Derby County v Blackburn Rovers

Mafiabob

Thought the atmosphere was good today. Then it went a bit quiet and as usual, the blame is split. Yeah, some people stopped singing, but is there any need for people to start getting aggressive at people for not singing? It's supposed to be intimidating for the opposition, not our own fans! Okay, if you don't want to sing you shouldn't be in the South stand but you can't force people to sing...

But on the whole, good noise for most of the game.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh and while we're on the topic, if we want people to sing, why don't we try not singing the same song for 20 minutes? Barmy Army or We Are Derby going on endlessly... yeah of course people are going to get sick of singing it eventually. Mix it up maybe? We're not Leeds, singing the same song constantly is stupid.

Grant 8- Dat save. Great organisation as well, gave the shouts to his defenders and they complied. We made it look easy to defend at times and that's down to Granty.

Shotton 6- Honestly think he gave the ball away far too much. Defended fairly well but he struggles with pacey players still.

Keogh 7- Rock solid. Captains performance. Looked so much calmer

Buxton 6- Steady on lad, you're looking like a pub centre half again. Don't be a laughing stock, you're better than this.

Forsyth 7- He made it look easy when it wasn't always that easy. Was good at turning defence into attack rather quickly. Didn't have much to do though.

Mascarell 8- Heroic at times, It's very rare that Mascarell has an imposing presence in the midfield but he had it today. Looked in control and was in control

Hughes 9-.... and if you thought OMG was in control... Embarrassed some defenders at times. Just try to get the ball off him, you've got no hope mate. You might as well go home....

Hendrick 4- ...you might as well go home...

Dawkins 6- eh... I've seen worse. At least he kept the ball and had some relative calm... Other than that miss...

Ward 7- Active? The word is more 'Hyperactive' I think. Ran around like a loon but he's made a career out of that and he's quite dangerous like that. Ruffled a few feathers at least.

Martin 7- Looked much better went Bent played next to him to relieve some of the pressure on him. Anonymous before that.

Subs:

Bent 8- Ghosting in all over the place. His timing, running and positioning are impeccable. Top striker. I have a good feeling about this loan deal...

Bennett 7- Raw pace and power. Surprised me a little bit because he's often so ineffective in these little cameos at the end of games.

Hendrick comment made me chuckle....have a like!

In all seriousness though what has happened to Jeff?

Grant 8- Dat save. Great organisation as well, gave the shouts to his defenders and they complied. We made it look easy to defend at times and that's down to Granty.

Shotton 6- Honestly think he gave the ball away far too much. Defended fairly well but he struggles with pacey players still.

Buxton 6- Steady on lad, you're looking like a pub centre half again. Don't be a laughing stock, you're better than this.

Forsyth 7- He made it look easy when it wasn't always that easy. Was good at turning defence into attack rather quickly. Didn't have much to do though.

Mascarell 8- Heroic at times, It's very rare that Mascarell has an imposing presence in the midfield but he had it today. Looked in control and was in control

Hughes 9-.... and if you thought OMG was in control... Embarrassed some defenders at times. Just try to get the ball off him, you've got no hope mate. You might as well go home....

Dawkins 6- eh... I've seen worse. At least he kept the ball and had some relative calm... Other than that miss...

Ward 7- Active? The word is more 'Hyperactive' I think. Ran around like a loon but he's made a career out of that and he's quite dangerous like that. Ruffled a few feathers at least.

Martin 7- Looked much better went Bent played next to him to relieve some of the pressure on him. Anonymous before that.

Subs:

Bent 8- Ghosting in all over the place. His timing, running and positioning are impeccable. Top striker. I have a good feeling about this loan deal...

Bennett 7- Raw pace and power. Surprised me a little bit because he's often so ineffective in these little cameos at the end of games.

Agree almost entirely with your ratings and critique, but if Grant deserves an 8 for his save, surely Keogh deserves at least the same, as good a performance at the back as I've seen for a long time, complete control from our Captain, great decision making in sometimes tricky circumstances.

Subs:

Steady on lad? just because you're allowed to drink now doesn't mean you're all grown up haha

Steady on lad? just because you're allowed to drink now doesn't mean you're all grown up haha

Buxton was in another universe sometimes. He made good stops but he doesn't half lose his discipline sometimes, both in the heavy tackles and positioning. Do you disagree with my summation? And don't say Hendrick, you don't want to stir the pot on that one. And don't say Dawkins, you REALLY don't want to stir the pot on that either.

Buxton was in another universe sometimes. He made good stops but he doesn't half lose his discipline sometimes, both in the heavy tackles and positioning. Do you disagree with my summation? And don't say Hendrick, you don't want to stir the pot on that one. And don't say Dawkins, you REALLY don't want to stir the pot on that either.

