Ibe to Derby Done - The Sun (and now Official Site as well)

robglosta

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I meant why he stalled before signing? I'm trying to understand why he was reluctant to come. Is he here happily or under sufferance?

No evidence to suggest he did.

Just like there's no evidence with Keogh or Martin supposedly stalling signing new contracts.

I meant why he stalled before signing? I'm trying to understand why he was reluctant to come. Is he here happily or under sufferance?

How do we know it stalled? I wouldn't take anything the Sun says as Gospel...

We'll find out if he wants to be here or not when he plays for us.

You only have the 'word' of a hack to substantiate that, for what that's worth. As McClaren said a couple of days ago, he had, at that time, not set up a meeting to speak to the lad.

He didn't sound particularly happy with his comment on twitter Derby it is... But you're right we will find out how much he wants it when he plays. Hopefully the lads make it easy for him to settle in and he sees the crowd today compared to what he would have got at Bolton.

He didn't sound particularly happy with his comment on twitter Derby it is... But you're right we will find out how much he wants it when he plays. Hopefully the lads make it easy for him to settle in and he sees the crowd today compared to what he would have got at Bolton.

He was possibly still entertaining hopes of breaking into Liverpool's first team until this week.

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen my Liverpool STH neighbour after overlapping holidays.

'How do rate Jordan Ibe, then?'

'Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.'

'He'll do a good job for us then.'

'Absolutely. There's been an absolute uproar about him going. We're having him back, though'

'Will he be as useful as Wisdom?'

'Better, much better'

Fingers crossed

Archived