Huddersfield Town vs Derby County

Carl Sagan

Keep the faith we are saving ourselves for the playoffs .

The players will get together in Spain this week and we'll score 5 goals at Millwall lol

​Spain? Did I miss something?

I dont doubt well score 5 goals! Just worrying about the 5 we'll concede!

I have the faith still 

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the lads are having a get together for team bonding in the Sun somewhere it's been a tough season .

​I used to dream of team bonding with one or two in page 3 of the Sun, but that was a long time ago.

Aye, makes depressing reading Shuff, on the bright side, we've scored 8 goals in 2 games, a bit of detention for Grant and his defenders to sort out their frailties and we're looking alright for the next 2 games.

​Just need Sir Jake to be fit for the playoffs.

Glad you enjoyed the day mate, despite the obvious disappointment of not picking up maximum points. Which pub/s did you go in? I thoroughly enjoyed it and although it's clear some of our players were playing for their futures at the club we did well against a very good Derby County side.:D 

​We went in sportsman good choice of real ale decent food,town fans freindly  NO need for us to go any where else.

My sort of pub

First Huddersfield goal is awful defending by Keogh and Shotton and poor covering by Warnock. 

Second Huddersfield goal is awful defending by Hendrick. 

Third goal is laughable by Grant. 

Fourth goal is Shotton's pass, Warnock falling on his face, Hughes not clearing his lines properly and Keogh not defending the back line properly.

however it was all most certainly Christie's fault for even daring to be allowed to be put on the pitch.  

​Out in Korea so it's Ramsplayer for me. Listened to the commo & just seen the highlights. Four terrible goals to concede, but the bright side has surely got to be it would be impossible to defend so badly again? I hope!

First, the ball was needlessly given away by Christie in his own half. Then the entire team sat off instead of pressing, allowing Huddersfield to make about 30 passes before the deep cross and goal. When there's no pressure on the ball the defenders had to drop off - don't see what Keogh and Shotton could have done. I mainly blame the midfield.

Second, why don't we have anyone on either post? That has to be coaching/setup. Presumably Huddersfield did a pre-planned corner routine to get a man free for the header, but someone on the post would have cleared it. I hope the coaching staff admit their stupidity and go back to conventional defending at corners. It's conventional for a reason.

Third is indeed another howler from Grant. This time last year he looked near unbeatable (away playoff at Brighton for instance) but he seems so fragile now and is at fault for a lot of goals.

Blame for the fourth has to be mainly Shotton. He brilliantly dissects two Huddersfield players to pick out a third, without a Ram in sight. It's bad if he didn't have options, but at present we can always go long for Bent if nothing else is on.

How do we improve? I'd have a man on both posts at corners. I'd return to the high intensity, high pressing game that our opponents can't normally handle, working much harder off the ball to win it back quickly.

With Albentosa not making the squad, have the management lost faith or was he injured? We've possibly missed a trick leaving it too late to integrate Rawson, and we've struggled at right back after Christie's flying start to the season, and been unlucky that Ssewankambo got injured just after his move. Whitbread is too risky to play (due to injuries). If we make the playoffs, I think/hope it has to be Keogh and Bucko in the centre and rely on their understanding. Forsyth's distribution has inexplicably gone downhill; I'd have no qualms if he came back in, but think Warnock's savvy should be the better option. Oh for Andre Wisdom now. But Shotton has played a lot of Premier League games at right back so I'd take that for now unless we gamble on our young Swede now he's fit.

​True enough, if theres no where for the ball to go then it will always end up back at the defence

Its just every time a team attacks us we look like conceding.

Keogh is running around like a loon

Christie has no idea whats happening

Shotton at CB hasnt a clue

Warnocks on his arse

Forsyth is passing the ball away

Whitbread is running through treacle

Albentosa is hoofing it to no where

Grant is flapping at nothing

Bloody chaos 

​Plus the three in front of them have no idea about keeping a defensive shape. That's why the back four are under so much pressure.

If we play Bent and Ince we are down to 8 defenders. That's why we need Dawkins and not someone like Russell or Lingard. It's not that they aren't skillful, it's just we can't accommodate them without letting opponents in.

first goal Warnock lost man shotton did nothing to help

second goal whoever was suppose to be marking Hudson free header

third goal grant shocking error not his first lately needs a kick up the backside

fourth goal Warnock fell over hughes didn't clear the ball properly

I would give Barker a go and not through sentiment he is an organiser a leader a calming influence been training and playing regular for a good while now its time to see if he can offer anything bring back forsyth as well offers more than warnock

Grant has been a liability for a few goals recently - strange that he seems to have a huge problem punching the ball clear - is that 3 goals now he has conceded by just missing it

Very basic skill - has he got the goalkeeping yips??  Maybe time to try plan B

the second and third goals are nothing to do with the midfield.

just total incompetence.

Grants errors are almost impossible to comprehend. He seems to be away with the fairies.

