Grzegorz Rasiak

AmericanRam

From official DCFC site:

Grzegorz Rasiak says that he will always hold a special place in his heart for Derby County after he returned to the Club last month on a flying visit.

The tall Polish striker joined the Rams just over a decade ago as something of unknown quantity from Dyskobolia Grodzisk Wielkopolski on a free transfer, but went on to be the spearhead of the Derby side that finished fourth in the Championship.

Play-Off heartbreak followed for Derby and Rasiak, who scored 16 goals in 35 games en route to the semi-final stage before moving on to Tottenham Hotspur the following campaign.

Before the Rams, though, Rasiak had been unable to settle into life in Italy and took a gamble with his career as he ventured outside of his homeland to prove himself as a footballer.

It was a move to the Rams that gave him the break he needed; a move that he regards to this day as

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never liked him. You know how you just can't take to players? There's been a few and he was one.

My memory is dodgy but I thought he couldn't pack his bags quick enough when it came to leaving? Probably be wrong though.

I never liked him. You know how you just can't take to players? There's been a few and he was one.

My memory is dodgy but I thought he couldn't pack his bags quick enough when it came to leaving? Probably be wrong though.

You actually saw him play mate, so no arguments from me.  I just read on fan's perspectives just through old articles but from what I gathered most saw him as being pretty valuable and quite good when he was here.  I understand not taking to players. I am a huge Carolina basketball fan and they have had several players who I have really disliked...but of course still cheered them on.

Brilliant one day, frustrating the next.

His penalty miss was an aful moment both for player and club, and his crying afterwards showed how much it meant to him not to reach the Premier League at that moment.

He jumped at the chance to leave, but given the situation at the time, any sane footballer wanting Premier League football and a better contract would.

I hold nothing against him, and that fabulous goal against Stoke plus his two against Forest still live long in the memory.

You actually saw him play mate, so no arguments from me. ;)

People loved him. He was poacher.

I'd sort of compare him to Bamford (not in playing style) in that when he was playing you believed you had a better chance of scoring than when he wasn't even if he'd been quiet for the game.

I probably just didn't appreciate him in the same way some don't appreciate Martin.

It was the time of Murdo Mackay. While it looked like Rasiak packed his bags quickly, we probably just accepted the first offer that came in, like Huddlestone a year earlier.

For me, Rasiak was very similar to Martin with his hold up and link play. Not as quick with his feet, but more than made that up in the air. He was hot and cold, but that was probably because the only creative player we had was Idiakez and he was more enigmatic than most.

To summarise, find me an exact replica of Rasiak for today's team and I would be very happy. We would have a genuine plan b striker and plan b options.

Superb player for us that season - my abiding memory is of his role in the absolute demolition of the Dogs at our place. Shame it ended the way it did that season.

Wasn't he sold on deadline day, with no time for replacement? Phil Brown was doomed from that moment onwards.

It was the time of Murdo Mackay. While it looked like Rasiak packed his bags quickly, we probably just accepted the first offer that came in, like Huddlestone a year earlier.

For me, Rasiak was very similar to Martin with his hold up and link play. Not as quick with his feet, but more than made that up in the air. He was hot and cold, but that was probably because the only creative player we had was Idiakez and he was more enigmatic than most.

To summarise, find me an exact replica of Rasiak for today's team and I would be very happy. We would have a genuine plan b striker and plan b options.

Exactly, the sale was solely down to MM, not Rasiak.

This was around the time that the club were offering players (Lee Camp etc) to all and sundry.

Never underestimate how close the 3 amigos came to destroying our club.

Archived