Silly how well do you know the transfer rules thread

davenportram

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hypotetical situation but Player A has played against the same team seven times in one season, and in those seven games has played FOR six different teams. HOW?

(Before you say you cant paly for more than 2 teams in a season stop and think.

T.I. has already played for three)

Emergency loans?

Don't know the answer,but I'm guessing that others are on the right lines with emergency loans.Are you sure the answer isn't 8 times,as he could have featured against the same club in 2 different cup matches?

I'm not sure on the rules of how many emergency loans can be made, but can a player move twice in one emergency loan window? 

four emergency loan clubs, plus two parent clubs would make six. Throw in the fact he could be league one and you have the St Johnstones Paint Trophy, Play-Offs, FA Cup, League Cup and league - that's potentially five competitions. 

Otherwise, I have no idea. 

You could have 2 games in the SJPT,2 games in play-offs semi,2 games in the FA cup (draw +replay),2 games in a League cup semi, and 6 'normal' League games. You could also have in season friendlies,as the question doesn't specify competitive games.  

A premier league player can play against the same team 

1, if his parent club is bottom half of the Premier League, he can play against a Championship club in the League cup in August

2, He could then make a August loan move to a championship club for 3 months. Playing against the same club again

3 & 4, Having returned to his parent club in November, the player then signs a month long loan in December for a Championship club, and plays the same club, home and away (Like Derby v Leeds was only a month apart).

5, Whilst on that emergency loan, he plays in the FA Cup against the same team in the 3rd round.

6. Having returned to his parent club in mid-January, he is now loaned out on 1 month loan to another championship club and plays the same team for a sixth time.

7. Having returned from that loan, the player is now signed on a 93 day loan and plays the club again.

There you go... sorted.

I don't think there are any rules about a player ~ except as I said earlier in the thread, in the 'elite' leagues, where the two club rule applies. ~ there are rules about how many short-term loans a club can enter, not a player

I'll have a go at this.

Lets use Tom Ince for example and team B is Brighton.

Hull vs Brighton League Cup first round. (1)

Goes on loan to Forest - plays Brighton in the league (2).

Signs for Aston Villa at the end of August 

Villa vs Brighton League Cup last 16 (3) 

Goes on loan to Watford - plays Brighton in the league (4)

Signs for DCFC on a permanent January deal - plays Brighton (5)

Goes on loan to Huddersfield - plays Brighton (6)

Goes on emergency loan to Reading - plays Brighton (7)

I'm lost - I have no idea.

A premier league player can play against the same team

1, if his parent club is bottom half of the Premier League, he can play against a Championship club in the League cup in August

2, He could then make a August loan move to a championship club for 3 months. Playing against the same club again

3 & 4, Having returned to his parent club in November, the player then signs a month long loan in December for a Championship club, and plays the same club, home and away (Like Derby v Leeds was only a month apart).

5, Whilst on that emergency loan, he plays in the FA Cup against the same team in the 3rd round.

6. Having returned to his parent club in mid-January, he is now loaned out on 1 month loan to another championship club and plays the same team for a sixth time.

7. Having returned from that loan, the player is now signed on a 93 day loan and plays the club again.

There you go... sorted.

I don't think there are any rules about a player ~ except as I said earlier in the thread, in the 'elite' leagues, where the two club rule applies. ~ there are rules about how many short-term loans a club can enter, not a player

Wouldn't it be funny if that happened and he scored the winning goal every time. That other club would absolutely hate him.

Archived