Kwame Thomas should have started

Curtains

​Darryl Powell would walk into this team, he'd show abit of leadership aswel. he wasnt crap at all, he just did the ugly work so that Ciccio and Eranio could pull the strings. he's exactly what this team are missing in midfield at the minute.  but it is a fine example of how ***** the Derby fans can be, that they even used to pull out players back at the end of the 90's, when we were actually really good, pushing for europe, best we've been in 30 odd years. lets go to PP and shout at Darryl Powell for 90 minutes for not being a flair player, even though with out him our flair players would have to spend more time playing with less flair.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really not understanding the calls for Warnock at DM.

Hanson looked the coolest cucumber against Middlesbrough. We have more first hand evidence that he can do a job there than we do Warnock. The only thing that he brings to the table is experience - which he didn't show too much of in the game against Reading. Probably not a sending off, but if you're already booked, why go in for that challenge? There was no need. Yes, it's his only start, but it doesn't breed much confidence in a player who's accrued in excess of 400 appearances, when he loses his head after only 40mins. If he doesn't have the discipline to play at full back, does he have the discipline to hold the midfield together? Again, yes, his only start, but you can't help but question it.

We could do with the leadership, no one out there takes the game by the scruff of the neck like Eustace. Keogh certainly doesn't. I like the guy, but he's not the best captain.

Hanson the same as Warnock would both be playing out of position at DM, Warnock however has played quite a few games at DM for various clubs.

Forget Warnock's debut, it's one game, all players have nightmare games. When you look at the injury crisis now him "costing us the FA Cup" did us a favour, last thing we needed was more games in a tinpot cup.

When I saw Hanson's name down to play Norwich I was disappointed as I was against Boro.

It was only the other week we had a conversation about the lack of leadership in the team with Keogh as captain in your words, even suggesting Thorne was more of a leader and should be captain! 

Now a team lacking a leader, going into 2 important games you would start an untried youngster over a player that has been captain and played at the top level and in that position?

Sorry, that does not make any sense to me.

I'm all for promoting players from the youth team but there's a time and a place, the last 2 games wasn't it and whilst he didn't play badly, I still would have liked to have seen an experienced head in there, I'm sure the defence behind him would have agreed.

Who knows, may not have made a slight bit of difference, all ifs buts and maybes now. I'd like to see Warnock in there on Friday and will be disappointed if he's not.

This Hanson thing is now becoming ridiculous. 

Cool as cucumber I'm hearing .

Really I mean really. 

Im all for sentiment and  ROY OF THE ROVERS but come on promotions on the line .

Hanson gives 100 percent but cool as a cucumber is stretching it   

We had 3 against 2 in the middle of the park against Boro and they ran the midfield area tha same as Norwich did. 

​Darryl Powell would walk into this team, he'd show abit of leadership aswel. he wasnt crap at all, he just did the ugly work so that Ciccio and Eranio could pull the strings. he's exactly what this team are missing in midfield at the minute.  but it is a fine example of how ***** the Derby fans can be, that they even used to pull out players back at the end of the 90's, when we were actually really good, pushing for europe, best we've been in 30 odd years. lets go to PP and shout at Darryl Powell for 90 minutes for not being a flair player, even though with out him our flair players would have to spend more time playing with less flair.

Really I mean really. 

Im all for sentiment and  ROY OF THE ROVERS but come on promotions on the line .

We had 3 against 2 in the middle of the park against Boro and they ran the midfield area tha same as Norwich did. 

​I am right about 20 goals.....

exactly, now is definitley not the time to take a gamble on a young player, as you say, we need the experienced members of the squad to step up and not let this drift away.... by playing the ball on the floor and giving Russell the right sort of service. (he is really left footed by the way)

We don't need anyone to be a "nuisance", that is just really rubbish football, we need quality players playing quality football, that is how we will win games.... Darryl Powell was a nuisance.....and crap.

Boro ran the midfield area? Would have to disagree on that.you don't get considerably better possession stats if your midfield is being ran by the opposition. The difference was, their full back didn't make a silly mistake, and their prolific striker got his chance.

Did you miss the one that came back off the post that was heart in mouth stuff after Grant took emergency action when they broke on our midfield 

Anyhow it's all opinions at the end of the day 

Up the Rams and on that note we will see how it goes against Wolves 

Would definitely start Hanson, thought he did well in midweek, played the role pretty much as I'd have expected Eustace to do so. Would be inclined to throw Thomas in, remember Matt Carbon coming in and playing a blinder out of the blue when he beat Crystal Palace to go up under Jim Smith. Don't think Russell works in that position, not enough control with his back to goal and a lot of moves break down, would rather him be back out on the wing terrorising full backs.

I know he played up front in Scotland but would rate their Premiership about the level of League One at best given some of the squads of the also ran teams (e.g. Mark O'Brien and Callum Ball way out of the picture at Derby and have played a fair few games for Motherwell and St Mirren).

Really I mean really. 

​Good job supporting our players......!!! Get a grip on yourself son and give me a call when you have to have 4 use 4 days of your work holidays, get 2 flights, 6 trains, a hotel for 2 nights and spend several 100's doing this just to see them not bother to turn up at all at Fulham.....then come home....and do it all again the following week at Norwich.....with the added advantage of even allowed to pay 40 pound for a ticket.....

We DON'T need a nusiance type player......we need GOOD players, really GOOD players and this time of the season it is not worth gambling on a completely unproven player, did you look at the table and the fixtures left......? we have 8 games...and have to win at least 6 of them...at least..

there is no one who would love it if more than me if Thomas proves to be the next Wayne Rooney/Lionoel Messi etc and he stops at Derby all his career and bangs 50 goals a season on our way to European glory.....but throwing him in at Wolves away tomorrow night because he MIGHT be a nuiscance......is completely crazy and stepping back about 3 years on our development and general feel around the place.

​I lived in Edinburgh for 4 years with a ST. 10 hour round trip to every home game and the trains cost an absolute bomb so quit your moaning. Most people make sacrifices to support the club, stop thinking you're a better fan just because you have to catch a plane to get here.

I'm not saying anything to do with that, and in fact, I agree with you. We don't need a nuisance type player, we're well past that stage. I took issue with your glee-coated statement that you're right about Thomas never making it. What sort of a thing is that to say about one of our young players? 

​Darryl Powell was an awful awful footballer who was dragged through his career at Derby because he was surrounded by really good players.....if he was in this team now he would be even more embarrasing than he was when he played for us.

Archived