Where we going to finish?

Forever Rams

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leeds away Wigan at home playing against a Forest side at home that hadn't won in so many games we lack the quality to merit a top 2 place

We lack the quality, yet we've beaten the two teams above us?

Even after the Leeds and Wigan performances, we were still in the top two. After Forest, I'm sure we'll be there again. We aren't going to win every game

It's frustrating but I'd rather have lost to Leeds, Wigan and Forest than Bournemouth, Ipswich and Watford.

We'd be 6 clear of third if we'd taken maximum points from Leeds, Millwall & Wigan but it's all ifs, buts and maybes.

I still maintain we will finish 2nd but we can't afford anymore weekends like this one. 

We lack the quality, yet we've beaten the two teams above us?

Even after the Leeds and Wigan performances, we were still in the top two. After Forest, I'm sure we'll be there again. We aren't going to win every game

Yes but those wins were for nothing if we then follow it by losing to a team fighting for relegation.

We'll end the season as Champions. This team learns fast and they won't play as badly again.

We don't know that. If Bryson and Hendrick don't recapture their form, and if Keogh keeps giving away goals the same thing will keep happening.

We'll end the season as Champions. This team learns fast and they won't play as badly again.

They've played as bad, if not worse against Leeds, Wigan & Boro. We played poorly again yesterday and I didn't see our defeats to Charlton or Brentford so I can't comment on those.

We have the quality to finish top two and I fully expect us to beat Chesterfield with a partly rested side, then beat Blackburn in our next league game because we're very good at bouncing back. What we can't afford to do is to play like that again this season.

Why do people continually keep saying this , on what facts do you base your assumption , hope it is not the fact that we have beaten them both .

People kept saying it about Burnley last year. I think it was after game 44 they accepted Burnley weren't going to fall away.

Top two I reckon. We are inconsistent, but so are others around us. I think we have the best squad at the top end of the table especially with recent arrivals

Again having the best squad doesn't mean anything if you don't take your chances in the league,

If we sign a winger, a defensive mid on short term loan, and a central midfielder we should be fine.

How many more players, and the subsequent increase in wage bill, do we want though?

I bet we've added a dozen players to the squad since the summer and some of those will be earning a lot of cash. Add that to all the big contracts we gave Bryson, Hendrick etc, Sam Rush might baulk at Mac asking for more cash now.

There were obvious gaps in the squad last summer (back four in particular, that weren't addressed.

Get rid of a few fringe players, then ask the question again.

How many more players, and the subsequent increase in wage bill, do we want though?

I bet we've added a dozen players to the squad since the summer and some of those will be earning a lot of cash. Add that to all the big contracts we gave Bryson, Hendrick etc, Sam Rush might baulk at Mac asking for more cash now.

There were obvious gaps in the squad last summer (back four in particular, that weren't addressed.

Get rid of a few fringe players, then ask the question again.

It's not about what we want, it's what we need if we want automatic promotion.

If we want to risk it in the play offs by not strengthening any more then that's fine. But if we don't get promoted and then suffer the consequences people will be moaning saying 'Why didn't we do x'.

This is our time to fix things. If we don't then we are taking that risk.

It's not about what we want, it's what we need if we want automatic promotion.

If we want to risk it in the play offs by not strengthening any more then that's fine. But if we don't get promoted and then suffer the consequences people will be moaning saying 'Why didn't we do x'.

This is our time to fix things. If we don't then we are taking that risk.

One huge flaw in your thinking. You're taking it as fact that we have a problem. I'm looking at it from the point of view of 'I think we will get promoted, why risk that with unnecessary signings?'. Sure, strengthen like we have, but there's no need for rash decisions.

One huge flaw in your thinking. You're taking it as fact that we have a problem. I'm looking at it from the point of view of 'I think we will get promoted, why risk that with unnecessary signings?'. Sure, strengthen like we have, but there's no need for rash decisions.

We do have a problem. I'm not calling for rash decisions. We do need another winger and ideally a centre mid.

We need to replace Eustace -

We've played 26 league games. Eustace has started 13. The thirteen games that Eustace has started have yielded 28 points @ 2.15 ppg. The 13 games that Eustace hasn't started have produced 20 points @ 1.54 ppg. Over a season that gives 98.9 and 70.8. That is guaranteed champions vs just outside the play-offs.

We need to replace Eustace -

We've played 26 league games. Eustace has started 13. The thirteen games that Eustace has started have yielded 28 points @ 2.15 ppg. The 13 games that Eustace hasn't started have produced 20 points @ 1.54 ppg. Over a season that gives 98.9 and 70.8. That is guaranteed champions vs just outside the play-offs.

This.

Archived