Cracking quiz question

admira

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first 2 that come to mind are Kevin Phillips and James Beattie. Thinking 1 season wonders, Andy Johnson? Stan Colleymore always moans he didn't get picked more for England enough and doesn't say he scored x amount of goals, so I will guess him. I can't remember Chris Sutton having much of an England career. I have gone back players who have had decent seasons, Michael Ricketts, Kevin Davies, Agbonglahor, Vassell but I don't think they scored over 20 and I am pretty sure Vassell scored? I am pretty much stumped, unless it is has a twist and it us someone who is English but played for another nation like Giggs or Bale :lol:

OKay, I've got a few meetings, I'll check back for answers later, but this is the morning poser,

SIX English players have scored 20+ goals in a PREMIER league season, but never scored in a FULL International (for England)... Name them.

Matt le tissier

The first 2 that come to mind are Kevin Phillips and James Beattie. Thinking 1 season wonders, Andy Johnson? Stan Collymore always moans he didn't get picked more for England enough and doesn't say he scored x amount of goals, so I will guess him. I can't remember Chris Sutton having much of an England career. I have gone back players who have had decent seasons, Michael Ricketts, Kevin Davies, Agbonglahor, Vassell but I don't think they scored over 20 and I am pretty sure Vassell scored? I am pretty much stumped, unless it is has a twist and it us someone who is English but played for another nation like Giggs or Bale :lol:

Hmmm, very suspicious!

5 out of 6 from just thinking out loud!

Le Tissier (le tiger tedd) is the 6th

Hmmm, very suspicious!

5 out of 6 from just thinking out loud!

Le Tissier (le tiger tedd) is the 6th

I was confident from my 1st 2, Johnson had that great season at Palace then Sven played him RW, I explained Colleymore, I don't remember Sutton even being called up for England despite his season with Blackburn.

Mainly going off the 20 goals a season and trying to eliminate as many as possible of either scoring for England or not getting 20, the only other 2 I had considered was Michael Bridges and Les Ferdinand. 

Lampard, Walters, Shearer - think I seem to remember Wayne Bridge getting there? Not sure though. Don't know the other two, probably centre backs. Terry and Ferdinand? Shot in the dark.

Hmmm, some suspect guesswork going on... lol

The first 3 weren't guesses, I like to bury myself in stats like these, one of those people at social events. Bridge I seem to remember a news story about it. I'm assuming I'm wrong about Terry and Ferdinand? 

I might look it up, you've piqued my curiosity, but I won't post the names on here for obvious reasons.

The first 3 weren't guesses, I like to bury myself in stats like these, one of those people at social events. Bridge I seem to remember a news story about it. I'm assuming I'm wrong about Terry and Ferdinand? 

I might look it up, you've piqued my curiosity, but I won't post the names on here for obvious reasons.

Lescott? I'm sure an Everton player has done it.

you have 5/6

Archived