Forum functionality requests

Carl Sagan

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to be able to skip to the first and last pages, as in the good old version, I'd like not to be logged out if I spend more than twenty seven seconds away from the forum, and I'd like to be able to load a page at the first attempt. 

Unreasonable?  Not really, it used to work, and now it doesn't. Still. 

I'd like to be able to skip to the first and last pages, as in the good old version,

The button next to Next takes you to the last page. On mobile this is coming soon.

I'd like not to be logged out if I spend more than twenty seven seconds away from the forum,

Clear your cookies and this will fix any logged in issues

and I'd like to be able to load a page at the first attempt. 

Hit refresh button, we are having issues with bugs that the software developers are working on.

Unreasonable?  Not really, it used to work, and now it doesn't. Still. 

​Not unreasonable, we are aware of the bugs and waiting for the software developers to fix them. Still.

Hey Daveo. Just a slight bug and additional request concerning the hamburger menu on mobile:

BUG: Sometimes on my mobile (iPhone 5s iOS 8.2 ,Safari) I can't seem to open the hamburger menu to see notifications etc. It's been happening since the new build, but I can't seem to find any behavioural patterns behind why or when it happens. Before you ask, it's not my greasy little fingers missing the icon.

REQUEST: On the occasions I do get the menu open, the hamburger icon disappears, and there is no (easy) way to close down the menu. I can sometimes close it by clicking on the content behind the menu, or choose one of the menu options, but that takes me somewhere else. Be good if the icon remains and you could close the menu with it.

As always, cheers for all your hard work.

Hey Daveo. Just a slight bug and additional request concerning the hamburger menu on mobile:

BUG: Sometimes on my mobile (iPhone 5s iOS 8.2 ,Safari) I can't seem to open the hamburger menu to see notifications etc. It's been happening since the new build, but I can't seem to find any behavioural patterns behind why or when it happens. Before you ask, it's not my greasy little fingers missing the icon.

REQUEST: On the occasions I do get the menu open, the hamburger icon disappears, and there is no (easy) way to close down the menu. I can sometimes close it by clicking on the content behind the menu, or choose one of the menu options, but that takes me somewhere else. Be good if the icon remains and you could close the menu with it.

As always, cheers for all your hard work.

​Try reloading the page see if that works, should have a new update soon

I've honestly not experienced a single problem that other people have mentioned.

Firefox on the PC, Chrome on the phone.

​That's what's frustrating, same as the Android login issue we had. It's hard for the developers to fix when they can't replicate it by following the same steps.

can we have a banned list please?

Daveo had just 'fessed to banning someone, quite rightly so if said poster has broked up the rules.

Just be interested to see how many actual posters are banned, not just WUM ones who pop up for an hour!

Daveo had just 'fessed to banning someone, quite rightly so if said poster has broked up the rules.

Just be interested to see how many actual posters are banned, not just WUM ones who pop up for an hour!

Did I? thought I was just talking about the feeling, have you just had a bath and fluffed up your pillows? :P 

​how many would you consider as bonafide posters who have just overstepped the mark?

​Not many at all, a lot are wums and duplicate accounts trying to get back in plus a shed load of spammers.

I ran a search of banned users with over 100 posts, we have 2 pages and in that I can see quite a few duplicate accounts which slipped through.

Over 1000 posts 10 users, one of which we let back on and using a different username now and another was at his own request.

In 6 years 8 over 1000 posts isn't bad going at all, try not to ban and the most common reason amongst those was calling other members tw*** or whatever, when you think 1 warning lasts 3 months and expires, pick up 2 and you're out of here, if you can't go that long then kinda have issues. Rare occasions no warnings are given, straight ban, say calling an admin a div time and time again then a tw*t in a email to him isn't going to get you many favours, not when he's working his ****off on the forum but yeah.

​Not many at all, a lot are wums and duplicate accounts trying to get back in plus a shed load of spammers.

I ran a search of banned users with over 100 posts, we have 2 pages and in that I can see quite a few duplicate accounts which slipped through.

Over 1000 posts 10 users, one of which we let back on and using a different username now and another was at his own request.

In 6 years 8 over 1000 posts isn't bad going at all, try not to ban and the most common reason amongst those was calling other members tw*** or whatever, when you think 1 warning lasts 3 months and expires, pick up 2 and you're out of here, if you can't go that long then kinda have issues. Rare occasions no warnings are given, straight ban, say calling an admin a div time and time again then a tw*t in a email to him isn't going to get you many favours, not when he's working his ****off on the forum but yeah.

Archived