Pedigree of Defensive Players?

leemark

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​So, out of four posisitions you think we need two of them replacing...... and i would argue that Albentosa isn't good enough either, so that is 3 of them that need to go....and many on here would say that Christie isn't good enough either...... so...any wonder why we are struggling..?

​So, out of four posisitions you think we need two of them replacing...... and i would argue that Albentosa isn't good enough either, so that is 3 of them that need to go....and many on here would say that Christie isn't good enough either...... so...any wonder why we are struggling..?

They’re right though. The reason we didn’t go up last season was down to too many defensive errors (and not just Keogh’s at Wembley) – we simply haven’t improved things, and I think that has been Mac’s biggest mistake.

Even under Clough we could out-football most teams if they let us, we were just sloppy at the back. Mac inherited that and has really turned up the throttle in so many areas, it just baffles me how we haven’t solidified the back four.

People can point to the run of clean sheets we had, but I remember discussing this with Troy – it wasn’t that we suddenly got good at defending, we just happened to get  away with our errors. The errors were still there.

I think it’s got worse because teams have realised the way to beat us is to press us high up the pitch, and we panic.

​It's a big call to drop your captain - my guess is that they've been waiting for him to get sent off or injured, so they can try life without him.

However, the fact that Keogh has been neither sent off nor injured tells its own story..

Archived