Norwich City v Derby County

-JW-

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I've just had a quick gander through this thread and have come to the conclusion that all the moaning bar stewards that p!ss me off at the game with their constant whining are on here and are just as miserable online as they are in the flesh.

Just seen the Ruddy gaffe again oh dear....don't buy McClarens reasoning that we were unlucky last week so it balances up today, there was nothing unlucky about us not being able to see a game out there was something very lucky about Ruddy inexplicably dropping the ball into his own net. Doesn't bode well for the next crunch games.

just finished watching the football league show highlights, what are they playing at? awful coverage, according to them we start off with a bang and jamie ward putting it through the legs of their defenders!

and why on earth did they not show a different angle for jerome's goal? after watching it, i still think he is a step ahead of everyone else despite the commentary saying clearly onside and "he's just too fast"

and why no coverage of the blatent high kick to russells face!!? that would have been a game changing decision as that defender was already on a yellow card and johnny would have been clean through! you could say norwich got lucky in the end.

on a less ranting note, was happy to see hanson out there i think he already looks far better than omar and a much better option till thorne is fit.

Having just watched the highlights I reckon Boycie would've been bouncing the servers again had Jerome's late chance gone in.  Curtains alone would've a had a f00kin field day!!!  Three defenders switching off like that was pretty shocking, fortunately we got away with it and if you'd have offered me a point before kick off I'd have snatched your hand off...

just finished watching the football league show highlights, what are they playing at? awful coverage, according to them we start off with a bang and jamie ward putting it through the legs of their defenders!

and why on earth did they not show a different angle for jerome's goal? after watching it, i still think he is a step ahead of everyone else despite the commentary saying clearly onside and "he's just too fast"

and why no coverage of the blatent high kick to russells face!!? that would have been a game changing decision as that defender was already on a yellow card and johnny would have been clean through! you could say norwich got lucky in the end.

on a less ranting note, was happy to see hanson out there i think he already looks far better than omar and a much better option till thorne is fit.

I've not seen much of Norwich but judging from how highly rated they are by Derby fans I'm assuming they're usually awesome? How come they're never above us? 

I'm ok with a point considering our injuries but I still expected more from the game. 

I'm not being a **** either now. I genuinely don't understand how everyone has so high expectations one minute and then go all weak at the knees when it comes to Norwich. Certainly the two times we've played them they haven't looked any better than what we're capable of. 

What's the fuss about them? Bournemouth look better. 

The point is Alpha we have to get through the next few difficult games before the international break then go again. 

I don't care who's better between the Cherries and Canaries .We got away with it yesterday by the skin of our teeth .

Well that's it we move on to Boro on Tuesday which will be tough again. 

Grant 9 - Made 2 great saves, punched and caught crosses, could do nothing with the goal

Shotton 5 - Going backwards. Poor defensively, everything came down that flank.

Forsyth 7 - Steady eddie as usual

Keogh 7 - Some Keystone Cops moments with hsi arm flapping but made his tackles and blocks

Albentosa 6 - Decent in the air, but switched off at vital moments

Hanson 7 - Good free kicks and corners, kept passes simple, but poor to average \when they had the ball.

Hughes 6 - Some nice touches but didn't impose himself on the game

Hendrick 5 - Mr Invisible, did some half decent defensive work

Ward 6 - Was our only early danger, found good positions but the passes didn't reach him, defended well

Russell 7 - Was poor early on and couldn't hold the ball, grew into the game as it got stretched, ran his socks off

Ince 6 - Norwich doubled up on him, did his defensive work well

Very good point yesterday with a weakened side out, 

seen the Hughes comments, Mcclaren has to protect him, he's our best player he's 1 or 2 cards away from a 2 game ban and he gets kicked around.

Archived