Promotion rivals watch

Kernow

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting that Birmingham are now closer to the top 6 than the relegation zone.

Not saying they'll reach the top six - there are others who will capitalise on someone slipping up. But they're ones to watch in terms of taking points from our rivals.

Jeff Stelling when looking at the Championship table on Gillette Soccer Special just now:

"Bournemouth lose but none of the other teams could take advantage"

I'd say winning the close the gap from three points to only goal difference is taking advantage. Only Ipswich could have leap-frogged them so I'd say we took advantage pretty well..

Jeff Stelling when looking at the Championship table on Gillette Soccer Special just now:

"Bournemouth lose but none of the other teams could take advantage"

I'd say winning the close the gap from three points to only goal difference is taking advantage. Only Ipswich could have leap-frogged them so I'd say we took advantage pretty well..

We were the big winners in the whole of the top half today

You can't really look at individual matches and say "That cost us xyz" - because anyone can beat anyone in a one-off. Play Wigan at home 10 times and (at this moment in time) we would probably win 7, draw a couple and lose 1. You could equally look at Ipswich away and say the same 10 games would finish w3-d4-l3 - you win some, you lose some.

I think Wigan were superb that day. You can't really do much about it when the other team simply has their best game of the season.

That said, Leeds United were dire against us and managed to beat us 2-0. That defeat hurt most, as it's a game we should have won.

They're utter carp.

Remember those fans who came on here betting they would claim more points than us from that moment on until the rest of the season?

Since that loss we've taken 13 points from six matches, Leeds have taken just two.

Ipswich looked poor again last night v Southampton. Again had an early chance (offside goal - debatable) then offered very little and Southampton were comfortable without really testing their keeper. Much like our game against them. McGoldrick limped off in the second half so I'm not sure how long he's out for but the guy they brought on, Bajner, looked dreadful so if he's their only replacement then hopefully they may struggle a bit in the next few games.

The Ipswich basing is harsh.

They've been put together on a shoe-string budget and currently lie in 3rd place in the Championship and previously drew 1-1 at Southampton - a place where Sunderland lost 8-0!

What are you expecting? Yes they have a particular style that rubs up the wrong way, but it's clearly working and so far more so than the likes of Boro and Watford who are attempting to play a pass and move style.

Wasn't long ago that Derby looked utterly clueless when we lost 0-2 at home to Stoke City in the FA Cup. We didn't even have a shot on goal that game, let alone take them to a replay.

And I bet that squad cost far more to put together than the current Ipswich one.

Archived