Norwich City v Derby County

-JW-

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a brave, refreshing decision by McClaren - one of those that could be a disaster or it could be a masterstroke but I think it's great to see him show faith in our younger players. At this stage of the season, he can't win with such a decision. He's damned if he does, he's damned if he doesn't. If we win 1-0 and Hanson is impressive, people will say 'If Bryson had played, it would have been 2-0.'

We all know that Bryson and Hendrick aren't comfortable in that deeper position and with this selection, McClaren must have acknowledged it too.

I actually thought Hanson was a defender by trade, but if McClaren feels he has the right qualities to slot into the role and deal with a game of this magnitude, let's give him a chance.

In the circumstances - no Eustace, no Mascarell, no Thorne and no emergency loans available at a day's notice - we have to use the squad we have and McClaren may be taking a risk, but it's a calculated risk.

I'm really excited to see what Hanson can do. No pressure on him pulling out a sublime performance from me; just the hope that he settles down quickly and shows us what he's capable of.

I really hope fans don't get on his back if he makes a couple of mistakes. This is a player for the future and having the fans behind him on his league debut will surely give him a huge boost, conversely, if they start to get on his back, he will only get more nervous.

Come on Jamie, go out, play with no fear and have a blinder!

I love this forum,but the number of wrist-slashers,constant pessimists,etc is quite tiresome.

If Mac thinks Hanson is ready,then I trust him in that regard.

Yes normal to be apprehensive somewhat for a youngster to play in this,but he is one of more promising prospects.I have faith he will perform well.

I swear I don't see how some of you lot get through your day without banging your head against the wall.

I love this forum,but the number of wrist-slashers,constant pessimists,etc is quite tiresome.

Yes normal to be apprehensive somewhat for a youngster to play in this,but he is one of more promising prospects.I have faith he will perform well.

I swear I don't see how some of you lot get through your day without banging your head against the wall.

Archived