So we dont get promoted, then what??

Lets be frank our recent form let alone results is v poor. Unless we get George and CM fit for the run in and the defence do what they are paid to do we'll make play offs at best. So lets look forward and take worst case scenario that we dont go up, then what???

I expect Macca to leave

Hughesy probably for £10M

Not sign Bent or Ince

That would be the extent of the change.

So we get a new manager, money in the bank and an opportunity to build a solid back four in august rather than hope for the best in march.

So the big question is would it really be the end of the world if we should come up short? Personally i'm more of the mindset that it may be no bad thing.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mac will leave

Hughes will leave

Hendrick will leave

We'll have two massive holes in midfield and a need to rebuild the back four, as that would be the main reason we've not gone up. But wise reinvestment of Hughes money could make us a better team overall.

We'd probably be competing for play-offs/autos again.

Would it be the end of the world? No.

Is not going up no bad thing? Hell no!

We won't get a better coach than McClaren, and if he leaves expect a dip in our (overall) quality and performance. Probably be chasing "top 6" rather than "top 2".

Not that being one of many top 6 contenders should be sniffed at, mind. I always have to remind myself where we were. But also importantly, who got us to where we are.

..then we miss out on a massive payday, the financial gap between us and the Premier League increases, we risk becoming next season's Brighton/Wigan and lose sight of being promoted again leading to another 6-10 years of stagnation.

Intentionally a bit dramatic, but there is just so much riding on this season IMO, I'm not sure failure is an option

Lets be frank our recent form let alone results is v poor. Unless we get George and CM fit for the run in and the defence do what they are paid to do we'll make play offs at best. So lets look forward and take worst case scenario that we dont go up, then what???

I expect Macca to leave

Hughesy probably for £10M

Not sign Bent or Ince

That would be the extent of the change.

So we get a new manager, money in the bank and an opportunity to build a solid back four in august rather than hope for the best in march.

So the big question is would it really be the end of the world if we should come up short? Personally i'm more of the mindset that it may be no bad thing.

Archived