Quietly confident...

SellyIOM

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some absolute gold in this thread. I may bookmark it for future reference...

Bookmark it. This is it for us, the best team we've this side of the millenium. We'll have a few slip ups every now and again, but we're going up. 

Along with Barcelona winning the Champions League in 2011, I've never been so sure about anything football related in such a long time.

The buzz is back, and when Thorne returns in the Spring, it will just top off a glorious season for the Rams.

Going Up!

Well this thread is going to be comic gold if it all goes tits up..

But it you're all so right, can you predict my lottery numbers?

Only way I can see us not being promoted is a long-term injury to Chris Martin.

Have you not seen how bang average this league is?

Just seems apart from Norwich there isn't another settled team in the league to challenge us.

You can categorise some clubs as:

On the rise but one season away from really challenging top two - Boro, Forest, Ipswich, Watford, Wolves

Expensively assembled but many problems, playoffs at best - Cardiff, Blackburn, Fulham

Improved from last season but midtable and flirt with playoffs at best - Sheff Wed, Charlton, Bournemouth

Teams with potential to do well but won't ever threaten top two - Wigan, Brighton, Reading

Teams with no hopes of a top six spot - Rohterham, Brentford, Huddersfield, Bolton, Brum, Blackpool

Where do Derby fall into the top lot? We've a stage beyond the 'on the rise' part and whilst we may look at the top group as having good XI's, our squad on the whole is better and we'll simply have more consistancy over these teams.

I've seen enough so far to suggest we'll lose very little if any games at home, whilst we have goals in us to win away from home. Do Forest or Wolves? I'd say no.

I just don't see Forest, Wolves or Watford for instance gaining over 80 points whereas I'd be massively shocked if we don't.

Out of all the teams in this league - how many have the ability to win five or six on the bounce? Us and who else?

Ironic when some sections of your support think the league has been won already...

I think a quick look on our message board would change that opinion.

I'm not saying you won't get promoted but some of the comments in this thread are classic.

I'm not saying you won't get promoted but some of the comments in this thread are classic.

That's because your fans are fickle.

4 wins and you're going to boss the league, 3 no score draws and now you won't make play offs. Can't wait for meltdown if you lose to Ipswich tomorrow. 

That's because your fans are fickle.

4 wins and you're going to boss the league, 3 no score draws and now you won't make play offs. Can't wait for meltdown if you lose to Ipswich tomorrow.

Surely you can spot the irony in you saying that about other teams fans in this thread?

Surely you can spot the irony in you saying that about other teams fans in this thread?

Not other teams... just Forest.  :)

FYI the majority have thought promotion is on the cards before the season started and have kept that thought all of this season too. I think the latest level of optimism is that we are only second gear and yet at the top end of the table.

When we hit top form, someone is going to get a spanking.

I don't disagree (about you) but you'll probably find all football fans react the same to runs of wins and losses. Wolves were booed off at half time the other night!

The only supporters I've ever seen not do it is your lot during the Clough years after the club trained its fans to believe that mid-table each year was good progress.

I don't disagree (about you) but you'll probably find all football fans react the same to runs of wins and losses. Wolves were booed off at half time the other night!

The only supporters I've ever seen not do it is your lot during the Clough years after the club trained its fans to believe that mid-table each year was good progress.

Haha Touche

Good progress for a couple of years was being able to recognise the 11 out on the pitch and wearing a cardboard Rams mask.

We've been really consistent for so long now, with the same players, playing the same way.

As Bris said, it's hard to see how that will come undone. The loss of Thorne rocked the boat but we still look good, and if comes back for the final 1/4 and plays like he did before then I just don't see how we cannot get promoted. 

You are Arab Overlord and I claim my 5 Dinars

Archived