Brighton / Ipswich !

Ram8

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you want them to win and go above us by a point? I go for a draw tbf.

Brentford would go above us m8 they would be a point ahead of us on 49 if they beat Norwich .

But we are going to beat Blackburn are we not anyway and go joint top next Tuesday on 51 points after beating the Spirites in the FA Cup on Saturday.

Brentford wouldn't go above us m8 they would be a point behind us on 47 if they beat Norwich .

They're on 46 pts if win on Saturday mean go on 49pts above us. If draws mean 47pts. Just saying :)

Why are people knocking other side's consistencies? It could be argued that the top team's in this league are some of the most consistent there have been for a while. 

It was Ipswich's fifth loss of the season tonight, two coming in their last three, so it's not exactly showing they aren't being consistent because before that they were very consistent. 

Brighton, for my money, are on paper as good as Ipswich. Brighton are a good footballing side and just by looking at the stats, I can derive that Ipswich were outpassed, outplayed and outthought by a side that found their extra gear tonight. 

Good stuff. However, I don't expect Ipswich and Bournemouth's wobbles to last.

Why are people knocking other side's consistencies? It could be argued that the top team's in this league are some of the most consistent there have been for a while. 

It was Ipswich's fifth loss of the season tonight, two coming in their last three, so it's not exactly showing they aren't being consistent because before that they were very consistent. 

Brighton, for my money, are on paper as good as Ipswich. Brighton are a good footballing side and just by looking at the stats, I can derive that Ipswich were outpassed, outplayed and outthought by a side that found their extra gear tonight. 

Good stuff. However, I don't expect Ipswich and Bournemouth's wobbles to last.

And neither will ours, but as you say these teams have be so consistent and will continue to be consistent that these single blips can make all the difference at the end of the season. A season in football is decided by the fine margins quite often and this season looks like it will be too. Put in context- and trust me I'm NOT getting ahead of myself here- but tonight's results could be the difference between automatic promotion and the playoffs for these teams, including us.

A lot of teams competing for top two this year, probably six teams. The teams are similar in standard but have a lot of points each. No team has two points per game as yet. We have 48 from 26 so we are four short of two points per game. Two points per game for the remaining 20 games would give us 88 points and a good chance of automatic promotion but I would like to see us get 90 to be on the same side. To get ninety, we would need 13 wins and 3 draws and four defeats, or 14,0,6 or 12,6,2 or 11,9,0.

Are you allowed to use profanities on this forum ?

Obviously this evening is a major disappointment particularly against an opposition team we were expected to beat.   Just goes to show the adage that soccer is 11 men against 11, that on the day anything can occur.

We had high hopes after the Bournemouth loss but Middlesbrough took the shine off events when they got a victory and took over in second last night.   I've followed this club (ITFC) for 35 + years and it's not the first time we've been in sight of a glory or after a promotion, seen many disappointments over the years, but can only imagine it's a case of nerves getting to the players.   There was an unspoken belief before the game that we would win without too much effort but now we find ourselves on the reverse of a surprise score.    I never expected Brighton to win today let alone score three times against us.

I think as the remainder of the season pans out all promotion challenging teams, including the play-off zone, will suffer setbacks such as this.   Consistency is the key word here but do feel somewhat concerned that we may not be able to hold out until the end of season. 

I wouldn't get away saying this on my home teams forum, but I do believe that we won't achieve an automatic promotion this year.   At least we have the safety of a play-off shot at the end of it - although missing out on even that doesn't really bear thinking about - but our record in recent years in that particular end of season contest is very poor in itself.

Guess we'll face the remaining months as see what occurs.  I won't harbor any grudes if Derby get a promotion in our place and the same goes for Bournemouth and Middlesbrough.   You make your own luck in this league.    But today - bottom line, that was a wasted opportunity.

The Ipswich manager said that these things happen and will happen to all the teams. He also said that it is tight. I believe that it will be decided by squad size, injuries, refereeing decisions and just plain tiredness leading to silly mistakes. If Derby's transfer window signings play better than the ones that we have now in those positions then Derby will go up. Ipswich will be in the top four but I do not know where.

Are you allowed to use profanities on this forum ?

Obviously this evening is a major disappointment particularly against an opposition team we were expected to beat. Just goes to show the adage that soccer is 11 men against 11, that on the day anything can occur.

We had high hopes after the Bournemouth loss but Middlesbrough took the shine off events when they got a victory and took over in second last night. I've followed this club (ITFC) for 35 + years and it's not the first time we've been in sight of a glory or after a promotion, seen many disappointments over the years, but can only imagine it's a case of nerves getting to the players. There was an unspoken belief before the game that we would win without too much effort but now we find ourselves on the reverse of a surprise score. I never expected Brighton to win today let alone score three times against us.

I think as the remainder of the season pans out all promotion challenging teams, including the play-off zone, will suffer setbacks such as this. Consistency is the key word here but do feel somewhat concerned that we may not be able to hold out until the end of season.

I wouldn't get away saying this on my home teams forum, but I do believe that we won't achieve an automatic promotion this year. At least we have the safety of a play-off shot at the end of it - although missing out on even that doesn't really bear thinking about - but our record in recent years in that particular end of season contest is very poor in itself.

Guess we'll face the remaining months as see what occurs. I won't harbor any grudes if Derby get a promotion in our place and the same goes for Bournemouth and Middlesbrough. You make your own luck in this league. But today - bottom line, that was a wasted opportunity.

Lost the ability to comprehend what your post said after realising you have referred to our beautiful game as Soccer lol

Norwich seemed tidy and seemed to keep picking up results. Haven't checked the table for a while but seems so tight now.. If we lose our next game we'll struggle. I'll be patient thoe still a long way to go. Great results for us tonight and yesterday par the Boro.

I worry for us, with our midfield situation now I'm not at all confident.

I think Bournemouth have got an excellent chance of winning the league. They look lethal, and despite making changes it rarely affects them.

This is a side who made 10 changes and beat WBA in the League Cup. If we made ten changes, would we dump a PL team out of the cup? I doubt it, despite having a relatively healthy squad.

I just think that the teams at the top all have a certain identity, a winning formula and evergrowing belief.

I wouldn't say the league is poor, but there is clearly a gap between the top seven or eight teams and the rest. I wouldn't fancy our chances over two legs against anyone in the playoffs currently - not like last season.

I wouldn't say the league is poor, but there is clearly a gap between the top seven or eight teams and the rest. I wouldn't fancy our chances over two legs against anyone in the playoffs currently - not like last season.

I would say pretty much every team around the playoffs are saying exactly this.

We could beat anyone over 2 legs but we could just as easily lose to anyone over 2 legs.

Archived