Tom Ince - Sky Sports

Walsall_Ram

I was just thinking that the last time i saw him for blackpool v us he was pretty anonymous.

Tbh i'm on the fence.

I really haven't seen enough of him to comment one way or the other.

Yes he was but it was 5-1 to us and was it his free kick that they scored from and ended with 9 men?

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you go to the U21 matches, one thing stands out more than anything else, that is mutual respect at all levels between the staff and players. Anyone who signs for the Rams and has a stinky attitude with either get rid of it quick or he will be got rid of quick. This respect flows through the Club from Rush and McClaren. If Ince thinks he is too good then he will not get a game. In would put money on that. there is a bizarre sense of family at the Club. More than one player has been quoted as saying that it feels like home.

While I agree, I also think ibe showed traits of arrogance - that dance he did when he scored against Cardiff City (the one which made it 1-2 to them) p!ssed me off no end. Grab the feckin ball and get on with it you t!t....

I had the same reaction......but thats modern footballers.

Not sure what Dave Mackay would make of all the mincing about.

btw, I do hope he signs and destroys our opponents and everyone says "told you so"

Plus I'll be cheering him on from day 1.

Have a gold star.

How is Ince actually allowed to play for anyone else this season? Here's a link to the FIFA regulations (it's a pdf) that mentions this on p. 8:

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/regulations_on_the_status_and_transfer_of_players_en_33410.pdf

"Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs. As an exception to this rule, a player moving between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (i.e. start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring) may be eligible to play in official matches for a third club during the relevant season, provided he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs. Equally, the provisions relating to the registration periods (article 6) as well as to the minimum length of a contract (article 18 paragraph 2) must be respected."

He's already played for Hull and the gumps this season, so how come he can play for a third team?

Just had a quick look at that - it seems that The FA, Premier League and Football League .chose not to count emergency loans in the total. As long as a player only plays for two clubs in one particular division, in England they can play for a third in a different division as long as one of the playing stints was on emergency loan. FIFA, apparently, are less than impressed.

Ince's loan to Forest was an emergency loan, so he can come to us on a standard loan without any problems.

I wasn't overwhelmed by the link at first but the stat of 25 goals and 20 assists in 60odd games for blackpool is impressive. A few people wrote Bent off before he came and he is answering his critics. A 300k fee for someone who clearly has potential isn't a large amount if he helps us gain promotion. It's not as if we have spent a fortune on players this campaign, I'd personally take the risk.

McClaren is on a hiding to nothing at this point in the season. He has to balance spending against not getting promoted. Whatever we spend in this window is excellent business if we get promoted. if we do not get promoted then we will cash in on a big player to pay for the financial loss. We cannot lose by getting players at this time because it is short term and our security is the likes of Hughes, Martin, Bryson, Hendrick and Thorne. We can sell who it takes to balance the books. If all goes to plan then we have a new nucleus of players who can supposedly play in the premiership. McClaren's skill is to improve players. We buy a player with potential or who has lost his way and we get him playing again. It did not work with Best, as it cannot with everyone. There must be a hundred players in Premiership squads who cannot get a game. They were developed through the U21s, signed from lower leagues because of their potential or have just lost their way etc These players are McClaren's happy hunting ground:-

1. U21 players who have been given excellent tuition at great clubs eg Bunjaku

2. Players originally from lower leagues eg Ibe on loan or Phillips on a permanent contract.

3. Players who have lost their way eg Bent

4. Unknown foreigners eg Albentosa

5. Young players from Foreign big teams eg Mascarell on loan perhaps permanent

6. Local talent brought through the ranks eg Rawson,Hanson and a bunch of others at U16,U17, U18, U21 levels. They are already getting international recognition.

The most difficult ones to get are the likes of Phillips who was signed for

As things stand Derby are unwilling to pay that fee, when reports claim that Forest did not have to pay a penny earlier in the campaign.[/size]

Too sausaging right

The only caveat is that he only went to forest for a month.

Only started 4 games plus 2 sub appearances.

Presumably this fee is for half a season.

most loans charge a fee don't they?

300k is steep though.

Thats two Coutts.

Archived