As always I don't disagree with your summation mon Frere just your choice of words. I will say this though, Hendrick has been of more use over the last 18 months than Thorne though as I'm currently screaming for Bryson to get back in might be time to pull out a concept that seems alien to you and rest him. On the Dawkins thing they can't all be mega stars, his first 5 yards are rapid and so he stopped a few counters simply by being there. Bucko is a player I'd never get rid of because at two minutes notice he'll give you 7 out of 10

As always I don't disagree with your summation mon Frere just your choice of words. I will say this though, Hendrick has been of more use over the last 18 months than Thorne though as I'm currently screaming for Bryson to get back in might be time to pull out a concept that seems alien to you and rest him. On the Dawkins thing they can't all be mega stars, his first 5 yards are rapid and so he stopped a few counters simply by being there. Bucko is a player I'd never get rid of because at two minutes notice he'll give you 7 out of 10

Oh but he went there.... I'd hide if I were you, I can hear Bris Vegas coming.... Don't say I didn't warn you.

Hell of alot of goals/assists and god dammit money sitting on the bench

But where are those goals and assists this season....  :ph34r:

For what it's worth, I think he's as good as Hendrick.

See you're even dragging me into this now. I was quite happy sat up there on the fence... No keyboard warriors went after me up there.

But where are those goals and assists this season....  :ph34r:

For what it's worth, I think he's as good as Hendrick.

See you're even dragging me into this now. I was quite happy sat up there on the fence... No keyboard warriors went after me up there.

Much more satisfying to battle it out in the dirt.

I don't think we'd lose much at least for having Bryson in there and seeing as everyone seems to agree that Hendrick isn't exactly pulling up trees as he is I don't see the harm in giving someone else the chance to shine for a week or two. Omar got that chance and is thriving now

It was a very good win, we was made to work hard and Blackburn set up to make it difficult for us. Credit to them, really.

I'm happy with the performance. It's not one that's going to turn heads but it's shown that we can implement plan B with success.

Guess your last point was a consequence of the first. The oppo were set up defensively well and our plan A was going to struggle ie playing football to turn people's head. But unlike games against Millwall, Wigan and Forest we had a plan B. And it worked.

Again last night, oppo manager's heap praise on us and they all know how good we can be. Nearly every team we play at home is going try and keep it tight and nick one against the run of play.

Hopefully teams are now changing their style vs Bournemouth too. Can they do anything different. Pretty sure Ipswich won't ever have a try a different style and I thought they looked fairly limited when up against a side who defends well ie us. Boro are on a good run at moment but have had plenty of draws this season. Perhaps they are better suited to teams attacking them, like us and City.

Whoohoo very happy with the result sorry I missed it. Thought bent looked sharp on Saturday and sounds like same again last night. Maybe he is getting his fitness back after his first two lacklustre sub appearances.

Whoohoo very happy with the result sorry I missed it. Thought bent looked sharp on Saturday and sounds like same again last night. Maybe he is getting his fitness back after his first two lacklustre sub appearances.

Did I miss something, sure I saw him come on as a sub again last night ;)

Thought Ward was clearly not fully fit / match sharp last night, several times ran the ball out of play when trying to beat their defender.

Hendrick was steady, some good critical interceptions on the edge of our box and he tracked back well however one or two passes went astray which is what everyone becomes critical of.

Hughes, Keogh and Mascarell all excellent, nothing to choose between them as MOTM for me.

Thought Shotton had a good game, the whole defence to be fair looked more solid.

Martin was unlucky a couple of times with deflections off defenders heels that on another night would have deflected in to the net rather than out for a corner. He looked better again when Bent came on.

Bent was causing all sorts of problems to their defence with his timed runs - has to be pushing for a start now.

For me the front line to start is Martin, Bent and Ward (until Russell is fit again)

Much more satisfying to battle it out in the dirt.

I don't think we'd lose much at least for having Bryson in there and seeing as everyone seems to agree that Hendrick isn't exactly pulling up trees as he is I don't see the harm in giving someone else the chance to shine for a week or two. Omar got that chance and is thriving now

You are ValleyRam and I claim my

Going to be a tough game, but I would fancy us to score goals against Blackburn. Would I be right in saying that they haven't been as strong at the back as they were last year?

The 2-3 win at Ewood has been one of the most impressive results we've had this season, and if the 'tormentor in chiefs' of that night, i.e. Hughes, Ward and Martin can get on the ball then I would expect us to have too much for them again.

I don't think we're in as such bad form as many are making out. Yes the balance of the side has been hit by the loss of Eustace, Ibe and now Russel but lets not forget how different a local Derby match normally is in the context of a season. The Forest game under the circumstances may well prove to be the hardest match we'll have this year.

I for one never saw the 4-0 win coming in a million years after the shaky draw at home to Norwich, hopefully the team can raise a few eyebrows again.

3-1 Derby

Best profile name ever.

Archived