankly, because it's just a variation on a theme - and in a year's time, there will be another variation involving a different blade of grass.

I don't try to compartmentalise and over-analyse footballers - if you want to, then that's entirely up to you. People waxed lyrical about 'third man theory' in the 1960's, citing the way that West Ham played (especially the influence that Martin Peters had on their success),  as though it was a completely new approach and a magical method that would carry everything before it. It just gave people headaches.

Fair enough but taking that to its extreme there'd be no difference between defenders, midfielders and attackers. 

I can can just imagine an Eddie on the 1884 dcfcfans forum complaining about this new fangled centre half position the kids are talking about and how it's no different to a half back.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair enough but taking that to its extreme there'd be no difference between defenders, midfielders and attackers. 

I can can just imagine an Eddie on the 1884 dcfcfans forum complaining about this new fangled centre half position the kids are talking about and how it's no different to a half back.

​Two letters:

WM

Surely Ince would pick Newcastle if he got the chance? Premier League football, and familiarity with McClaren.

​Welcome to the forum mate, anyway, we've got an ace up our sleeve, have you seen the new kit yet ? When Incey see's it he'll be, yeah, it's got to be Derby. ;)

Internet says Walmart? Woman marine? Wise man? Waste management?

​It was a football formation much loved by Herbert Chapman, the man who masterminded the success of Huddersfield Town in the 1920's and Arsenal in the 1930's.

PistoldPete2

Surely Ince would pick Newcastle if he got the chance? Premier League football, and familiarity with McClaren.

Familiarity with mcclaren is a reason to join Derby now that mcclaren has gone.

I'm not conversant with Bosman rules but can a player refuse to go to a club if the two clubs have agreed a transfer? Like a no-trade clause that we see a lot in North American sports? 

I think there is something in the small print of the rules that says that if necessary we could make the player (Ince in this instance) sit in a boat in chains, and make him row all day, if we wanted. But I hope it doesn't come to that.

I think there is something in the small print of the rules that says that if necessary we could make the player (Ince in this instance) sit in a boat in chains, and make him row all day, if we wanted. But I hope it doesn't come to that.

​He is not our player , we can not make him do anything Zurich would have a field day

PistoldPete2

Ince's dad would have something to say about that. Anyway, whatever we have in the deal, ince can choose any team he wants so long as its Derby. 

Daily Mail saying £4.5m

"The Championship club are able to enact a £4.5million clause to sign the England U21 international owing to the terms of his loan agreement last season."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3120661/Derby-County-closing-permanent-deal-Hull-City-winger-loan-star-Tom-Ince.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Daily Mail saying £4.5m

"The Championship club are able to enact a £4.5million clause to sign the England U21 international owing to the terms of his loan agreement last season."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3120661/Derby-County-closing-permanent-deal-Hull-City-winger-loan-star-Tom-Ince.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

​4.5 Ince 1.5 Weimann... hand us the trophy 

Am I alone in hoping this transfer doesn't go through?

Ince is a good player but has a major tendency to drift in and hopelessly out of games. 

Yes, he would be a top Championship player but for this type of fee, we could buy three or four very good players at this level. 

Ince would also come with big wages. A conservative estimate would be around the 25k a week mark. 

Assuming we sign him on a three year deal, the whole package would cost likely DCFC around 9M.

I like Ince. I think he's a player with exciting potential and he has certainly proven himself to be an excellent player at this level.

However, £4.5 million seems a little excessive considering his contract situation with just over a year to run, the fact it's almost double what Hull reportedly paid for him less than twelve months ago and the fact that he would become our club record signing and potentially our highest earner too.

He would be a fantastic signing in the right circumstances. If we were in the Premier League right now, I don't think anyone would bat an eyelid because we would be spending greater sums on better players. But we are in the Championship and we've garnered a reputation for being financially astute and measured in our spending. This is certainly a sea change and puts a question mark on just how effectively we can address other areas of the squad if we are spending almost £5 million - a sum that dwarfs our usual budget - on one player.

For me, if the deal is concluded as reported, so be it. Ince is proven at this level and can certainly flourish in our side - I don't think that is anyone's concern.

My own concern is that he will arrive here with an unhealthy of amount of pressure and expectation to live up to and I can imagine this pressure will spread to the rest of the squad and the manager too and it could be too much to handle. You sign a player for £4.5 million in the Championship, people will sit up and take notice and inevitably demand results.

Am I alone in hoping this transfer doesn't go through? Yes

Ince is a good player but has a major tendency to drift in and hopelessly out of games. :lol: Give over! 

Yes, he would be a top Championship player but for this type of fee, we could buy three or four very good players at this level. We could, absolutely, but we would need to make sure they are three or four very good players. Tottenham thought the same with Bale, Liverpool with Suarez...etc 

Ince would also come with big wages. A conservative estimate would be around the 25k a week mark. When Sako's banging on about wanting 50k-a-week, I'd say he deserves it. 

Assuming we sign him on a three year deal, the whole package would cost likely DCFC around 9M. You get what you pay for. 

The tendency to drift in and out of games comment tickled me. I've certainly not seen a winger have the impact on a game he had during my time as a Derby fan - certainly not any since 2002.

To put it into perspective, if he was to have the same goals to minute ratio and play 90 minutes of every league game, he would score 28 goals (rounded up from 27.6) he has nearly four shots on goal every game! A winger that drifts in and out of games doesn't even come close to that. 

I can't think of a better, more realistic, option for us. I'd have Ince over every single winger in the Championship, without question. I think he's comfortably proven that over the past three seasons, too. 

The bad thing with Ince, though, is how **** he made the other wingers look in comparison.

Probably 500k more than I would pay -but as a whole I would pay it. We have just got 2 on a free and we need that x factor in the team. Good investment in my book.

If you can get Lowton and Weimen cheap - that's us also

I am still waiting to hear about the stellar loan signing from Real.

Archived