Conspiracy Theories

AmericanRam

Taking into account the thread about the Paranormal, I thought this would be a hotly discussed one as well. The following is the world's top 15 conspiracy theories according to this website. Do you personally believe any of them? Or think they are all garbage and utter tripe? I for one feel that basically all of them are pretty stupid and laughable. Feel free to discuss more than just these mentioned.

http://guardianlv.com/2014/03/the-worlds-top-15-conspiracy-theories-of-all-time/

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only ones I have questions about are JFK and Diana as you said Cisse, and perhaps the one about Shakespeare. His education and personality from what I have read did not match up with his works.

I'll add some iformation later about these case when I'm more alert. And not watching Frasier.

One of our teachers at school (a long time ago!) gave a very convincing theory that Marlowe wrote Shakespear's works. It was all in a book he read, which I subsequently got out of the library. There are several quite sound reasons put forward which convince me to this day.

However, it's in the interests of Britain's economy as a whole, and Stratford in particular, to denounce any theory.

As for the moon landing, how come the flag didn't droop in the airless atmosphere, and why did those graticules keep appearing and disappearing on the filming. Speed up the 'moon walk' * 2 and they're jogging.

Only ones I have questions about are JFK and Diana as you said Cisse, and perhaps the one about Shakespeare. His education and personality from what I have read did not match up with his works.

The Shakespeare one is nothing but elitist claptrap from emotionally stunted toffs who simply cannot understand how a normal person could express themselves so clearly. Slubberdegullions all of them.

As for the moon landing, how come the flag didn't droop in the airless atmosphere, and why did those graticules keep appearing and disappearing on the filming. Speed up the 'moon walk' * 2 and they're jogging.

Right

- The flag was designed with a rail along the top to hold it in place

-The motion of the astronauts sticking it into the ground made the waving effect, with no atmosphere the motion kept going for longer

- Comparative video footage attempting to recreate moon walking on earth does not match that in the video

Stuart Lee once said compared with creating the illusion of the moon landings, and keeping that illusion going for almost half a century, with all the people involved sticking to the story, it would be easier to actually land men on the moon. Which is what happened.

It is one of the greatest achievements of our species. I wonder what motives the conspiracy theorists have for perpetuating their nonsense.

Archived