A record broken

Phoenix

From the BBC website

QPR's dismal away form continued against relegation rivals Burnley, who made it 10 defeats in 10 away games this season for Harry Redknapp's side - a new Premier League record.

The gumps won't be happy. Anyway, it couldn't happen to a better team.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no wish to see QPR fail. They beat us fair and square in the sense they scored and we didn't - and they had ten men.

They did to us what we did to Forest. 

I am glad we didn't go up last year. We were no way near being ready for the Premiership and didn't have the money to get to that point.

I still think we would struggle with the current squad. Whilst yesterday wasn't pretty it did please me that we could win ugly against a side which was physically tougher than us.

I hope Raul will strengthen our central defence and whilst I like Forsyth and Christie's positive intent, they are both naive at times. We might need a concentration coach!

I think we will replace QPR at the end of the season and will get our 'revenge' that way. But that's football, not karma.

I have never liked QPR and never will. Wembley has got nothing to do with it. I just think they don't belong to the Premier and will be happy when they go down.

Why have you never liked them? Of course they belong in the Premier League as do Leicester and Burnley, same for the 3 that go up this season and so on

Bloody hell get over it! We lost at Wembley, so what? The constant bitter references to QPR makes us look so small time.

We're having a great season, winning loads of games sitting joint top, whilst they are paying

Why have you never liked them? Of course they belong in the Premier League as do Leicester and Burnley, same for the 3 that go up this season and so on

I don't know why. In the 70's, 80's and 90's I watched English football every Saturday and somehow I started to think that some clubs were likeble and others were not. In the mid 70's when I was a little kid I think the shirts made a big difference. Also the name of the Stadium or if one of my favourite players happened to play in that team. I was a big Alan Kennedy and Ray Clemence fan when I was about 7-12.

It's funny I still have pretty strong feelings who should play in Premier and that also comes from decades ago. For example Wolves for me will also be a "my Premier" team.

From the BBC website

QPR's dismal away form continued against relegation rivals Burnley, who made it 10 defeats in 10 away games this season for Harry Redknapp's side - a new Premier League record.

The gumps won't be happy. Anyway, it couldn't happen to a better team.

Apparently, the record was held by Bolton, 19 years ago. Who'd a thunk it.

Archived