What becomes of the brokenhearted?

sage

It's a fairly complicated situation but yeah, I was drunk. I'm too much of a pussy to do it sober. It was more of a Dutch courage situation though rather than a drunken ramble.

Was she drunk? Probably a little.

I'm glad I told her but I didn't really get the outcome I wanted. Either she says yes, and we live happily ever after. Or she says no, and I can move on. Unfortunately, it was basically a no and I still can't move on

Tough mate how love works.You really seem to love this girl and I applaud you for not giving in.However,your emotional wellbeing is really being affected by this mate and I hope something positive with her works out for your own sake.

If it is meant to happen it will.If not...take heed in the fact she knows how you feel and their is someome else for you.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This post isn't about me.

There's a girl/woman I've known since around 2006/2007. She was 24 at the time and had been with her partner for about  7 years, having known him since school.

Over the next 2 years or so, whenever there was a night out another friend of hers, who she also knew from school would turn up.

He was and is friends with other people who were out, but it was a bit of a nuissance - he'd constantly be pestering her, some seemingly unwanted physical attention, hardly paying any attention to anyone else and generally just being a pain in the arse to have around, obsessed with her, in love with her, though I don't think owt had ever happened.

She split with the bloke she had been with for 9 years... but then went on a holiday and met some Australian bloke on a cruise, before going to live with him in Australia for a bit. Obviously in that time I never saw the irritating bloke.

That ended and she moved back in 2012, nights out started up again and the pest was back around.

What's the point in this story?  Well the girl and 'pest' got engaged earlier this year

He's been obsessed with her for 14 years! Persistent stalking works!

(This was not really an advisory post! Don't be a sex pest!)

This post isn't about me.

There's a girl/woman I've known since around 2006/2007. She was 24 at the time and had been with her partner for about  7 years, having known him since school.

Over the next 2 years or so, whenever there was a night out another friend of hers, who she also knew from school would turn up.

He was and is friends with other people who were out, but it was a bit of a nuissance - he'd constantly be pestering her, some seemingly unwanted physical attention, hardly paying any attention to anyone else and generally just being a pain in the arse to have around, obsessed with her, in love with her, though I don't think owt had ever happened.

She split with the bloke she had been with for 9 years... but then went on a holiday and met some Australian bloke on a cruise, before going to live with him in Australia for a bit. Obviously in that time I never saw the irritating bloke.

That ended and she moved back in 2012, nights out started up again and the pest was back around.

What's the point in this story?  Well the girl and 'pest' got engaged earlier this year

He's been obsessed with her for 14 years! Persistent stalking works!

(This was not really an advisory post! Don't be a sex pest!)

I'm happy for you lover boy. ;):D

Hah, if only.

I also meant to say, it's all fine now he's with her - I've got to know him quite well and they make a good couple.

Meanwhile, I've not been attracted to anyone for the past 3 and a half years.

I don't mean I can't objectively look at someone and say "she's attractive" I mean I've not been attracted to a person (nor any cars, blow up dolls, soft furnishings or anything else you sick sausages could come up with) in that time.

http://stoney.bandcamp.com/track/albatross-3

"I got lost in the tempest, I'm drowning in doubt.
Tossed by the rapids, my last hope devoured.
My will has surrendered, my soul a slave,
to the raging waves,

Because I stopped believing it could change..."

Hah, if only.

I also meant to say, it's all fine now he's with her - I've got to know him quite well and they make a good couple.

I don't mean I can't objectively look at someone and say "she's attractive" I mean I've not been attracted to a person (nor any cars, blow up dolls, soft furnishings or anything else you sick sausages) in that time.

Have you sniffed any bike seats ?

I don't mean I can't objectively look at someone and say "she's attractive" I mean I've not been attracted to a person (nor any cars, blow up dolls, soft furnishings or anything else you sick sausages could come up with) in that time.

http://stoney.bandcamp.com/track/albatross-3

"I got lost in the tempest, I'm drowning in doubt.

Tossed by the rapids, my last hope devoured.

My will has surrendered, my soul a slave,

to the raging waves,

Because I stopped believing it could change..."

Your attitude will just make it all the more sweeter when you do finally find "her". It's gonna blow you away dude, look forward to it...  ;)

Girls are very strange. They give u all the signs and when u show you're interested they go away

Play hard to get, that's what I did.

Or don't chase girls who play stupid games like that, your choice. I prefer the latter if I'm honest with ya,

Any prospects at Uni mate?

No, I already have a girlfriend away from Uni. She's on the same line of thought as you though, desperately worried that my head will be turned elsewhere by someone at Uni or someone on a night out during the supposed "madness" of student life...

Really, I just sit in my flat on Football Manager, there's no madness for me. I don't even go out! Not even to mention that I wouldn't do that to her. Silly lass.

No, I already have a girlfriend away from Uni. She's on the same line of thought as you though, desperately worried that my head will be turned elsewhere by someone at Uni or someone on a night out during the supposed "madness" of student life...

Really, I just sit in my flat on Football Manager, there's no madness for me. I don't even go out! Not even to mention that I wouldn't do that to her. Silly lass.

Are you talking about Yorkie again?! Listen, I don't think he's that into you lad, I don't get that vibe. To call him your GF is a bit premature. He didn't even join in quiz last week. I think he was trying to avoid you. Just saying.

Are you talking about Yorkie again?! Listen, I don't think he's that into you lad, I don't get that vibe. To call him your GF is a bit premature. He didn't even join in quiz last week. I think he was trying to avoid you. Just saying.

I think you're just jealous that I've moved on from your juvenile flirting games with me. Girls always want what they can't have...

See rammyboy? This is what I mean, don't let them play silly games with you!

if we could pick the people we fall in love with, I wouldn't have picked one so far out of my league that I can't even persuade her to go for a coffee! It's just the way of the world I'm afraid. Human Nature. "I want the one I can't have... and it's driving me mad.."

if we could pick the people we fall in love with, I wouldn't have picked one so far out of my league that I can't even persuade her to go for a coffee! It's just the way of the world I'm afraid. Human Nature. "I want the one I can't have... and it's driving me mad.."

Bloody hell...where have you been?

Archived