Why all these nasty McClaren rumours . It's just not fair .

Curtains

​McClaren will be aware of these rumours so if he's not going why doesn't he come out with a definate "I will be here next season" kind of thing and ask us all to get behind the lads for the rest of the season.

He can say "I've had no contact with Newcastle" and be telling the truth but it doesn't stop his advisers/agent from talking to them and setting something up.

McClaren could put a stop to all this speculation with a sentence if he wanted to, one wonders why he doesn't.

People still wouldn't believe it .

Im going to the Q and  A and I believe he might say this but the rumours will  still carry on as they are entrenched for some reason .

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People still wouldn't believe it .

Im going to the Q and  A and I believe he might say this but the rumours would still carry on as they are entrenched for some reason .

​Good man Curtains, will you post your thoughts after the Q & A please ?

All these people that know stuff. How do you know? What's the source? I asked as much in the other thread.

Newspapers? They're reporting your gossip back to you! What sources have they quoted?

Bookies? Never wrong? They change odds based on your bets!! So not to lose out. They don't do it based on Victor Chandlers opinion!!! 

Speaking to somebody that sits on Mac's bench. A member of his team. He said that it was all answered in January. He knows nothing about it. Nothing. If Mac is going to Newcastle or Thailand he's heard nothing. So a plumber at Moor Farm knows stuff but this guy doesn't?  

They're just trying to get on with the season. Nobody is talking about Newcastle at this critical stage. So who's the source? It can only be someone even closer to Mac. That means Steele, Simmo, Rush or Evans has told a random guy that there's been contact.

Rush says he knows nothing. So that leaves Evans, Steele and Simmo. 

Steve McClaren, one of those three are telling cafeteria staff your secrets mate. 

​McClaren will be aware of these rumours so if he's not going why doesn't he come out with a definate "I will be here next season" kind of thing and ask us all to get behind the lads for the rest of the season.

He can say "I've had no contact with Newcastle" and be telling the truth but it doesn't stop his advisers/agent from talking to them and setting something up.

McClaren could put a stop to all this speculation with a sentence if he wanted to, one wonders why he doesn't.

Football is fickle mate. You can go from hero to zero very quickly. When you're in a powerful position and you have a bargaining tool and/or a potential lifeline in case your ship starts sinking, you don't throw that away. 

All he would gain is some love off the fans. But he can get that anyway by winning. 

What he is now is a wanted man in the limelight. That can't hurt his career. 

I am definitely not ITK. All I can say from my position living in Newcastle is that nobody is talking about these rumours up here. It's a non event if you want to believe the local press, and given the toons recent run you would expect them to be all over it. The idea of a £60m war chest is laughable if you look at Ashley's 'strategy' for the club. They didn't make one permanent signing for 18 months at one point. Any signings they do make are with a view to selling later at a profit. Ashley wants a tightly run club that finishes mid table each year. This isn't attractive to fans or prospective managers. 

I get the impression Ashley would prefer Carver to have moderate success because he could tell him how it's going to be without too much resistance from him.

I'm not saying Carver's weak or anything but let's face it, his chances of being number 1 anywhere else in The Premier League are remote so he might be inclined tow the Ashley line.

That typed, I do wonder if McClaren's got a bit of an ego and thinks to himself he is the man to bring a long awaited trophy to Tyneside.

This is all getting silly now.

I believe he is deffo off to Newcastle but its not because im in the know !.

You only have to carefully examine SM's words on the subject and his body language and SR's convo to try and quieten things.

SM has never ever come out and said im committed to derby next season and this unless im sacked,im happy here etc etc.All he ever says its all newspaper talk,speculation,bound to happen,not been contacted etc etc etc.He carefully chooses his words so when it does happen in the summer he can turn around and say " well I never told you anything to the contrary " so he isn't made out to be an out and out liar.

The problem is the fans and squad get a whiff off it and it all unsettles the team.How do you manage and keep a squads faith when your going in 3 months etc etc.That huddle in the middle of the pitch INCLUDES the manager you know !.

All these people that know stuff. How do you know? What's the source? I asked as much in the other thread.

Newspapers? They're reporting your gossip back to you! What sources have they quoted?

Bookies? Never wrong? They change odds based on your bets!! So not to lose out. They don't do it based on Victor Chandlers opinion!!! 

Speaking to somebody that sits on Mac's bench. A member of his team. He said that it was all answered in January. He knows nothing about it. Nothing. If Mac is going to Newcastle or Thailand he's heard nothing. So a plumber at Moor Farm knows stuff but this guy doesn't?  

They're just trying to get on with the season. Nobody is talking about Newcastle at this critical stage. So who's the source? It can only be someone even closer to Mac. That means Steele, Simmo, Rush or Evans has told a random guy that there's been contact.

Rush says he knows nothing. So that leaves Evans, Steele and Simmo. 

Steve McClaren, one of those three are telling cafeteria staff your secrets mate. 

You didn't mention Mr Round!!!

This is all getting silly now.

I believe he is deffo off to Newcastle but its not because im in the know !.

You only have to carefully examine SM's words on the subject and his body language and SR's convo to try and quieten things.

SM has never ever come out and said im committed to derby next season and this unless im sacked,im happy here etc etc.All he ever says its all newspaper talk,speculation,bound to happen,not been contacted etc etc etc.He carefully chooses his words so when it does happen in the summer he can turn around and say " well I never told you anything to the contrary " so he isn't made out to be an out and out liar.

The problem is the fans and squad get a whiff off it and it all unsettles the team.How do you manage and keep a squads faith when your going in 3 months etc etc.That huddle in the middle of the pitch INCLUDES the manager you know !.

He said its all speculation. But I've explained why he wouldn't rule it out.

Can you explain why he would. What good does it do him? Should he weaken his position and take himself out the spotlight just to calm jittery fans. Should he cut off a potential suitor just to keep folks from their razor blades? 

He gains next to nothing from saying "i'm not interested". 

In a job as fickle as his.  You need to keep your name held in the spotlight. That's you bargaining tool. Your armour against your own fans. 

You didn't mention Mr Round!!!

Quite right. He could be the snake in the grass!!!

I'm not even saying it won't happen.  But I wouldn't say Bryson won't sign for Celtic either. Or that Sammon won't score 10 goals at this level. 

I'm just doubtful because I cant see a decent source. Everyone newspaper, twitter account etc just says "I know a guy". What guy? What does he do? I know a guy. And he knows nothing. He's not even interested. He knows as much as me. It's not a talking point. So WHO is talking about it? 

It's a genuine question. 

It's not even a talking point in Newcastle. Maybe there was legs in this rumour last summer tbf. 

Everyone thought Pulis was set to manage us. 

Archived