DCFC Fans Update 25th February

Day

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Daveo. This is the first time I have been able to post for 18 hours - I was getting no quote options. I am using an I-pad which has always served me well previously. I am off out now, but will mooch around later, and let you know of other issues, if any, arising. Cheers.

Just had a reply from the support ticket I have open...

Hi

my apologies for the delay, but i've found some issues which i weren't able to fix myself.
I am going to have to escalate this further to our development team to review.

Hi Daveo......just wanted to say I appreciate the work put in and love the forum. Especially since I no longer live in the shire.

With regard to my forum issues...

I have an iPad and couldn't post or see anything other than the last page. I have found a workaround which means I can read old posts and post......but now the quote button has disappeared. Strangely it is disabling the JavaScript. Switching it back on brings back the quote button....and the loading/reading/posting problems!

​Ah!  Now with the new forum it's impossible to see exactly when you posted this but it appears like it was around the time I started having a new issue...

CPU usage - if JavaScript is enabled CPU usage is constantly between 5-10%, even if you are doing nothing but having a dcfcfans page shown on the screen (Firefox 36 / WinXP).

If you minimize FF, switch to a non-dcfcfans tab, or disable JS for dcfcfans, CPU usage is flat 0%.

P.S.  This is CPU usage for the Firefox process only, not for the system as a whole, it's definitely caused by dcfcfans JavaScript.

Homepage or in a topic? The forum uses Ajax which stops page reloads and shows replies if you're on the page, (I think) uses JavaScript to run so I'd expect some CPU usage, not that much tho. Don't have access to my Mac today but I have forwarded all this on to the developers

Homepage or in a topic? The forum uses Ajax which stops page reloads and shows replies if you're on the page, (I think) uses JavaScript to run so I'd expect some CPU usage, not that much tho. Don't have access to my Mac today but I have forwarded all this on to the developers

Archived