Fulham v Derby County

Carl Sagan

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok a few pointers:

- Our distrubtion from the back has been awful.

- Mascarell is far better than Eustace when it comes to forward passing and ball control - though his error was poor

- Dawkins is a central midfielder. If he plays in our midfield three, he would be our arguably best player. His ball control, movement, passing, first touch etc. is Premier League standard. He's brilliant, but so wasted out wide.

- Bryson offers nothing. He runs and is good at finishing. This season his goals have dried up therefore he has simply become a headless chicken. What is his purpose? He is bang average. Dawkins HAS to take his place - why can't McClaren see that?

- We don't offer enough pressure on opposition's defence. So many goals at Championship level come from basic mistakes at the back, like ours tonight. If we offer a high pressure, we'll get far more success because other than Bournemouth there isn't another team in the Championship that can get from one area to the other with the ball played along the floor.

- Hendrick has been shockingly bad in possession.

- Christie's crossing has been woeful.

Ok a few pointers:

- Our distrubtion from the back has been awful.

- Mascarell is far better than Eustace when it comes to forward passing and ball control - though his error was poor

- Dawkins is a central midfielder. If he plays in our midfield three, he would be our arguably best player. His ball control, movement, passing, first touch etc. is Premier League standard. He's brilliant, but so wasted out wide.

- Bryson offers nothing. He runs and is good at finishing. This season his goals have dried up therefore he has simply become a headless chicken. What is his purpose? He is bang average. Dawkins HAS to take his place - why can't McClaren see that?

- We don't offer enough pressure on opposition's defence. So many goals at Championship level come from basic mistakes at the back, like ours tonight. If we offer a high pressure, we'll get far more success because other than Bournemouth there isn't another team in the Championship that can get from one area to the other with the ball played along the floor.

- Hendrick has been shockingly bad in possession.

- Christie's crossing has been woeful.

Ur wasted on this forum , u should be a manager , oh dear

Awful errors, Forsyth has got far too complacent or else has totally lost all confidence, not sure which, but all he seems to do now is drop his shoulder and pass backwards to the keeper time and time again or give it away.

It wasn't as if he was even under pressure, had plenty of options in front of him but has just got into a rut of doing the same negative thing, hopefully this will stop him doing it and make him more positive again, but he seems as though he cant pass to a Derby man for toffee, easily the most disappointing player this time around after his form last season.

Plus laughable second goal too, just basic lack of control from Mascarell, even Keogh tried to gift them one before that!

Stroke of luck to get the pen or would have been virtually out of it.

Apart from regular suicidal moments that are quite uncharacteristic really it's been ok. Not great but ok. Mascarell (again apart from being involved in suicidal act #4) has been open and positive at all times.

Forsyth isn't playing well. Couple of unnecessary hoofs and obviously the pass.

The pace of our play is good. The options are there but just sloppy passes sneaking in have killed us in that half. We've had chances.

Bryson and Hendrick need to make sure they're doing enough in the final third. First two thirds they're hungry for the ball. Out of possession they're hungry for the ball. In that final third they seem too happy to spectate and back play up.

Not bad apart from the 4 suicidal moves.

Russell should have a goal to his name

Great atmosphere for a while here,singing our usual stuff, how fulham play here is a mystery, their fans are crap.. s till forsythe gave the ball away... then silence, then back on song, then Roos played to Omar who had men on all 3 sides !! and that fooked it !! we were all stunned ???

But as it xmas come early here, they gave us a goal back, couldnt see what happened, but hand ball apparently, and Chrissy did the rest :)

Bring on the subs, for me Bryson and Hendrick have been awful..

Great atmosphere for a while here,singing our usual stuff, how fulham play here is a mystery, their fans are crap.. s till forsythe gave the ball away... then silence, then back on song, then Roos played to Omar who had men on all 3 sides !! and that fooked it !! we were all stunned ???

But as it xmas come early here, they gave us a goal back, couldnt see what happened, but hand ball apparently, and Chrissy did the rest :)

Bring on the subs, for me Bryson and Hendrick have been awful..

Blatant hand ball.

Ur wasted on this forum , u should be a manager , oh dear

Not so much a manager. But one of my strengths on football knowledge is highlighting strengths/weaknesses and knowing how to improve that.

Your friend Bryson is bang average. One good season last year and now he's back down to his normal standard of offering nothing.

I was disappointed when we didn't sell him to Burnley and now I'm genuinely upset how he gets in at CM ahead of a far superior player in Dawkins.

Take the errors out of it and there wasn't really anything inherently wrong with the performance.

If we win this and we flick back through these pages, some of these comments are going to look very stupid.

Chill. This is what it's like watching a Championship side trying to play football. You go through spells like this...

What has Buxton done to be called sausage. For me he hasn't made a mistake,misplaced a pass or missed a tackle

I agree. Buxton is the only defender for me that hasn't made a mistake, yet. 

He made a beautiful pass to Christie, too. We've missed that dearly. 

No matter how good you think Bryson is, it's fairly obvious that Dawkins is a much better player than him. People have been asking for him to play centrally for a while and I'm starting to agree with them.

Get Ward back fit, then move Dawkins to CM.

Archived