Defensive midfield

Ovis aries

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just on the way back from the match. Nobody played well today but Mascarell was an absolute disgrace. Kept losing possession, bottling tackles, misplacing passes -  he is an absolute liability and what SM sees in   him  I'll never know. Never want to see him in a Derby shirt again.

Just back, what can be said, bad day at the office, or shall we just say, that Thorne being injured allowed Omar to show us just how bad he can be... he's had good days in derby shirts, but today wasnt the day to have a bad day, that said, it was another day when no-one shone, we've had a few, but missing the chance to go 5 points clear against a team that hasnt won in ages was a bitter pill to swallow, unlike my beer......

Oh well, onwards and upwards, and get well soon Thorne

Masc had a poor game, but why single him out? They were all poor.

Even with Thorne in the side, we would have lost that game with the other 10 players playing as bad as that.

Games aren't won or lost on one player. Was a poor performance all round. In fact, it was the worst I've seen us play this season and I didn't think we could go much lower than the Leeds match.

Roll on Brighton. 

I get the sense that Omar may have 'checked out' a bit. His demise has happened once GT was readied to come back. Ever since then, he has been pretty bad, and when he's bad he's really bad. He knows his days are numbered, and that he's not the first choice anymore. When off, his tackling can be schoolboy & amateurish, his passes speculative, and today he dallied on the ball one time and almost got picked off but the ref called a foul, and his set piece stuff is abysmal too, everything falling short or going into the first defender. Their best attacks came with parker slicing him up, and let's be honest Parker is rubbish. I guess it's Eustace time again. 

Masc had a poor game, but why single him out? They were all poor.

Even with Thorne in the side, we would have lost that game with the other 10 players playing as bad as that.

Games aren't won or lost on one player. Was a poor performance all round. In fact, it was the worst I've seen us play this season and I didn't think we could go much lower than the Leeds match.

Roll on Brighton. 

Tuesday's selection will be interesting. If Chris Hughton watches the videos of Rotherham and Fulham, it's not going to be hard for him to see how to play Mascarell out of the game relatively easily. 

So I guess Steve's options are to stick with what he knows, and take the risk, or try something new in one of the other players, and take the risk. 

Or even think to himself that without GT and JE, I don't have anyone good enough for that position, and change formation, and take the risk.

Risky business.

Glad I'm not the manager.

Archived