Norwich City v Derby County

-JW-

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair to hughes it wasn't the type of game he could take control of today. The ball was up in the air half the time and going from one end to the other with no real cohesion to it, from either side. However i genuinely looked at hendrick and thought he does not look the slightest bit interested, what has happened to the player that used to impose himself on games and drive the ball forwards? For me i'd start bryson in his position on tuesday.

I'm not sure whether its a lack of confidence or whether he can only play well if the team is playing well, but at the moment something just doesn't seem quite right with hendrick. He is obviously a good midfielder but he just needs to get back to what hes good at, which is gettting hold of the ball and imposing himself on the game. He seems a little shy to me atm.

It was our worst performance, by some distance, of the season. The football was truly horrific and the fact we got a point out of it is laughable. It's harsh, but it's the truth. 58% completion today, 3 shots all game.. It's awful. Truly, truly awful. 

The result, however, was great! 

Grant was poor throughout but made two good saves. 

Shotton put in, for me, the worst individual performance of the season. Keogh and Albertosa was equally as panicked and terrible in possession. Forsyth, too. 

Hanson, without being harsh, was poor in the defensive midfield role. He was completely overrun and gave the ball away far too much. It was his debut and he was asked to perform to out of position. If he plays, though, it's almost like conceding possession before the game has kicked off. Good effort, but leave him out until next season. 

Hughes had nothing to feed off and Hendrick took up his position in his hole.

Ince, Russell and Ward all worked like dogs. Quality was lacking though.

What I'm trying to say... It was god awful and I came away bemused with how we got a point. Anyone trying to make excuses for that is completely lost in the scoreline.

So what? It's an opinion? Are we not allowed to post our opinions on this forum? I don't care if you agree with me or not or anyone else for that matter, they are my views and I will bloody well post them. Its Great Britain not bloody North Korea, get a grip!

Hughes has a niggling thigh muscle injury but is playing through it hence the reason he is not finishing games or starting the odd one simmo mentioned this before the Brighton game.He is another who will benefit from the international break.

I would agree that Hughes is a different class to Hendrick who appears to be the managers favourite in  midfield. Both still have someway to go to be compared to the best midfielders we have had but with Hughes the potential is there.

Archived