First Huddersfield goal is awful defending by Keogh and Shotton and poor covering by Warnock. 

Second Huddersfield goal is awful defending by Hendrick. 

Third goal is laughable by Grant. 

Fourth goal is Shotton's pass, Warnock falling on his face, Hughes not clearing his lines properly and Keogh not defending the back line properly.

however it was all most certainly Christie's fault for even daring to be allowed to be put on the pitch.  

First goal has nothing to do with keogh, thats just blaming him for the sake of it.

its a ball over his head, and looks like handball to me.

fourth goal you manage to blame keogh again!

First goal has nothing to do with keogh, thats just blaming him for the sake of it.

its a ball over his head, and looks like handball to me.

fourth goal you manage to blame keogh again!

First goal the player runs inbetween Keogh and Shotton. 

You can call me old fashioned but Id expect a centre back to take ownership of that situation and clear the ball. In that case both CBs and Warnock's positioning is clearly off as he gets the ball inbetween them and slots in. 

The fourth, Keogh at that moment in time is tasked with ensuring the ball doesn't hit that part of the net. It does. It goes over his head, but if he took a step back and stood his line then it wouldn't.

I am far from against Keogh but that's my feelings on what happened. 

First goal the player runs inbetween Keogh and Shotton. 

You can call me old fashioned but Id expect a centre back to take ownership of that situation and clear the ball. In that case both CBs and Warnock's positioning is clearly off as he gets the ball inbetween them and slots in. 

The fourth, Keogh at that moment in time is tasked with ensuring the ball doesn't hit that part of the net. It does. It goes over his head, but if he took a step back and stood his line then it wouldn't.

I am far from against Keogh but that's my feelings on what happened. 

​Without a shadow of a doubt, the first goal was most definitely contributed to by Christie faffing about on the touchline, trying to beat his man in a position where discretion was called for. A bit like the Tom Ince mistake a couple of months ago which he was utterly crucified on here for, and a bit like Bucko at Bournemouth being robbed on the touchline when he was trying to shepherd the ball out. Again, the anti-Buxton clique had a field day.  To actually state that Warnock was also to blame by 'not covering' when there were other attacking threats outside Derby's six yard box really does smack of you just blaming everyone in order to make a point.

You seem to be as pro-Cyrus Christie as ValleyRam is pro-Craig Bryson, but it's not wrong to support your brother.

​Without a shadow of a doubt, the first goal was most definitely contributed to by Christie faffing about on the touchline, trying to beat his man in a position where discretion was called for. A bit like the Tom Ince mistake a couple of months ago which he was utterly crucified on here for, and a bit like Bucko at Bournemouth being robbed on the touchline when he was trying to shepherd the ball out. Again, the anti-Buxton clique had a field day.  To actually state that Warnock was also to blame by 'not covering' when there were other attacking threats outside Derby's six yard box really does smack of you just blaming everyone in order to make a point.

You seem to be as pro-Cyrus Christie as ValleyRam is pro-Craig Bryson, but it's not wrong to support your brother.

I think Christie is a good player who is severely lacking confidence and it frustrates me to see people but blame on him for little to nothing.

I can't do anything about it but for me if a striker is picking the ball out inbetween your two centre backs then it's not the guy who lost the ball to the crosser's fault. 

Not that it matters too much anyway. The fans have made their own bed; half the team are lacking confidence, form and any kind of motivation.

Bryson hushing the crowd, Thorne getting abused on Twitter for being injured and Keogh's Mrs being driven off Twitter due to people calling her every name under the son because of her husband's shortcomings, is what will be remembered this season.

Not to mention the scenes that happened after the Forest loss.

As I said in another posts, the fans have been poisonous this season and if I was a fan of another club then I'd want us to fail. 

Fans that boo their team off while they're fifth in the league deserve nothing, in my opinion. 

I think Christie is a good player who is severely lacking confidence and it frustrates me to see people but blame on him for little to nothing.

I can't do anything about it but for me if a striker is picking the ball out inbetween your two centre backs then it's not the guy who lost the ball to the crosser's fault. 

Not that it matters too much anyway. The fans have made their own bed; half the team are lacking confidence, form and any kind of motivation.

Bryson hushing the crowd, Thorne getting abused on Twitter for being injured and Keogh's Mrs being driven off Twitter due to people calling her every name under the son because of her husband's shortcomings, is what will be remembered this season.

Not to mention the scenes that happened after the Forest loss.

As I said in another posts, the fans have been poisonous this season and if I was a fan of another club then I'd want us to fail. 

Fans that boo their team off while they're fifth in the league deserve nothing, in my opinion. 

Please don't class all Derby fans like that. 

It was a minority booing. 

Please don't class all Derby fans like that. 

It only takes the minority. I'd say more than 30% were happy to boo the team off yesterday and the rest were happy to let it happen. 

Derby, Leeds, Forest and Wednesday - the fans are all the same! can you imagine Brentford fans booing their team off? No chance, yet they're below us in the league. 

Archived