Shotton

AmericanRam

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shotton was very good. I don't think he is quite as good as Christie when both are on form, but he certainly played and looked the part tonight. 

I didn't really like his throws, however, they became predictable and I'm pretty sure the goalkeeper caught the last two. 

Christie and Shotton offer different things. I'm massively over-simplifying, but Shotton can defend and Christie can attack. I would let Shotton keep the shirt for now.

His long throws are very dangerous if he gets the direction right. The contrast between his and the Blackburn players' more traditional long throws was telling. Blackburn's throws had decent distance, but were looped, high and hanging. Relatively easy pickings for our center halves. Shotton arrows his in to the six yard box almost as flat as a cross.

Thought Shotton did well, certainly we looked more solid at the back. Needs work on his long throws though, the objective is to find a player in a white shirt and not throw it to their keeper. Plus side is that it provides something different for teams to think about.

Gutted to miss the match last night, relationship problems, take me back to the carefree time of no mortgage or kids when life was simple. Listened on RD. Sounded like we played well. Omar seems to be growing, a few last ditch tackles in the last 2 games. It would be nice if when Thornes fit Omar keeps him out the side, that way we know Omar is playing well and George can take his time. Excited for the run in now.

Thought Shotton did well, certainly we looked more solid at the back. Needs work on his long throws though, the objective is to find a player in a white shirt and not throw it to their keeper. Plus side is that it provides something different for teams to think about.

First goal came from a long throw in.

A lot did land straight in the keepers hands but we should have put somebody in front of the keeper.

He was very good. Its been said here but Christie is probably better going forward but Shotton was a rock back there, and what was probably a 1-game replacement for Christie now turns into a real scrap for that spot. It would seem unjust to me to put Christie back in after Shot's showing. Also Christie has been daydreaming out there lately, and it's infuriating the skipper, rightly so.

Shotton looked good. Did what Wisdom did, and allowed Forsyth to get forward. 

And for those moaning about the long throws, one worked. Sometimes, that's all you need. That came from Martin flicking it on, and causing defensive panic. 

There still seem to be those odd panicky moments from him, but otherwise a solid performance. Having said that, they didn't pose much of a threat down the sides, due to them just hooooofing it down the middle most of the time.

Glad to hear he had a good game. The last time I went to a game was Norwich at home and Shotton looked a real liability. I guess working alongside Delap at Stoke would have done his long throw technique no harm at all.

Hope he keeps it up.   

Half fan

:p

Archived