Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

16 minutes ago, David said:

The script is clearly fake, talks about Tommy Fury having an eye injury, can’t open it, not sure how you can script that kind of thing.

Saying that, it’s also clearly a circus and wouldn’t be surprised if he’s been paid to take a fall.

This is the guy who put boxing aside to go on Love Island, should be nowhere near sports channels. Embarrassing it’s gaining more attention than legitimate boxers that have worked their arses off fighting in front of small crowds for peanuts.

And to add Tommy should already have an L to his name. Or certainly a draw. 

"A proper boxer". The cheek of it! 

11 minutes ago, David said:

The script is clearly fake, talks about Tommy Fury having an eye injury, can’t open it, not sure how you can script that kind of thing.

Saying that, it’s also clearly a circus and wouldn’t be surprised if he’s been paid to take a fall.

This is the guy who put boxing aside to go on Love Island, should be nowhere near sports channels. Embarrassing it’s gaining more attention than legitimate boxers that have worked their arses off fighting in front of small crowds for peanuts.

Yeah, of course it's a prank, but it's a funny one. All that was missing was a clause for the winner to take on Clubber Lang in their next fight. 

As for the rest, yep, think most folk outside the Logan's pubescent fanbase would agree. Case in point being the Badou Jack vs Ilunga Makabu bout for the WBC cruiserweight title being on the 'undercard'. Wonder how much they are getting compared to the not-boxer and the pretty lad? 

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I did! Was like an excitable kid thinking the pair of numpties had been caught out 

Did you see Mayweather last night? 

No? 

Don't think anybody did ?

Me too. Pure clickbait, but it did make me chuckle. 

Didn't see the Moneybags fight, simply because I didn't even know he was fighting. I'm giving myself a gold star for that at least! ?

1 hour ago, David said:

Can you blame him? If he hadn’t gone on Love Island he wouldn’t be earning millions tonight.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

35 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Badou Jack masterclass right there. Actually had me feeling sorry for Makabu. Jack is such a good fighter to watch, great feet, fast hands, lands shots from all sorts of angles and can dig a bit too. That was pure class. Total domination start to finish. Three weight champion. Not bad for an old guy!

I see Islands in the stream!

53 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Badou Jack masterclass right there. Actually had me feeling sorry for Makabu. Jack is such a good fighter to watch, great feet, fast hands, lands shots from all sorts of angles and can dig a bit too. That was pure class. Total domination start to finish. Three weight champion. Not bad for an old guy!

Yes! I'm purposely trying to boycott but I've always loved Jack. Absolute warrior

2 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Me too. Pure clickbait, but it did make me chuckle. 

Didn't see the Moneybags fight, simply because I didn't even know he was fighting. I'm giving myself a gold star for that at least! ?

Oh the Mayweather fight was in a half empty O2. 

Turns out nobody wanted to watch Mayweather fight a Geordie Shore turned MMA fighter. 

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Fury won on the cards, but really shows that he isn't much of a prospect at all. Was better than Jake Paul, but any good boxer that weight beats Fury comfortably. 

It was an 8 round hug-off but when they did get in on, Fury schooled him. The commentators were the most entertaining thing, desperately trying to make it sound like a good fight.

Let's be honest, most folk were only watching to see Paul eat some leather. How he can say he won that fight is beyond me, but his fanboys will doubtless be screeching that he was robbed.

1 minute ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

It was an 8 round hug-off but when they did get in on, Fury schooled him. The commentators were the most entertaining thing, desperately trying to make it sound like a good fight.

Let's be honest, most folk were only watching to see Paul eat some leather. How he can say he won that fight is beyond me, but his fanboys will doubtless be screeching that he was robbed.

The American commentators had Jake Paul winning on the cards, which was highly amusing. Pretty comfortable to score for Fury. I really wanted to see one of them eat a few proper shots (not a big fan of either) but in the end it was a boring but comfortable result. Aside from that, I thought the ref was pretty bad. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

The American commentators had Jake Paul winning on the cards, which was highly amusing. Pretty comfortable to score for Fury. I really wanted to see one of them eat a few proper shots (not a big fan of either) but in the end it was a boring but comfortable result. Aside from that, I thought the ref was pretty bad. 

Paid shills, the pair of them. I had Paul winning 3 rounds. And all the BS about how the Saudis should get more fights out there. Gimme a break. I'm guessing they got well paid ?

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Can you blame him? If he hadn’t gone on Love Island he wouldn’t be earning millions tonight.

Yeah I can, that show is the lowest of the low, that's the path he chose to take and fair play to him I guess.

Just needs to drop this "I'm the professional boxer" crap, as does Jake Paul.

Just own what they are, social media influencer to millions of teenagers around the world milking every last pound of their pocket money.

Take the rematch, then fight KSI, earn millions and millions setting your family up for life, have more in the bank than Tyson. Easy.

Just keep it on YouTube or Tik Tok where they belong.

That's the only reason I don't like Tommy. All the ridiculous "fight a proper boxer" stuff while he's never fought one himself. 

I didn't watch tonight but I've seen him 3 times before and he walks backwards in straight lines. Pretty much no professionals do that unless it's a rookie who's concentration has slipped. And even fewer get away with it. Absolutely asking to take the full brunt of a shot. 

Jake Paul has a history of conning people. This was fairly honest by his standards. 

They will rematch cus they need each other now. Where else do they go?