Brighton and Hove Albion vs Derby County

Rev

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

I think mascarell will play as we don't have any choice with Thorne and eustace missing. He may be ok if he doesn't come under pressure.

Surely you pick players on form, and Mascarell has been woeful the last two and a bit games he's played, really don't think he will be the answer in another away game where it has been proved time and again he struggles to get things under any kind of control.

Might as well put Bryson in and at least we may create something more at the other end, once he had come on at Rotherham we looked miles better and completely unrecognisable from the earlier shambles that saw us 3-1 down.

If Mascarell is to play, then it has to be Shotton at right back as at least that might shore things up a bit when we come under pressure as is bound to happen at some stage in an away game, Masc and Christie together on our travels leaves us too vulnerable I'd say, thought Mac would have taken that on board really from previous games.

If its Bryson and Hendrick together then it won't be long before we lose again. Hughes should be poty quite easily. 

Don't think we need massive changes. Just our RB to come out his coma. One of our CB's to stop thinking everything can be solved by charging at it. A protective midfielder that doesn't do ballet and our striker to offer half of the target Chris Martin does. 

Not too much to ask really. 

We'll be alright

I think the team will be:

Grant

Shotton Keogh Buxton Forsyth

Mascarell

Hughes         Bryson

Ince      Russell        Lingard

It's not maybe the team that many of us would put out, but Mac doesn't like too many changes at one time, and it's a second away match Tuesday after Saturday, so there's not a lot of time to work on anything too radical.

Christie will be dropped for Shotton, and I think Hendrick has finally been poor enough for long enough to let Bryson in.

JR was a striker when we signed him and he's one of our wing forwards who all think they'd be best down the middle. He also has Mac's confidence.

Mascarell should be dropped, but won't be due to no other option, seeing as it doesn't seem Mac wants to play Warnock in that role (and his loss of sense v Reading won't have helped his cause). I think Mascarell's future is in southern Europe, I just don't think he's managed to adapt to England in the end.

The other permutation I suppose would be Hughes holding with Bryson and Hendrick, but it was sausage when we tried it earlier in the season.

I'd take a "by any means" 3 points out of this one, but, like Fulham, it's not going to be easy.

More needing Martin back than missing Bent out, IMO, but if he's not ready, he's not ready.

Twitter starting eleven:

Rubbish player

Doesnt deserve to wear the shirt   absolute scum bag     ill fly him out the country myself    T****R

Get out of our club

The only good player we have                    Garbage                                                                

Boycott the rest of the season                                            worst team in history  

Bent

#realthoughtsfromrealfans

Grant

Shotton Albentosa Buxton © Forsyth

Hughes

Bryson Hendrick

Ince                                   Russell

Moxey.

Archived