Where we going to finish?

Forever Rams

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree. People don't seem to realise this.

Stop being so condescending. Everyone knows that we have to go up this year, people just disagree on how to achieve that.

If Mac decides he needs a short term DCM, so be it. Personally, I think Mascarell is more than good enough to play the role, provided that his midfield partners do their job. As for a winger, I would actively seek one but we need to be sensible in what we do.

Stop being so condescending. Everyone knows that we have to go up this year, people just disagree on how to achieve that.

If Mac decides he needs a short term DCM, so be it. Personally, I think Mascarell is more than good enough to play the role, provided that his midfield partners do their job. As for a winger, I would actively seek one but we need to be sensible in what we do.

I wasn't trying to be condescending.

There have been comments on here that we don't need another winger, DM etc.

I wasn't trying to be condescending.

There have been comments on here that we don't need another winger, DM etc.

As I said, people have different ideas on how to achieve promotion. It doesn't mean they don't understand the importance of getting it.

People rate Jamie Ward so that's probably why they don't want another winger. Personally, I think he's not up to it. People rate Omar. Me included

As I said, people have different ideas on how to achieve promotion. It doesn't mean they don't understand the importance of getting it.

People rate Jamie Ward so that's probably why they don't want another winger. Personally, I think he's not up to it. People rate Omar. Me included

Again I agree. But we are down a winger now Ibe is gone. And we only have one DM for the foreseeable future. Some don't rate Mascarell at all, I think he's fine, but I would like some short term cover even if it's only for a month.

Steve has spent the January window making sure we have two good players per position ready for the upcoming battle.

So currently, with injuries etc included:

GK: Grant | Roos

LB: Forsyth | Warnock

RB: Christie | Ssewankambo(?)

CBx2: Keogh | Buxton | Shotton | Albentosa

CDM: Mascarell

CMx2: Hughes | Hendrick | Bryson | Coutts

Wingersx2: Russell | Ward | Dawkins | Calero

Striker: Martin | Bent

A vital position currently has one fit player. So even if George is close a new CDM is needed surely. For wingers, Calero has barely played all season, so now one of our first choice wingers has gone does that make him suddenly good enough to make an impact? I don't think so. Not yet. We need another winger to add to a short-term CDM and then we're fine.

We've lost 6 games in 26 and conceded less than a goal per game.

Add cup games and we've lost 7 in 31(?)

Have we lost 2 in a row?

How many games have we gone without a win?

Without scoring?

Lack consistency?

You mean we haven't won every game and won the league in January.

We're in a promotion battle.

Some fans post more and love having a whine. You go quiet when we lose. Go follow Nigel.

We've lost 6 games in 26 and conceded less than a goal per game.

Add cup games and we've lost 7 in 31(?)

Have we lost 2 in a row?

How many games have we gone without a win?

Without scoring?

Lack consistency?

You mean we haven't won every game and won the league in January.

We're in a promotion battle.

Some fans post more and love having a whine. You go quiet when we lose. Go follow Nigel.

We had consecutive losses to Brentford and Wigan.

We had consecutive losses to Brentford and Wigan.

Consecutive league losses although that was broken up by a 5-2 victory in the cup. Then we've had consecutive losses with regards to Boro in the league and Chelsea in the cup but drew our next league game.

...which over a season is 10/11 losses.

We're simply not going to get automatic promotion if we lose 10+ games

Our defence has done bloody well overall this season, but still can't be relied upon to hold out under pressure in games we're not in control of midfield.

This. (I ran out my liking quota for the day).

Our defence has done bloody well overall this season, but still can't be relied upon to hold out under pressure in games we're not in control of midfield.

What's more annoying is the games we have lost are to teams that we should be beating. Apart from Middlesbrough and Charlton.

I have to be honest unless we sign a holding midfielder and a decent pacy winger.I see us in the play offs again.

We have been at the top with a chance to get a gap a few months ago and we do the same again yesterday.We could have put pressure on bournemoth and ipswich.

Yesterday was a huge chance to build on ipswich and take advantage of a forest side low in confidence we lost because of 3 changes in midfield to who has played mostrecently in my opinion.

But we have to invest on top of the fairly decent signings already.There are no guarantees eustace will be fit and he doesnt really last 90 mins when he is.Thorne may never be the same again.

We have to get the cheque book out.It isnt a knee jerk reaction as time and again when it matters very few times do we come out on top.

What may save us eventually is what to me looks like a decent run in to the others.

7th if we persist in playing 433 with Mascarell at DM

Losing Eustace before Thorne is ready is a huge blow. Relying on Thorne to come in and rocket us up the table again is folly. The chances are that he won't get back to being fully effective this season - he'll get niggles as he bulids his fitness and he'll be really rusty for weeks even when he is fully fit. He'll be a key player, but we shouldn't expect too much this season.

If we want promotion we need either a new formation or a high quality loan to replace Eustace.

I agree with all that. The amount of ins and outs and speculation this past week or so must be unsettling for the players. Too reminiscent of Davies' tinkering in our last promotion season. It all went a bit pear-shaped after New Year.

Can't just take our losses at the halfway point and double them though? We were second on goal difference on Saturday morning. We've been top going into two international breaks. We were a top 3 side last season and we're top 3 this season.

My opinion is that we'll finish top 2. I understand if nobody agrees.

What I can't take is that "we're inconsistent." We haven't really had a bad run. You know, no wins in 5 etc. those sort of blips that some teams suffer.

Watford are inconsistent. They're capable of winning 5-0 twice on the trot and then getting beat 3-0 and not winning in 3 games. Stuff like that.

We have tiny little bumps and the odd defeat. If someone says thats not good enough for top 2 then I can sort of see their point (but Bournemouth are only 3pts clear and have such a similar record).

But the inconsistent argument? Nah.

And if I'm honest the pleasure certain posters take when we lose pisses me off. They just go quiet when we win.

Lose and it's "no plan b" and "inconsistent" and "not good enough for the PL". We're not in the PL?

What I don't want is for us to not get promoted, and then for people to moan about it saying the board should have invested more, should have signed x player etc.

I want us to get promoted.

Worry about that when it happens.

Right now we only have to finish second by goal difference to go up. And it's only January

Archived