Massive point given injuries and current form.

ChaddesdenRam

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How on Earth are we still in contention of the autos right now? I mean how? 

I don't mean we look awful, far from it. I just don't know how the players have been able to still be so high on the table given the injuries we've had. I mean seriously, we have two crucial positions in the formation, Martin's and Thorne's. Losing Thorne before the season even kicked off was enough to derail a season, but we've since seen Eustace out with injury, along with Mascarell now, with Thorne still recovering and picking up secondary injuries at this point. We've actually gotten to the point of playing a 19 year old in arguably one of the biggest games this season. 

Martin was another that our system can't cope without at this point, and not only did we lose him, but the player brought in to cover for this exact situation. 

With all that you also have to look at results like the Birmingham one and remember that we've lost the "guts" from our team, the likes of Eustace and Buxton. There comes a point where you just can't prepare for that kind of situation. 

We could have taken more injuries and been better off, just not this many injuries to such important positions. 

Unbelievably happy with this result. To be honest I saw nothing other than a loss, we definitely go home the happier fans. Looking forward to watching the highlights, didnt watch or listen to the game to do my nerves a favour. Looking at the BBC stats it looks like we are lucky to get the point - Nice to see some luck going our way again :)

COYR

Having watched the game we didnt deserve anything. No meaning full shots on goal except speculative efforts from 30 yards by ince. Grant 2 great saves, some glaring misses from jerome aswell.

But i always said i hope we get something without deserving it.... because  today whilst we didnt deserve anything, we did deserve 6 points against brighton and birmingham and only got 1.

Another point, I hope Mascerells injury means hes out for a while.

I dont wish injury on anyone... but having seen hanson today, id rather him in ahead of mascerell whilst Eustace and Thorne are out. He didnt charge around, held his position well, and was physical in the air and in the challenge. Basically all the things you want.... and all the things Mascerell fails on.

Archived