Derby put a Championship marker down today.

Curtains

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​He really didn't.

Didn't win a single header against Nuihu, despite Buxton being able to. Also got caught upfield, out of position multiple times due to his unnecessary marauding runs.

Not even a blip, don't rate him as a defender. Sooner we can get Albentosa established in the team the better.

The annoying thing with Nuihu is that our defence should have let him win the ball in the air, but picked up the players around him better. I don't think you can blame anyone for not competing with him in the air, as he is a monster,  but we didn't have to. We could have left him to it as he had no plan other than to 'head the ball down'

The league can change very quickly, so I'm not getting too ahead of myself but we're in a great position now. Three points, and the same goal difference, away from Bournemouth in third. Norwich, who do look handy, sit six points away. We would have to lose twice, where they win twice, before we sit on the same playing field. Plus, they've got to play: seven of the current top 12 still.

The biggest difference between us and Boro is the away fixtures we have left; Boro still have four of the top six to play away from home, while we still have four of the bottom six to play away from home. 

​Keogh won't be able to cut it in the Prem, he's too mistake prone so why not get Albentosa established in the side now ahead of next season, whether we're promoted or not?

Albentosa was in the La Liga Team of the Month ahead of players such as Pique, Sergio Ramos and Miranda. Has Keogh ever even made Championship Team of the Week?

​He really didn't.

Didn't win a single header against Nuihu, despite Buxton being able to. Also got caught upfield, out of position multiple times due to his unnecessary marauding runs.

Not even a blip, don't rate him as a defender. Sooner we can get Albentosa established in the team the better.

​What's with the Keogh bashing?

Keogh is one of the top defenders outside of the top flight. He has been fantastic for Derby ever since we bought him.

So what if Albentosa has been in a La Liga Team of the Month. Big deal. He's dealing with fancy footed players in Spain. It doesn't compare to the sheer blood and thunder of the Championship.

If Albentosa develops the reputation in the game that Keogh has managed to then we'll have one hell of a player on our hands.

Keogh will make a very solid defender in the top flight just like Shackell has managed to. If and when Albentosa gets his chance, he'll have to play alongside Keogh as along with Grant, Martin and Hughes, if fit they will play.

​What's with the Keogh bashing?

Keogh is one of the top defenders outside of the top flight. He has been fantastic for Derby ever since we bought him.

So what if Albentosa has been in a La Liga Team of the Month. Big deal. He's dealing with fancy footed players in Spain. It doesn't compare to the sheer blood and thunder of the Championship.

If Albentosa develops the reputation in the game that Keogh has managed to then we'll have one hell of a player on our hands.

Keogh will make a very solid defender in the top flight just like Shackell has managed to. If and when Albentosa gets his chance, he'll have to play alongside Keogh as along with Grant, Martin and Hughes, if fit they will play.

Give it up, people.

You are all trying to out-do each other with your stupid "My pet hate player is far worse than your pet hate player".

Fecking half fans.

I think the most important person over the last few months of this season will be the Sports Psychologists. 

We have proved we can do it all but we have become error prone. Grant was solid and not a problem, racked up the clean sheets and now look, he should have done better over the last few games. Hendrick made a few shockers and Christie looks dodgy at times. They're all good players and it could be that the mental attitude needs work? 

You are Richard Keogh and I claim my £5!

Keogh is so mistake prone it's beyond the pale. It's at least 1 mistake a game now. Also, on the ball he is poor, his runs upfield just lead to him being caught out of position putting Buxton under extra, unnecessary pressure. His heading is also surprisingly weak, he didn't win a single header against Nuihu yesterday. I'm not sure Richard Keogh has a ''reputation in the game'' either. He's never been known as an excellent defender hence why he's never played in the Prem...

That's my point, being in the La Liga Team of the Month IS a big deal! .If Albentosa can deal with 'fancy footed players in Spain' ie. Messi, he can sure as hell deal easily with strikers in the Championship. We've not brought it Raul to play alongside Keogh, they both prefer playing on the ride side of a CB pairing, we've brought him in to replace Keogh.

I'm sure this classes as going off topic now. But I'll say this in defense of Keogh. His 'pointless runs upfield' are key for our system one of several reasons we are so relentless in our attack is because we play from the back, and because Keogh will bring it out so far, meaning we're starting attacks high up the pitch. That might mean he's caught out of position if the opposition break, but that is the system we play, that's what he's been told to do  blame McClaren if you have to blame someone  

Having said that, he is far from perfect, and prone to the odd mistake, which might be punished more consistently in the prem. A defenders first job is, of course, to depend, but for the championship he's more than good enough, and contributed to tons of clean sheets. 

If Mac is looking to replace him, he'll be looking for someone who is able to replicate those runs up the pitch. Hopefully Raul can do that. 

Having someone of Raul's quality in the squad is clearly an asset, but is he a like for like improvement on Keogh? Or is he just another quality defender giving us a range of options?

​This is very fair actually.

In my mind thought there is a difference between bring the ball out from the back and what Keogh does. There was a moment yesterday in the 2nd half where he ended up at the corner flag. For me this is too far, we'd seen how switched on they were and how quickly they broke on the counter with their second goal. One mistake that far up the field and Keogh would have been miles out of position with no hope of getting back in time.

I'm not sure Raul is the sort of player that makes these sorts of runs either. If he's a capable passer though, that's probably good enough; all it takes is one pass to Hughes and we're away. Raul would hopefully make up for any possible ''on the ball' deficiencies however with his excellent defending ability. He comes in very high regard so I'm excited to see what he can do for us!

Hate threads like this, isn't this what people have been given Bournemouth and Boro fans stick for? Great set of results on Saturday, but I can easily see us losing to Charlton tomorrow, they've won two games on the bounce comfortably and we are a side who allow complacency to slip into our game. If Boro and Norwich both win we're back to doubting again.

Hate to dampen the spirits, but we're not there yet. :mellow:

Bournemouth have 2 easy games coming up

forest away , blackburn home 

middlesbro have 2 easy games

bolton home, wednesday away

so...We need another 6 points from charlton and fulham.

not easy when the pressure is on.

Exciting init.

Archived