Any idea who is going to play the defensive midfield role for the rest of the season

Sexydadbod

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hanson appeared to do a decent enough job as a stopper...certainly not shy of it.

The manager sadly seems incapable of reshaping the side ... so it will have to be someone!!!!!

If my knees could hold out any longer than 20 minutes these days ... I'd get on the phone to him.

Hanson appeared to do a decent enough job as a stopper...certainly not shy of it.

The manager sadly seems incapable of reshaping the side ... so it will have to be someone!!!!!

If my knees could hold out any longer than 20 minutes these days ... I'd get on the phone to him.

Oh for goodness sake. Of course i did. And may I say ... what terrific results we ended up with.

We have consistently proved ourselves incapable of adapting...that is why we are where we are. Whatever happened against Wolves and/or Watford was TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE.

it'll most likely be Hughes as he's the only one with the football brain to do it, even though it's not his natural game.

Hanson was a stop gap in a panic, although he didn't harm his chances, I think the Wolves formation more likely than Hanson coming back in though. TBF, I think 4-2-3-1 with Martin up top will see us though the rest of the season OK - Hughes and Hendrick behind a take your pick attacking three, (Ince-Lingard-Russell? Ward and Dawkins to make appearances too) and Bent as and when needed.

A win is a must - any kind of win because we've all forgotten what that feels like.

i am worried for george.

we'll hopefully find out soon what the problem is.

i won't be at all surprised if we eventually learn that he now needs further surgery. 

I think he may have damaged or torn the repaired ligament because he came back too soon.

i posted at the time that his reaction to a hard 50:50 v charlton seemed to indicate that he was worried there was a problem.

he was subbed virtually immediately and the initial message was that he was fine.

But he then missed the next 5 weeks and 7 matches.

he came off after 29 minutes today, and clearly there is a problem.

I've said it before but I think we've totally mismanaged Thorne's recovery. Cooler heads should have prevailed and we should have given him the whole season to recover, especially given his previous injury history.

I acknowledge the lad was itching to get back and we had the same itch, which would have only intensified given the loss of Eustace and more recently, Mascarell. 

But where the player is concerned, our short-term gain should have come a distant second to preserving his long-term future in the game and it's questionable as to whether that's the case.

We've seen it before with Barker - the club is not above playing players who are not fully fit and have to play through the pain and that for me is something that I just don't agree with.

We should have just signed a player on loan and Thorne should have been wrapped up in cotton wool and told to focus on getting himself in the best shape he's ever been in for pre-season.

We'll go with Hughes-Hendrick-Bryson and further forward, Ince-Bent or Martin-Russell.

I've said it before but I think we've totally mismanaged Thorne's recovery. Cooler heads should have prevailed and we should have given him the whole season to recover, especially given his previous injury history.

I acknowledge the lad was itching to get back and we had the same itch, which would have only intensified given the loss of Eustace and more recently, Mascarell. 

But where the player is concerned, our short-term gain should have come a distant second to preserving his long-term future in the game and it's questionable as to whether that's the case.

We've seen it before with Barker - the club is not above playing players who are not fully fit and have to play through the pain and that for me is something that I just don't agree with.

We should have just signed a player on loan and Thorne should have been wrapped up in cotton wool and told to focus on getting himself in the best shape he's ever been in for pre-season.

We'll go with Hughes-Hendrick-Bryson and further forward, Ince-Bent or Martin-Russell.

Archived