Norwich away - boycott

Chellaston Ram

This boycott seems to keep downgrading. Don't know what's the point...

Come on lads, can't support a promotion push on an empty stomach. I say we pay £40 to get in, and only buy the ONE pie. And only half a pint. Don't give the greedy sods the satisfaction of a full pint. And make sure you tell the young pimply lad who serves you "Hey mate, just wanted to let you know. I'm not happy with the amount this has cost me", as you scoff a second chicken balti pie. Well you can have two can't you? As long as not everyone does. And make that pint a full one, you'll need Dutch Courage for this brave protest at the full time whistle.

Viva la revolución!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still definitely not going. Bloody strike breakers! Should be Norwich donating the money to Colin Bloomfield not Derby.

Much rather spend £38 going to Wolves AND Wigan. Probably cost less in transport to both of them as than one journey to Norwich as well.

Given the anger when the prices were announced I had genuine hopes of a boycott, instead if now looks like we might sell out (in both meanings of the words). Disappointed.

It's my local game, I even have tickets to a local show and the Travelodge booked on Friday night in anticipation of going to Derby on Saturday. When I saw they were £80 for 2 I felt pretty pissed off.

I haven't seen Derby live since I think Ipswich away last year (8mth out of 13mth out of the country doesn't help). I can't justify £80. I'm moving to near Lincoln soon though, so I'll get chance to see more games in future.

Ive got an idea .

I have acquired a load of forged £20 pound notes I can sell these outside the gound to RAMS FANS FOR £5 EACH .Then our fans pay on the day with the forged notes .I make a few quid out of the deal ,Norwich take the cash to the bank on Monday and get it all back on Tuesday.Result .

See you outside the ticket office at Carrow Road 2.30 pm Sat I`ll be wearing a sheepskin coat .

PS dont tell the LAW

Norwich fan in peace. Just a bit of perspective. We get close to capacity most matches. Most home fans are season tickets workking out at about 20 quid per match. When away numbers are small slack usually  taken up by home casual support. Home casual tickets tommorow also 40 Quid. Ii agree that all football in this country is too expensive, but you will have to pay this and more next season in prem. If you ask me if all clubs should sort this out and reduce prices and pass on some of the massive tv revenue to fans, then i support  your protest. I cant support singling my club out and i think most canaries feel this way. At the end of the day, demand at Carrow rd is high so price go up. I,m a casual fan and going tommorow myself. Hope you Derby fans have a good day before and after match, but dont enjoy the result. Away fans always welcome here. If you going for a pint pre match away pub is Compleat Angler on bridge near station. Have a good journey over, and hopefully we will meet you again in prem next season.

Norwich fan in peace. Just a bit of perspective. We get close to capacity most matches. Most home fans are season tickets workking out at about 20 quid per match. When away numbers are small slack usually  taken up by home casual support. Home casual tickets tommorow also 40 Quid. Ii agree that all football in this country is too expensive, but you will have to pay this and more next season in prem. If you ask me if all clubs should sort this out and reduce prices and pass on some of the massive tv revenue to fans, then i support  your protest. I cant support singling my club out and i think most canaries feel this way. At the end of the day, demand at Carrow rd is high so price go up. I,m a casual fan and going tommorow myself. Hope you Derby fans have a good day before and after match, but dont enjoy the result. Away fans always welcome here. If you going for a pint pre match away pub is Compleat Angler on bridge near station. Have a good journey over, and hopefully we will meet you again in prem next season.

I bloody hope not. As i said, i,d like to see all ticket prices come down with all the tv money there is in the game. But all clubs are guilty of charging too much. Norwich stands out only because it can and still get big crowds. I think, unfortunately most clubs would do the same if they were in the same situation. I think the whole game shoul take  a look at itself. Is English game that much superior to Spain or Germany. Of course not, but they keep price withinreach of ordinary fans and still reach euro finals etc. Just dont single one club out is all i.m saying

I,d fully support any petition for keeping prices down at all clubs, people. For the record, i wanted to go and watch Norwich at Brighton this easter and take my teenage lad and they only charging 32 quid for a ticket, but find cost with travel prohibitive. Such a shame, as used to go away regularly when i was younger. My boys really interested,  but will lose interest if cant afford to go, and i bet its the same for many fans of all clubs including Derby. Think the game generally loses if younger generation of fans at games not coming  through

Totally agree, people often quote German ticket prices as a comparison, however I'm sure I read that the Bundesliga have set rules on prices as a condition of membership, the FSF in this country recently calculated that to introduce the 20s plenty campaign in the top flight would cost less than 5% of the expected increase of clubs revenue from the new TV deal.

The government can't act as it's against FIFA rules, but the PL certainly can, or do they need that 5% so badly to fund the next Altidore, Soldado, Feilhaber etc, who've so enriched the league down the years?

Archived