did our second half performance show why hendrick is our most important player?

Sexydadbod

When people talk about our most important player they often say Buxton martin or bryson but dont say hendrick. When hendrick went off I personally felt that our midfield looked toothless and lightweight. Even mcclaren noticed this and tried moving russell in midfield to help which didnt work. Hendrick is like the aaron ramsey of our team as he is a complete midfielder and is the powerhouse of our midfield. Today opened my eyes as to how important hendrick is

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would this be a bad time to say that I don't think Hendrick really did a whole lot before going off with his injury? That was the turning point of the game, but only because it killed our momentum and allowed Ipswich to see it out until HT with just one goal. I think we could have had a 2nd goal easily if we hadn't had to stop the game for so long with the injury. Then of course they held on until half time and were able to regroup for the second half and get the equaliser.

But is there really any worth in debating the hypotheticals and "what ifs?". Move on.

What our second half performance showed was tgst when teams pressure us and set a high line we still struggle to break them down. Listening to the radio I got the impression thst Grant kept playing it short and our defense into pressure. We need to go long sometimes and not be so one dimensional.

What our second half performance showed was tgst when teams pressure us and set a high line we still struggle to break them down. Listening to the radio I got the impression thst Grant kept playing it short and our defense into pressure. We need to go long sometimes and not be so one dimensional.

Grant did the right thing going short. I don't remember a time when he put our defence under pressure. My biggest grip was we went long too many times once the back four got the ball. All it does is just give possession away. Major issue in the Clough era, hoof it long into the channels supposedly to relieve the pressure but actually heap more pressure on yourself.

Sunday football.

Urgency is what we need.

All over the 7 matches there's been bits where we've sparked into life but then drained out again.

Some players haven't woke up at all

Some show glimpses

We're missing Forsyth. Big time. He's there but he's not a patch on his performances last season.

Archived