Banter

Tombo

There are some right nutjobs on Twitter, I just ignore them. All they want is a bite to prove what arrogant, empty headed keyboard warriors they are. Not worth the aggro and the indegestion.

I can concur regarding nutjobs on twitter.... But that will be another story I will share in the pointy room at some point....

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate the word ''banter'' - it really grates me. 

As for what he said, well yeah, he is correct. Football causes extreme emotions in every strong supporter but I guess it's how you deal with it. Me, personally, I do get irate and frustrated when we lose because they shouldn't be doing such **** things and losing to **** teams. However, all it usually takes is a night out and some greasy food to put me back on track, 

If you type #DCFC into twitter now, I would care to bet it's Derby and Forest fans talking about attendances, ticket allocations and who has the better team. It's the same tiresome, uneducated, responses every time. 

Football fans, by and large, are stupid ******* idiots. The bigger the fanbase, the larger number of idiots. And, as said, these are often people that don't even go to the games. 

Can't stand it, the same goes for "Lads" i find cringe-worthy, something a 14 year old boy would say.

I think what Jason has written is bang on. Banter should be a bit of knock about fun - it really is only a game (even if it is one we love so much).

I think the problem is more with sausageter and social media than specifically being just about football. We've all read and heard about cyber bullying, well for me it's the same thing - mindless cowards hiding behind the anonymity that social media offers and being vile with free abandon. Not nice, not big and definitely not clever - and that's just the ****** posting the hateful comments.

I think what Jason has written is bang on. Banter should be a bit of knock about fun - it really is only a game (even if it is one we love so much).

I think the problem is more with sausageter and social media than specifically being just about football. We've all read and heard about cyber bullying, well for me it's the same thing - mindless cowards hiding behind the anonymity that social media offers and being vile with free abandon. Not nice, not big and definitely not clever - and that's just the ****** posting the hateful comments.

Completely agree.... I've been on the receiving end.... But a bit more stalkerish....

A while back, in the days of myspace, the band I was in had somehow acquired two Scottish female fans from the remote north! We chatted a fair bit and a cousin of one of them started chatting to us online. Anyway, one day this cousin started an msn chat with me, threatened to come and beat me up, saying he knew where I lived and would be waiting for me when I came home from school, he even me sent a picture of the bottom of the lane where I got off the bus!! Now I knew he was up in Scotland and had no reason to fear but I did not fecking like it one bit. I blocked and deleted him straight off. It freaked me out for a while.

But that is the thing, it is so easy to threaten, to be a cock, to generally upset people online. I just don't see why people think they can be nasty under the guise of banter. It is an excuse to be a **** and I am sick of it. Bring back witty humour!

I read something the other day like 'twitter has made me like people I don't know - and facebook has made me hate people I do'

which just about sums it up tbh.

I did have someone threaten to come round to my house once - he posted a lot of stuff about me, personal details etc (not on here I hasten to add), I just told him to tell me when he was coming, I'd bake a cake.  I have my facebook on private and have only just 'unlocked' my twitter, it was a long time ago now - there are some reet ***** in this world. 

Really?  :o  Blimey. Who would have thought.... :)

Touche

Xx

Archived