Say no to page 3

PistoldPete2

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Times have changed, you don't need to buy a newspaper, a disgusting one at that, to see some bazongas nowadays.

True I remember when I 1st got my hands on dial up.. All I got was pop ups you can imagine what the contents were.. Not like I minded.

If women want to get paid to go topless on page 3 and men want to buy a paper because of page 3 go for it, I don't see the problem.

I don't buy all this sexist, degrading to women arguments, nobody forces the women into page 3 and some have gone on to have successful careers (financially).

If women want to get paid to go topless on page 3 and men want to buy a paper because of page 3 go for it, I don't see the problem.

I don't buy all this sexist, degrading to women arguments, nobody forces the women into page 3 and some have gone on to have successful careers (financially).

Exactly. You can't play the sexist, demeaning card on one hand and at the same time be saying women don't have the right to seek employment however they wish.

You don't see the good looking ones complaining.

One of my friends is a 'bangbabe', she's paid her mortgage off in full, and has now bought a share in a beauty salon with the money she's earned for getting her jubblies out. She doesn't feel degraded or exploited, she's not even 30 years old yet!

To be fair the campaign/debate against Page 3 isn't about it being sexist or degrading. I think everyone is well aware that none of these women are being forced into it. That in itself is a choice (for the viewer and the model)

The debate was more, as Mostyn said, that it's an anachronism. Free ography on the internet has made it obsolete and therefore why do they still do it? There is no need for a mainstream newspaper to fill a gap that doesn't exist.

The rumour is that The Sun will bring it back if they notice a huge dip in sales, but that the reason they've dropped it is not because of the campaign but because sales are generally tanking anyway (post phone hacking etc) so they're testing the theory that sales might actually go up if families start buying it knowing that they don't have to expose their kids to needless boobage any more.

Should be interesting

I love the fact the telegraph (Derby) is free online. Shame you can't access it due to pop ups. Could make sense to charge people a certain amount a month for viewing access to there site. Think the Sun does it now.

If I see the sun around I just literally turn to Page 3 and then put it back down unless I cba reading the support which is usually made up any way!

Archived