Kris Commons linked - Sun

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And this is the one thing i detest about footballers, they all expect to become millionaires by the time they retire at 35 and not go out and get another job!!. WHY???.

The average man would have to work 10 years doing 39-40hr weeks to earn what Rooney earns in less than a week.

Why would you if a club offers to pay you insane amounts of money so you never have to work?

And this is the one thing i detest about footballers, they all expect to become millionaires by the time they retire at 35 and not go out and get another job!!. WHY???.

The average man would have to work 10 years doing 39-40hr weeks to earn what Rooney earns in less than a week.

Why not? Unless they're a saint, they're not going to say "no, too much" when offered a hundred grand a week... yes it's a shame that football has got this way but it's not the players' faults.

My heart is saying Yes, my head is saying No.

Not quite sure where he'd fit in the current team, we'd have to completely overhaul our formation. He'd be on big wages. I'd rather the likes of Calero be geting a chance rather than a 31 year old who would just be coming for a pay day. A great player on his day, but I think we have players in the set up who are capable of achieving greater things than he ever did.

My heart is saying Yes, my head is saying No.

Not quite sure where he'd fit in the current team, we'd have to completely overhaul our formation. He'd be on big wages. I'd rather the likes of Calero be geting a chance rather than a 31 year old who would just be coming for a pay day. A great player on his day, but I think we have players in the set up who are capable of achieving greater things than he ever did.

True enough mate.  The main thing I have heard from Celtic forums and other sources is that Commons absolutely does not fit in with Deila and his style: i.e. he is not fast enough, and also he is too lazy.  Which I agree that Commons is pretty stocky for footballer but that is fine with me, look at Martin. At the end of the day, if he does go somewhere else, I don't see it being us. I don't believe he is as lazy and unfit as Celtic fans are saying, I think they are just upset with the mediocre start they have had to their season.

With that being said, I would take him back if his wages were reasonable,but don't see it happening.

PistoldPete2

If he goes anywhere it will be Premier league,anyway we need a back-up striker first.If

Martin gets clobbered,we are in shtuck.

Commons could be a good call. Playing instead of Ward or Russell or Ibe or Dawkins. Cutting inside too weve got two flying full backs anyway. Improve our set piece play. And a bit more quality of final ball. We would have 5 players going for 2 places which is a bit OTT but we usually end up using 3 anyway plus Best who hasnt offered much .  

Commons absolutely does not fit in with Deila and his style: i.e. he is not fast enough, and also he is too lazy.  Which I agree that Commons is pretty stocky for footballer.

Some might say he is solid rather than stocky.

That boy Kris Commons makes Forest look *****.

But if I am honest I don't really want him back he was a good player in an average team back when we had him but it seems that Commons is only in it for Commons don't think he would fit in with our current mold and I imagine he wouldn't be cheap wage wise either.

PistoldPete2

Let WBA or anyone else have him.. In my opinion he will go to the club that pays him the most, plus simular type to Ward, plays a few then needs rest for hamstring problems

Yes but maybe we can get two fit hamstrings between them.

Kris is a good enough player for the Championship.

I really don't see how he would fit in the present excellent Derby County team without throwing it a little off balance.

That said, we also have an excellent management team who know what they are about.

So I, for one, am prepared to trust their judgment and leave decisions about Commons, and any other players, in their capable hands.

Archived