Ibe Replacement

Chris Peduck

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my moneys on Shaun Wright Phillips as recently we seem to be going down the route of experienced players to settle our young side down in the big games, it was plain as daylight to see we had 0 leadership on the pitch against forest to how much Eustinho gave against Ipswich. Thing is though at 33 how much pace etc would he have lost?

Always thought SWP's best form came when he played in the middle at Man City. We've already got people saying Dawkins should play there and if SWP came here I reckon people would be saying the same. I'd like someone on the Ibe mould with blistering pace who stays wide.

Kris Commons Is another without loads of pace but wouldn't be bad as I think he'd be similar to Bamford with his ability to score from nowt. Not as deadly in the box perhaps but better link up play than Bamford.

But Ibe gave us another option with his directness and we'll miss that if we don't get somebody similar.

Played 742 minutes this season in the League for Twente. Seen him play only once admittedly in person.

No, you misread the information when you were looking him up. He's played 742 minutes for Twente's B team. 187 minutes for the first team in the league.

Why are you suggesting a 17 year old (that you've seen once) to come in and improve our first team?

No, you misread the information when you were looking him up. He's played 742 minutes for Twente's B team. 187 minutes for the first team in the league.

Why are you suggesting a 17 year old (that you've seen once) to come in and improve our first team?

Jesus ******* christ, cut him some slack.

Well he's quite similar to Ibe, pace, very direct, Ibe was only 18 too. I recognise that he is expensive but a loan would be feasible. Just an out of e box thought.

This is going to be one completely out of the blue and expensive. I can derive from what we've been told that it's going to be someone well known. Therefore, I'm going to rule out Grealish. I know him, as do a lot of big fans, but I guarentee that not many people do.

Two people that check that box, who may be available:

Ant Knockaert - Leicester

Scott Sinclair - Man City

Archived