Ticket Spot Checks

Srg

A child can use an adult ticket yes, but don't ask if you get money back in the same was you have to pay for an upgrade, as strangely, it don't work that way.

I think all seats should be the same price like on an airplane.

I know somebody who has never flown

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh right, I'm sure easy jet don't give you a reduction if a child is in the seat?

My bad.

I thought that you meant demand-based pricing - but even though you are not, a quick internet search reveals that many airlines charge between 60 and 70% of the adult fare for children. I can't speak for EasyJet though, because I don't go to Marbella, Torremolinos or Kos.

Book early, get them cheaper - just like at Derby. Far better than waiting to see if your mate's going on holiday so you can borrow his kid's season ticket then sneak in without paying the extra, like the cheapskates do.

I have no problem whatsoever with the club doing two for the price of one, special offers, kids for a quid or even letting people in for free - but I have a huge problem with adult 'fans' who think that it is their right to sneak in using a kids' ticket.

I think people knew what I meant?

Unless derby do demand based pricing that makes a child ticket the same as an adult if you book on the day?

Seeing as though you were wrong over airline prices, what's the chances that you would be right with anything else?

Your credibility went out of the window faster than Tyrone Mears.

:p

thats what you're supposed to do mate.

What if you meet this friendly dude in a pub, let's say in the pointy room for example, and he gives you a ticket and ushers you through the turnstiles and you find yourself in these great seats. What are you supposed to do then ? Oh and let's pretend that you are also dumb as a post foreigner who doesn't kow any better.

I suppose they're legally required to announce they're doing checks?

If not then I don't see why they announce it as it just makes it easier to avoid.

They don't have enough staff, and they don't have the time, to check every turnstile

As you can enter through any turnstile in the correct stand the people doing this are both aware there is a check and able to avoid it with ease .

They might catch a few oblivious idiots, but people looking to cheat the system generally aren't oblivious...

Seeing as though you were wrong over airline prices, what's the chances that you would be right with anything else?

Your credibility went out of the window faster than Tyrone Mears.

:p

i don't even know why I'm bothered?

Damn you.

I know a bloke who took his eldest son on his youngest sons season ticket (free) as his youngest son wasn't bothered.  Until Wembley -  :angry:  when he wanted to go - so his dad, had to buy a season ticket for the eldest one, for this season. Still 5hite but eases my pain that we didn't go up, with all the people that bought season tickets thinking they were going to watch Premier football this season.

Bitter? Still?  Moi? 

I suppose they're legally required to announce they're doing checks?

If not then I don't see why they announce it as it just makes it easier to avoid.

They don't have enough staff, and they don't have the time, to check every turnstile

As you can enter through any turnstile in the correct stand the people doing this are both aware there is a check and able to avoid it with ease .

They might catch a few oblivious idiots, but people looking to cheat the system generally aren't oblivious...

Answered your own question. They will check as many as they can but they are sending out a warning that they will be checking so nobody tries to take a gamble on it.

Lets face it, they aren't catching master criminals. This isn't a sting operation. They're just telling everyone "don't bother risking it, because we will be checking and if you get caught then it just won't have been worth the hassle". Most people will heed the warning.

I thought that you meant demand-based pricing - but even though you are not, a quick internet search reveals that many airlines charge between 60 and 70% of the adult fare for children. I can't speak for EasyJet though, because I don't go to Marbella, Torremolinos or Kos.

Book early, get them cheaper - just like at Derby. Far better than waiting to see if your mate's going on holiday so you can borrow his kid's season ticket then sneak in without paying the extra, like the cheapskates do.

I have no problem whatsoever with the club doing two for the price of one, special offers, kids for a quid or even letting people in for free - but I have a huge problem with adult 'fans' who think that it is their right to sneak in using a kids' ticket.

I fall into the young adult category currently which is a brilliant category for the club to have especially as it covers the time people usually spend at uni. Next year I won't be in the young adult category. I could probably afford the quite steep difference in price however what about people who can't? Would it not be better to have them in the ground on a young adult ticket, buying a couple of beers and maybe a pie inside the ground? Or would you say to the fan "tough"?

You're very fortunate (I'd imagine through hard work over a long period of time) to be able to afford two adults full season tickets and away days, some aren't as fortunate and I'd feel it a shame that someone would have to stop going because they went up a category and it no longer became feasible.

I mean unless you can guarantee the season ticket will be bought by a full adult it is well worth the club having a young adult season ticket sat in the seat? 

Obviously those adults who buy a junior junior season ticket but sit there kitted out in

Bit different to gaining entry using a 'wrong' ticket, but............................At the home game against Bournemouth this season, I was in the concourse about half an hour before KO. I was standing in line with the turnstiles, with my coffee, and watching all the different styles of how people were trying to get the tickets to work with the new style scanner! Then, I saw a couple together, maybe early 20's, and she was first with him behind. He pulled her into him, scanned one ticket, and they burst through together.

Now, If someone told me this, I'd doubt it was possible. They were not big, but were not especially small either. They walked right passed me after getting in, and just looked as though it is what they always do. Me and my Mrs would never be able to do it that is for sure!

Archived