Tattoo

AmericanRam

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really glad I decided against a tattoo.

I wouldn't have been allowed in the swimming pools here in Japan or the onsens for that matter.

If my kids want one later in their lives, I shall do everything I can to try and dissuade them.

Horrible things.

Got a couple of stars on my left inner arm...

Chinese symbol from way back when.... On my right upper arm

Blazing sun on my left upper arm.

And the words.... If you can't remember, it didn't really happen.... On my right inner arm.... In Greek

I once asked my dad why men had tattoos, and he said that it was to either make them look that they were hard or at least not homosexual. This was well before the time young ladies started to de-womanise themselves. Still not really sure why anyone would want to brand themselves, but hey ho we are all different.

I once asked my dad why men had tattoos, and he said that it was to either make them look that they were hard or at least not homosexual. This was well before the time young ladies started to de-womanise themselves. Still not really sure why anyone would want to brand themselves, but hey ho we are all different.

De-womanise? Lol. Behave now.

I'm more worried about feminisation. Ladies have been brainwashed by Disney and **** music and know that they can get what they want from men. Meanwhile, men have gone soft.

No opinion an tattoos, I had them but can see why people don't like them. I never have mine on show at work.

Q.  What's the difference between people with tattoo's and those without ?

A.   People with tattoo's don't have an opinion on those without, nor do they post tripe about them either, I hasten to add.  :)

It's a view EHR, and I kind of accept the tripe comment, but the position you represent is not quite as black and white as you suggest. I have no problem with people having complete freedom to do what they like with their own bodies, including having tattoos. Not my cup of tea, but notwithstanding I can see why men might want to have them from a "manly" point of view, and indeed there are clearly primeval urges in us, stemming from face and body painting in the caveman days. I also can see that tattoos on rippling young male bodies might be attractive to some, but yet you don't see too many great tattoos on guys who are now say 60 plus, and more sag than muscle. Can't however see the argument for a woman though wanting to look like a docker, which too big a number do, or say an attractive woman like Cheryl Cole wanting to embellish her body with a mural. Again, I can perhaps more understand a cheeky butterfly on the ass cheek, but anyway I digress. The point you make though is that people with tattoos don't have an opinion on those who don't. Utter squit in truth. So many youngsters today, including my two kids who are 19 and 22, are put under tremendous pressure from tattooed mates and acquaintances urging them to have tattoos done, or parts of their bodies pierced, because it's hip and cool, and don't be a wimp, and you can't be in our gang, etc. At least with smoking my kids can think in a few years time this is stupid, I only started smoking because I was under peer pressure, and might stop and be unaffected. Not so easy getting rid of a stupid tattoo that you have been talked into.

Can't however see the argument for a woman though wanting to look like a docker, which too big a number do, or say an attractive woman like Cheryl Cole wanting to embellish her body with a mural. Again, I can perhaps more understand a cheeky butterfly on the ass cheek, but anyway I digress.

That cheeky butterfly on the ass will look more like a Pterodactyl after they've had their kids and given up trying to make the husband happy.

I wonder how many mugs are wandering around with the words "ugly foreigner" written on their bodies in Chinese.

It's an individuals choice.

You want one, get one.

If you don't, then don't.

Don't bow to peer pressure to get one, or be put off by people who don't like them, cos both are a pain in the arse.

My tattoos are very personal to me and personally I couldn't care less if someone else doesn't like them. That's their problem, not mine.

I don't go about moaning at someone who doesn't have one, so why pass judgement on people (or women in particular) who do?

It's an individuals choice.

You want one, get one.

If you don't, then don't.

Don't bow to peer pressure to get one, or be put off by people who don't like them, cos both are a pain in the arse.

My tattoos are very personal to me and personally I couldn't care less if someone else doesn't like them. That's their problem, not mine.

I don't go about moaning at someone who doesn't have one, so why pass judgement on people (or women in particular) who do?

Did you type this with a hammer LadyRam? I fear you are taking my post(s) personally. Don't. I agree it is an individual's choice at the end of the day whether anyone has a tattoo, and I also think it is an individual's choice whether anyone has an opinion on the matter.

I think the lady doth protest too much. Either that or tattoo ink causes an inability to read / understand. If you want to quote me, quote me correctly.

Never said women with tattoos are dockers, I said I can't see why a women would want to look like a docker, which too big a number do.

Never said women with tattoos are not feminine either. I said young ladies defeminise themselves meaning that they divest themselves of some feminine quality (by having large or unladylike images inked into them).

Archived