Cyrus Christie

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just wrote the same thread, now deleted. 

As I said, though, I would be disappointed to see him leave. He's got a lot of ability and lot of potential. The only slight you can really throw at him is that he lacks experience.

Good player, one that I wouldn't want to lose. 

4 Assists in his first 8 games and then hasn't really found that sort of form again going forward. 

He has so much potential so i can see why West Ham would be interested.

He is a confidence player though that matches the team form - When we play well he seems to be good and then when the team play badly so does he.

replaceable. depends how much we need the money, he's got potential but he's hardly solid, and he hasnt played really well for 3 months or so. i'd have Wisdom back at the drop of a hat. it would need to be a head turning amount to be worth while though, we've got billionaires owning the club.

Has all the attributes and exploded onto the scene in early season. Some of you guys have been away from the Premier League watching Derby live off scraps for way too long, that your valuations are absurdly low, especially in the age of the new TV deal. We do not sell any young player to a Prem Club for less than £5m.

Good player who we expect to attack without much support, but then gets slaughtered if he gets caught up field.

shotton doesn't attract as much abuse if he makes an error.

admittedly christie needs to try to eliminate errors but....

fans need to grow up and start supporting the players a bit more or talents will drift away.

Some of the comments on here border on the hysterical. £10m for Christie? I think we'd be lucky to get a tenth of that which is more in line with his true valuation. Too many Football Manager addicts making juvenile comments.

Our fans are embarrassing on here (I think some of them saying different on twitter) funny that. So called Derby fans. Anyway back on thread decent player and yes he may be on 'bad patch' but he's not the only one though. I'd rather keep him than sell him (I think rumour is false anyway as I asked my West Ham mates and they said they haven't heard anything so there you go)

Christie is a very good footballer, who is still young. It's not surprising that he went through a bad patch, Wisdom did, so it shouldn't be unexpected. 

There is a big difference in quality between Shotton and Christie as footballers. 

Christie will constantly get up the pitch to offer an outlet, which he usually does well because he's a good footballer on the ball. Shotton is a below average footballer; he doesn't have particularly good technique and he often rushes with his distribution with the ball. Shotton doesn't get up the pitch as much and therefore is often caught less on the back foot. 

If a winger was running at either Shotton or Christie, based on what i've seen, I'd say Christie is better in that situation. Christie rarely gets beat in a one on one situation, but he does leave space behind him, so players do get behind him more often. 

Christie will improve no end with experience, learning when to go and when not to go...etc McClaren is a great tutor for him in that respect. The sky is the limit for him, in my opinion. He's got a lot of ability. Shotton can be steady, but he isn't a great footballer so will always be limited.

He's a similar age to Tyrone Mings, who has been touted for £10 million, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility but it's unlikely. 

He's a much tidier footballer than Mings; a lot better on the ball and a offers the team a bit more in general play. Mings is just all action, who is bound to catch the eye, but lacks a footballing brain for me. He makes Forsyth look like Pirlo with regards to his distribution. 

Archived