Derby County v Reading

Mafiabob

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember when we signed Warnock and everybody was going on about his experience and he should be in over Forsyth... Ha yeah good joke, experience who gets sent off for 2 yellows in 43 minutes?

True, and you could see it coming. He was still playing like a maniac after his manic first card. Infuriating really.

Warnock has a lot to answer for, these lot will be knackered for Tuesday now after this effort

Very much so. Everyone had to run themselves into the ground, while Rotherham had the weekend off. Not a very good start to his Rams career at all. At least the likes of Hughes and Ince will be fresh, but it's going to be a tough game.

Ok my take on the match:

We had some good positives in the first half and some good chances.

Second half was pretty good I thought with just 10 men;would have won it no question if we had 11,but no point dwelling on that.Warnock had some bad fouls and whatever.

I always want Derby to win every match as do we all.I would have loved to continue on the cup because I felt with our strength in depth,we could really make a run at it.Alas,not to be.

Lingard was rusty at first imo,but came together a bit and I love his pace.

Dawks was quite good today imo and I wish tbh he had stayed on.Some may be dissapointed not to see Thorne,but I agree with Mac not playing him.

Ah well out of the cup but now let's focus back on the league.Bournemouth dropped points today which is great for us,and we have a quite winnable match Tuesday.

I'm off now to watch Carolina basketball game.

COYR!

Actually don't think the performance was that bad considering there was 7 changes and we played 10 men for most of the game.

Could of gone defensive but we went for it.

IMO a replay would of been the worse result. Too many games in February to be worrying about cup games.

And on the plus side, both Bournemouth and Brentford dropped points today.

If you want to win something you pick your best side , don't and take a gamble that does not come of, you only blame yourself.

There are a number of instances where a tea has won something with their best side not out.

Chelsea won the CL in 2012 with about eight first-teamers out suspended.

We had a good enough team out to win, and before the sending off we were in the ascendency - dominating both possession and shots.

The sending off changed the game. It was utterly stupid, but I'd rather it happen in the cup than the league.

Let's be realistic, it was a massive opportunity missed but the league is more important. Wigan won the FA Cup two years ago, nobody actually cares about that now and they're heading down to League One.

Warnock,can't we send him back?I said we didn't need him at the time.

To be fair, if he's done nothing else, he's had the effect of pushing Forsyth on. Forsyth has been bloody brilliant since Warnock came in, he was starting to look a bit jaded before that. If Warnock doesn't get another game all season, but Fozzy keeps playing as well as he does, everyone's a winner.

We had to give him a run out in the cup though really. Can't really fault that decision. 

Actually don't think the performance was that bad considering there was 7 changes and we played 10 men for most of the game.

Could of gone defensive but we went for it.

IMO a replay would of been the worse result. Too many games in February to be worrying about cup games.

And on the plus side, both Bournemouth and Brentford dropped points today.

Why make 7 changes?There was a place in the QF's at stake we may not get another chance

like this for years.I suppose there is one positive,we know our replacements aren't good enough. 

Why make 7 changes?There was a place in the QF's at stake we may not get another chance

like this for years.I suppose there is one positive,we know our replacements aren't good enough. 

Rubbish. They were easily good enough. We would have smashed them with 11 v 11. Warnock got sent off, just one of those things. Our second string is quality. In fact, it's unfair to call them a second string, any one of the players out there today could have a decent shout at a starting place int he right circumstances.

Rubbish. They were easily good enough. We would have smashed them with 11 v 11. Warnock got sent off, just one of those things. Our second string is quality. In fact, it's unfair to call them a second string, any one of the players out there today could have a decent shout at a starting place int he right circumstances.

Except Roos of course. I reckon Grant might have had half a chance with the 1 v 1 with Yakubu. 

Archived